It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 10:14:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 05. Jan 2024 16:34:12 

Hello,

I'm encountering a challenge with my Spirit GTR unit that I've been unable to resolve. Specifically, when the Rescue mode activates, the system correctly applies positive/negative pitch and levels the swash plate. However, it continues to apply backward elevator until the rescue mode is disengaged (i.e., when the switch returns to its normal position).

It's important to note that the Rescue mode operates as expected at the flight's outset, and this issue arises after performing certain 3D maneuvers. Everything else functions correctly: the helicopter maintains level flight during normal operations, and the FBL is appropriately tuned. Additionally, the unit itself is new.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or insights on addressing this matter, as i am unable to use the rescue feature until this issue is resolved. Thank you in advance for any guidance or suggestions you can provide.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Fri 05. Jan 2024 19:23:20 
Site Admin

Hello,

this problem is exactly described here:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... ise_Rescue

Please proceed according this page.

PostPosted: Fri 05. Jan 2024 21:04:58 

Thanks for the fast reply. I went through the my setup and everything appears to be correct. Swash plate is leveled, servo limits are correct and triggering Rescue on bench works as expected. However, at the start of the flight, Rescue mode works correctly as well, the problem occurs after some mild 3d. I have also noticed, tirggering rescue after performing a bench test results in incorrect behavior but i am not sure if this is expected or not. Overall i am at a loss here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri 05. Jan 2024 21:09:17 
Site Admin

Have you checked the page? What you are experiencing is problem of few described things at the guide.
If one or more of these are not correct, it will behave exactly like this.

The most common problem is extremely high vibration value. Have you checked the vibrations with Spektrum Analysis tool?
However if you are not flying and can replicate the issue even at the bench without prior flying it could indicate there is big mistake in the base settings.

First I would check if moving Pitch stick is moving with the Pitch channel bar in the same direction - in the Diagnostic tab of the PC software. Same for Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. This is first check if base settings are correct. Even if it is flying well it does not mean there can't be something swapped, reversed incorrectly.

PostPosted: Fri 05. Jan 2024 21:57:26 

From the guide i can confirm that i went through everything and found no issues with the exception of the vibrations check which i am unable to do right now. The rescue function works correctly on the bench but produces strange behavior only after performing a BEC test and only for a small amount of time (it seems to reset back to its original behaviour after a minute or two). Is this behavior normal? I will have a look at the vibrations graph when possible. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri 05. Jan 2024 22:26:55 
Site Admin

Yes, after BEC test this can happen and is normal.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 16:35:36 

I ran into this with a beastx unit , rescue / angular mode would work fine for about the first minute of flight then would start to drift worse and worse as the flight went on . Bottom line it was vibrations that I was not able to tame . (Align 450 L) . This is why I decided to buy a spirit . I put the spirit on the same model after removing the beastx , and it was much better , ( in stabilization mode) but not perfect . I then tried the expert setting “extended signal processing “ and it seems to be rock solid now . I have only a few test flight but so far it seems to be much better . Maybe try that setting and see if it helps . If it does it’s probably vibrations you’re fighting.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 18:39:56 
Site Admin

Yes, it could really help a lot. Unfortunately this solution mean your model could be in a really bad condition. It is recommended to fix the model and resolve source of the vibrations, because the problem will be very likely worsened with flight time until it will fail again or cause something unexpected.
For sure it should work also with BeastX. Sometimes it is very hard to nail the source, but if todays FBL units are having troubles it mean the level is few orders off of what is normal.
Usually the issue is Tail mechanics then less likely motor. In almost no case the issue are main blades or anything near main rotor.
With Spirit you can measure and find it directly in the software. It will say where the problem is.

PostPosted: Sat 03. Feb 2024 12:07:19 

I am coming back to this thread since i am still struggling to solve the discussed issue. Following your advice i have confirmed that the model is indeed suffering from high vibration values and as such for the last month i am fighting to solve the vibrations and eliminate the problem.

Following that, the heli (Goblin 380) was never crashed but it is used (around 300) flights and as such i've decided to do a rebuild switching tail and main shafts, spindle shafts and bearings to brand new in an attempt to solve the issue. I am still facing vibrations after the rebuild. I will attach here a set of images since in case i am missing something.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments:
File comment: X - axis
vibration - x.png
vibration - x.png [ 56.98 KiB | Viewed 601 times ]
File comment: Y - axis
vibrations - y.png
vibrations - y.png [ 77.61 KiB | Viewed 601 times ]
File comment: Z - axis
vibrations - z.png
vibrations - z.png [ 67.87 KiB | Viewed 601 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 04. Feb 2024 17:26:21 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the plots. Are they measured with tail blades on?
If so, the vibration level is not that big, but there is clear resonance near the tail visible.
It could be enough to readjust belt tension or check if there is not a play at the tail shaft.
Make sure all bolts are tights near the tail.