It is currently Thu 02. May 2024 7:51:48

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Feb 2024 20:08:51 

Hello, the measurements are done without blades. There is a small play in the tail casing which I am going to eliminate as soon as I receive the part. If the above graphs are reasonable, what else could be the cause of such behaviour on the rescue function.

Please note, today I have done a test flight with Signal Processing on and the problem did not appear on 2 of the 3 flights.

Thanks for helping out.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Feb 2024 21:05:25 
Site Admin

Unfortunately with tail blades on vibration level is always at least 2-3x higher. In that case it could be order higher than what was measured.

PostPosted: Thu 22. Feb 2024 22:31:18 

After considering the preceding discussion, I've taken the step of integrating a second Spirit GTR unit onto a new Goblin Raw 500 helicopter. However, I've encountered persistently high vibration levels, surpassing the threshold of 100 on the Y-axis. This situation prompts me to contemplate whether the Spirit unit is particularly susceptible to vibrations or if there's an overlooked factor at play.

Analyzing the telemetry data reveals that the Spectral Vibes (S Vibes) register at 7%. I'm intrigued by the distinction between this percentage and the readings from the spectrum analyzer. Consequently, I'm left pondering whether I should disregard the analyzer entirely and proceed with flying in the current configuration.

Should I overlook the spectrum analyzer results altogether and proceed with flight operations as is?

PostPosted: Fri 23. Feb 2024 7:20:47 

Is the unit firmly mounted and not on some vibration absorbing mounts? I had high x axis vibrations (>70) on my brand new Kraken 580 which was due to the following.

#1. unbalanced tail rotor holders !!
#2 Unbalanced tail blades.
#3. Using the provided vibration dampener mount.
#4. measuring vibrations on a hard floor.

After resolving 1 and 2 and mounting the uint directy on the frame and making use of some cardboard/carpet during the measurements helped to bring it down to 20-30%

The unit is perfect to find where the vibrations are occurring.

PostPosted: Fri 23. Feb 2024 9:19:22 

Hi there, thank you for your help.

1. I'll double-check today just to be thorough.
2. Although the blades are balanced, I'm currently conducting vibration analysis without them, ruling out blade-related issues.
3. The Raw 500 does not have a dampener mount so that eliminates this possibility.
4. While I'm currently measuring with the helicopter placed on a soft mouse pad, I'll try it on a carpet for confirmation.

Additionally, I've installed a Hobbywing fan on the ESC, which, according to other discussions, may impact unit vibrations. I'll remove it for testing purposes. However, if the fan indeed caused vibrations, they should be noticeable on the charts even without the motor running. Is my understanding correct?