It is currently Sat 04. May 2024 15:48:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 12. Sep 2023 14:17:17 

My GeoLink v2 is successfully connected/powered up/mounted. Please consider the following:

1. Why doesn’t the module power-up and connect without failure every time indoors?
2. Outside on my terrace the module connects successfully with up to 11 satellites and the blue LED flashes and becomes steady. After achieving this status inside, it loses the satellites and stops functioning. To carry out adjustments at the field must I always take my laptop with me?
4. My Jeti DC-14 does not show much information when viewed with ‘Device Explorer’. I do not feel confident enough yet with the configuration of my v2 module to do a test flight. Please provide answers to the above and add any supplementary information on switching the features, which nearly all seem to require the same channel ‘Stabi-Coaxial’ as default.

Fingers crossed and thanks in anticipation of a speedy solution.

PostPosted: Tue 12. Sep 2023 17:05:49 

Heliman550 wrote:
1. Why doesn’t the module power-up and connect without failure every time indoors?

Inside you've walls and a roof. Many iron, steel and glas. No good für GPS signal.

Heliman550 wrote:
2. Outside on my terrace the module connects successfully with up to 11 satellites and the blue LED flashes and becomes steady. After achieving this status inside, it loses the satellites and stops functioning.

That's normal. You're inside. Look above.

Heliman550 wrote:
To carry out adjustments at the field must I always take my laptop with me?

The most important adjustments should be available with the integration. The basic setup should be done at home with the PC.

Heliman550 wrote:
4. My Jeti DC-14 does not show much information when viewed with ‘Device Explorer’. I do not feel confident enough yet with the configuration of my v2 module to do a test flight. Please provide answers to the above and add any supplementary information on switching the features, which nearly all seem to require the same channel ‘Stabi-Coaxial’ as default.

Have a look at the Spirit manuals. The discriptions are very well.
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... =Main_Page

PostPosted: Wed 13. Sep 2023 4:33:09 

Thank you for prompt response.

I will wait for fine weather when I can sit on my terrace to carry out and test setup of my module. I will need to construct a shade box for my laptop or go outside during darkness. Hopefully, it won't be too hot as we have full sun from about 11:30 right now.

I don't understand why it's essential for the module to be in connection with satellites to do this setup. I will check out the information (AGAIN) at the end of your link. However, up to now I have read that the setting up can be done indoors, therefore, shouldn't need the satellites.

In the meantime if any GeoLink users can join in with some tips on how they achieved a seamless setting up process, I'd appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed 13. Sep 2023 7:16:29 
Site Admin

Hello,

GeoLink does not require satellites at all for doing the setup.
You can fully configure it even in a basement clear from GPS signal.

Then there are only few checks required to make sure it will work in the air such engaging the features at the bench and observing swashplate behavior.

PostPosted: Wed 13. Sep 2023 15:02:20 

Hello again, I'm afraid that this does not appear to be the case. I had a connection indoors and carried out the levelling and alignment to Magnetic North. I followed up by establishing the connections to the channels and moved on to testing the activation of features. I saved the progress, made a short break and since then I can only get a reliable connection whilst outside, hence, my frustration.

You can repeat as often as you like that it should work, but it doesn't. Over to you to give some wisdom :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon 18. Sep 2023 9:57:53 

Good morning, I'm still waiting on some feedback that will break this deadlock.

I'm still unable to establish a stable connection to my module. It lasts only around 10 minutes at best. I picked up some information regarding the telemetry link to the ESC, however, I don't have any connections other than the main signal connection. The motor is fully disconnected for safety reasons.

Please provide some insight to this situation.

PostPosted: Tue 19. Sep 2023 14:54:23 
Site Admin

Hello,

there should be no case of unstable connection normally. Especially not indoor.
If your cable is Original one, then please make sure your Spirit unit had no oxidized connectors.
I am not sure what Spirit unit you are using.

But first from all I recommend to check what you can see at the Flight Log - immediately after power up.
If it is very first Spirit unit then I fear there could be hardware problem.

I also recommend to unplug everything from the second SAT port for verification (if there is something connected).

Then I also recommend to perform updating to the latest firmware version of the Spirit unit and GeoLink module.

If you checked everything, we can send you new module for comparison.

PostPosted: Tue 19. Sep 2023 15:15:03 

Hello there and thanks for your return to my ongoing challenge. It can be frustrating but I still consider it all part of the fun :mrgreen:

I have two modules, v1 and v2. I bought the v2 to give me an alternative to work on. Both are currently using their most up to date Firmware and are connected to SpiritPro gyros of which I have three in total. At the moment, the v1 is connected to my most recently purchased SpiritPro. I have moved over to this helicopter to bring it to completion and test-flight ready (fingers crossed).

I have tried various connecting/disconnecting options and am of the opinion that my SpiritPro gyro connected to the v2 module has an internal fault (or hardware issue as you suggest) that is causing the issue of poor connectivity. This gyro is now 8 years old but still works fine in its non-GeoLink functioning. I'm considering to update this model with the best, most up to date configuration and then return to the challenge of installing the v2 module to this new setup. Any suggestions you may have for this purchase will be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

PostPosted: Sun 24. Sep 2023 14:58:00 

Good afternoon,

I am feeling good about the situation of connection stability after buying a replacement Interface cable following my supplier's return from a well-earned holiday break. I have confidence that I can move forward now. I can't explain why my two older cables don't hold a connection when used in GeoLink service but are fine for programming only the SpiritPro without the GeoLink connected.

Here are some queries specifically regarding configuration:

1. Can a mixture of activation via 'Stabi' and 'Dedicated Channel' be used or must it be one or the other?
2. The online manual states that the GeoLink module can be switched on/off to activate/deactivate the features. How is this achieved?
3. Configuration of the 'Geo-fence' feature describes using 'On (2)' as the method for programming in the field. It also says it can't be used whilst flying the model. Does this mean that the model must be physically carried to the four locations for defining the 'Geo-fence area'? In my case, I consider this the best option for defining the area given the distance to the field from the parking area of our club and the effort of transporting all things plus my laptop to the field.

PostPosted: Sun 24. Sep 2023 20:10:29 

Heliman550 wrote:
Good afternoon,

1. Can a mixture of activation via 'Stabi' and 'Dedicated Channel' be used ...

No.

Heliman550 wrote:
2. The online manual states that the GeoLink module can be switched on/off to activate/deactivate the features. How is this achieved?

Configuration App -> second TAB ("Allgemein" in German / don't know how its called in english version) -> TAG box at Geo-Link-Modul at bottom right

Heliman550 wrote:

3. Configuration of the 'Geo-fence' feature describes using 'On (2)' as the method for programming in the field. It also says it can't be used whilst flying the model. Does this mean that the model must be physically carried to the four locations for defining the 'Geo-fence area'?

It seems so....

3. In my case, I consider this the best option for defining the area given the distance to the field from the parking area of our club and the effort of transporting all things plus my laptop to the field.[/quote]
To make these settings it is the best option.