It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 16:47:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 08. Oct 2023 11:50:57 
Site Admin

Without sharing your settings file it is hard to help you.
The only issue that unit could have is the screws that are holding its enclosure are loose for whatever reason.

You can send the unit anytime for checking to us, however each unit is tested before we are shipping them. The question is what is history of the unit, was it opened by someone, was it crashed, how is it mounted?
But first thing I would do is to check the settings and also screws. So please share settings and then we will see. If it works with other unit, you can be sure it can work with Spirit too.

You can think whatever of course. Since there are so many pilots with Align models and Spirit I guess your model is not anything special and can work perfectly as it does for others.
If you do not want to spend more time and it is less than 14 days from when you received the package then return it to us and use your other controller :)

PostPosted: Sun 08. Oct 2023 13:19:03 

I had high hopes for the Spirit and hoped to use the Geolink to set a hard deck eventually.

I shared the settings file for the TB70 earlier in this thread, and I can share the 550E file later today.

I am simply using the settings for the 550 supplied utilizing the wizard. But, I played around with gain, and there was no change.

Why does my helicopters fly just fine on another controller but not this GT? If severe vibrations were the sole issue, it should oscillate on any controller.

The mechanical linkages on both helis are friction-free and smooth, too.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Oct 2023 0:10:25 

I was able to dial almost all of the tail wag in the Spirit on my 550E. I had to drop Piro Consistency to 50 (the lowest setting). Now, tail/gyro gain works as intended, and I can dial it up to a tail wag and then back down.

Attached are my settings for the 550E. Ignore the Piro setting in this file; I dropped it to 50.

So, there is hope yet for the TB70.

Attachments:
550e v2.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 12 times

PostPosted: Mon 09. Oct 2023 16:21:30 
Site Admin

Hello,

unfortunately I can't see your settings for TB70 in this thread.

I checked your 550 settings and unfortunately for this model you should set Pirouette Consistency to preferably 165 - 175.
If the value is out of this range it signalize some problem. So please set there value 165 to 550 model.

Can you please take a photo of how your unit is mounted?

Regarding question why it does not work, I cant answer yet. First I need to get reply for the question regarding history of the unit.
Was it opened previously? Have you checked if 4 screws are holding properly?
If electornics is not secured there it could cause all these problems and for this reason you can also see so big vibrations.
It points to this problem.

PostPosted: Mon 09. Oct 2023 18:07:38 

Hello Tomas,
the settings of the TB70 are here in the thread:

Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-10-09 190534.png
Screenshot 2023-10-09 190534.png [ 335.92 KiB | Viewed 192 times ]

Rgards
Matthias

PostPosted: Mon 09. Oct 2023 18:29:56 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

unfortunately I can't see your settings for TB70 in this thread.

Check earlier in this thread where I attached them.

ZeXx86 wrote:

I checked your 550 settings and unfortunately for this model you should set Pirouette Consistency to preferably 165 - 175.
If the value is out of this range it signalize some problem. So please set there value 165 to 550 model.

This was the only value that calmed the tail. I don't have an issue with the tail pitch control rod or servo (it's new), or the tail rotor shaft. What else could there be? I know the vibrations are on the higher side for this 550, and my TB70, but there is little else to replace to try and calm them.

ZeXx86 wrote:

Can you please take a photo of how your unit is mounted?

See attachment.

ZeXx86 wrote:

Regarding question why it does not work, I cant answer yet. First I need to get reply for the question regarding history of the unit.
Was it opened previously? Have you checked if 4 screws are holding properly?
If electornics is not secured there it could cause all these problems and for this reason you can also see so big vibrations.
It points to this problem.

The unit is new, purchased from HeliDirect on September 10, 2023. The screws on the Spirit unit do not appear to be loose. I am using the tape provided to mount it.

Attachments:
File comment: The unit mounted on my 550E. Pins are facing the front of the helicopter. It is mounted where my FC6250HX was mounted.
IMG_0026.jpg
IMG_0026.jpg [ 4.99 MiB | Viewed 187 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 10. Oct 2023 12:29:01 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you very much. Settings and mounting is looking quite good, except that one servo connector is almost disconnected in the Spirit unit.
Tomorrow we will ship you new Spirit GT for comparison with FedEx Express. I am out of ideas if it all is good.
If possible can you send me your shipping address to a private message?

PostPosted: Tue 10. Oct 2023 13:14:42 

I noticed that connector right away, too. It had pulled out when I removed the programming cable to download the settings. I assure you it is always fully pushed in during every flight.

I'll send you my address via PM.

PostPosted: Mon 16. Oct 2023 15:33:14 

Thanks to the Spirit team, I have a new unit installed.

When I ran the spectrum analysis, the numbers were lower than before but still in the higher range.

But the tail holds much tighter now with a high Piro setting of 185 (recommended).

I'll continue to work on the vibrations with some new parts to try, including a different motor - Scorpion 5024 535Kv.

At least now I can use my eggbeater as intended, and the holding power and precision this GT affords are killer!

PostPosted: Fri 03. Nov 2023 21:59:14 

I fly a SAB Kraken and the there was extreme tail vibrations right out of the box, I purchased a complete new tail assembly and still the same levels of vibration. The only way I managed to reduce it was to dynamically balance it by applying pieces of tape to the tail blades. also certain rpm may increase or decrease the level of vibrations.
funny thing is I found out how bad the vibrations were after hours of perfect flying :D I assumed that a new model will be vibration free but wasn't the case but the GT didn't have any effect on the vibrations, even self level where other units will suffer was hands free with the Spirit GT. I bet something is resonating in your frame. Thick servo leads can also transmit vibration to the unit. they shouldn't be tight but secured.