It is currently Fri 03. May 2024 5:32:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Swash direction
PostPosted: Mon 02. Oct 2023 15:45:37 

Hi There I am getting really frustrated I cannot get the swash to work in the right direction
Im am using a Teranis on TAER with 120 swash normal direction.
It all works fine except the swash plate left to right is the wrong way. I have been trying for a couple of days to sort this out to no avail. The servo mapping in sprit page is as follows CH 1 reversed 2 normal 3 reversed 4 normal.
what ever I do somthing is back to front and trust me I have tried everything. I am using a spektrum DM9 with satalite. talking to a micro spirit in a align 250 trex clone running a tarot head. please help or its going in the f##king bin.
and I wont be buying anymore as I already have 2 units both have the same problem.

Post subject: Re: Swash direction
PostPosted: Mon 02. Oct 2023 17:48:28 

You probably have the wrong movement of the green sliders in the Diagnostics tab.
Or you have not correctly entered the position of the unit on the model,
Or you have not connected the servos correctly according to the pictures to Ch1-3 ...
Here are videos on how to set everything correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fz-wFBxEs0

PostPosted: Mon 02. Oct 2023 17:56:34 

Hello,
it is really hard to help if you do not show some pictures of your heli and also the .4ds-file -
What's really impotant is that all directions are correct in the Spirit Settings diagnostic Tab !
If this is not correct then all other things are useless -
On the other hand you have to set the right swashplate and the correct orientation of the swashplate. Also the right position/orientation of the Spirit must set right -

Regards

PostPosted: Sun 28. Apr 2024 21:53:35 

Hi I could take a hammer to the spirit sytem. I have spent the last few nights trying to get the sytem working with DSM module (DM 9 in a teranis X9D) what ever I do theres alway one of the axis wrong way round but only one. The unit is the frame correctly and the channel order is all okay. When the swash works fine. it just the gyro works back to front. Is there an option to reverse it in the sofware as I cant find it assumming all i need to do is just change that option.
I used a conventional system before 120 on the transmitter and played about with the pluses and minuses to get he swash to move in the correct direction, then set the gyro direction manually. I always got it to work with a bit of trial and error. I will try with a Frsky reciever tommorrow see if that helps.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2024 5:50:32 

a20cae wrote:
Hi I could take a hammer to the spirit sytem. I have spent the last few nights trying to get the sytem working with DSM module (DM 9 in a teranis X9D) what ever I do theres alway one of the axis wrong way round but only one. The unit is the frame correctly and the channel order is all okay. When the swash works fine. it just the gyro works back to front. Is there an option to reverse it in the sofware as I cant find it assumming all i need to do is just change that option.
I used a conventional system before 120 on the transmitter and played about with the pluses and minuses to get he swash to move in the correct direction, then set the gyro direction manually. I always got it to work with a bit of trial and error. I will try with a Frsky reciever tommorrow see if that helps.

don't hammer it, ill take them (both). I would check the following. connect each servo directly to an rx port and confirm that all servos are moving in the same direction(better start with a new model profile in your Tx), if all seems correct, number the servo wires with some tape or something removable and connect them according to the instructions. reset the unit to factory defaults, and start the wizard. Should work out. Having two units posing the same to me is pointing to the servos, servo directions in the TX or the mounting setting you have configured (sprit facing forward with wires facing back or facing back with wires to the front of the unit.)

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2024 7:27:10 

Move channel mapping until there is an exact match of green bar in diagnostic.
After follow the manual

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2024 7:32:48 
Site Admin

Hello,

the common problem is that pilots are looking at the servos from the beginning and when there is some direction wrong they will try to immediately fix it with some reverses - this is wrong.
It is enough to proceed exactly according Setup Wizard in the Spirit Settings software. You only have to look at the servos when the wizard is telling you to do so.
You actually do not have to think at all about the setup, just do what is written there. Result will be that all will work as should.

The only problem could be:
1. Swashplate Type is wrong - there is only one correct option. If selected wrong, you will never go to correct result.
2. Servo CH1 and CH3 are not connected according Swashplate Diagram - please note, each swashplate type has different wiring.
3. Mounting Position is wrong - there is only one correct option. If selected wrong, you will never go to correct result.
4. Channels are not moving in the right direction in the Diagnostic tab. Aileron, Elevator, Rudder, Pitch channels must correspond to your stick movement (including direction). If there is some direction wrong, you can't finish the setup. So I recommend to check this first.
5. Maybe you enabled Collective Pitch direction - Reversed. This must be disabled for 99% helicopters.

I am not sure where the actual problem is in your case - it is one of these 5 or their combination.
In reality the setup is so easy we can set it even remotely for you. It will take us no more than 5 minutes. If you have TeamViewer and you are available between 8 - 16 GMT+2 time, we can connect to your computer and do the setup from the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2024 9:50:26 

I would tend to agree with others that there is nothing wrong with the Spirit unit but more in either your setup or wiring or maybe even you Tx programming.

Unfamiliar with Teranis, but with Spektrum you leave the swash setup to default which is set to Normal.
Unsure if this is your problem just offering up suggestions.

If you really dislike the Spirit units and cant figure it out, send them to me instead of taking a hammer to them. I will pay all shipping and expenses, put them to good use and get them flying

Would like to add....
The swash mixing is done within the flight controller NOT the Tx.
Please double check your Tx settings. I would bet this is the source of your problems

Last edited by ExCCHP on Tue 30. Apr 2024 9:32:21, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 29. Apr 2024 20:44:39 

you had the same problem as me
on my radio throttle is channel 1 but in spirit software I have to use channel 2 (I do not know the reason but in this mode green bars are ok)
on my radio aileron is channel 2 but in spirit software i have to use channel 3
on my radio elevator is channel 3 but in spirit software i have to use channel 1

rudder is exact on my radio channel 4 and in spirit software channel 4
gyro gain is exact on my radio channel 5 and in spirit software channel 5
pitch is exact on my radio channel 6 and in spirit software channel 6

It definitely depends on the multiprotocol but this result I've had it using AETR (aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) and also using TAER
using that order my spirit works great.
I use edge tx and you you certainly use it open tx and it's the same thing.
For me to your stick movements the green bars in diagnostic-input channel they do not correspond to the right movements (and by pure chance you have the problem on your plate)
but if you don't fix it the green bars you will never be able to set spirit.
Let us know if your movements stick and green bars they correspond to you or they don't match?