It is currently Thu 09. May 2024 5:08:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 03. Jan 2024 14:03:13 

HeliMLM wrote:
doingmainestuff wrote:
....and the unit sits with the connector facing forward. My Spirit GT also faces forward (0* in settings). ...

"GT also faces forward": does that mean that the connector of the GT is facing forward too?

Zero degrees, as it's called in the settings. Which means connectors facing rearward. But, to me, that means the unit itself is facing forward as most FBL units are oriented this way.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 08.01.34.png
Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 08.01.34.png [ 44.32 KiB | Viewed 344 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 15. Jan 2024 16:04:52 

Hi ZeXx86,

My Geolink seems to working fine in the air even though when facing Magnetic North the adjusted reading from the software says 090 deg (127 deg - 037 deg adj) just like in the manual.

Could you please explain why this is so? Why when it is facing North - it is reading 090 degrees and not 000 degrees. There must be some explainable reason for this because even though it is written in the manual it defies common logic. It would help a few pilots get on with flying instead of why they can't get their Geolink to calibrate.

Look forward to your response.

PostPosted: Tue 16. Jan 2024 14:21:50 

Sawdfish wrote:
Hi ZeXx86,

My Geolink seems to working fine in the air even though when facing Magnetic North the adjusted reading from the software says 090 deg (127 deg - 037 deg adj) just like in the manual.

Could you please explain why this is so? Why when it is facing North - it is reading 090 degrees and not 000 degrees. There must be some explainable reason for this because even though it is written in the manual it defies common logic. It would help a few pilots get on with flying instead of why they can't get their Geolink to calibrate.

Look forward to your response.

This ^

I've given up on the GeoLink for now. I can't get my head around 90 degrees PLUS the 30-degree offset I'll have to use. I assumed it would simply use GPS heading and position for orientation.

I also can't make heads or tails of the altitude and position holds while keeping base stability on. The translated English manual is hard to reconcile when terms are used interchangeably, and it gets confusing.

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 18:48:10 
Site Admin

GeoLink heading measurement is based on sensor data and how it translates to degrees.
We will try to make it more clear in the future. So software will display heading also in words.

If something is not clear you can always ask. If GeoLink calibration ends with flashing LED light (when there is no motion) it mean it is successful and done almost certainly well. It checks if it was in all directions during the calibration.