It is currently Fri 10. May 2024 0:19:15

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Installing Geolink
PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 15:40:41 

Hi there, I'm attempting to install my GeoLink and have only seen the blue power light momentarily and then it goes out. The firmware was showing 0 and now has v2 showing but the status bar only gets to 1% and then I get a failure warning.

Please help.

Update 14.08.23: I have been surfing around to find help from other sources whilst waiting for your feedback. I discovered something that relates to 'Status' that says the blue LED only flashes for 1 second and goes out. This seems to be so in my case. The unit is supposed to be seeking satellite connections during this time. I took the helicopter out onto the terrace and waited. In very short time the LED was steady, however, the connection still fails despite me having updated all Firmware/Drivers. This only happens when I try to open up the GeoLink setup tab. Otherwise the connection remains good for setting up my SpiritPro.

I also came across a calibration procedure and video. Neither seemed very helpful from my point of view and I have rewritten the procedure and created a PowerPoint to demonstrate the procedure. I will share this if there is any appetite for it. I intend to test this if I can get the module to communicate with me :roll:

Here's hoping!

Post subject: Re: Installing Geolink
PostPosted: Sat 26. Aug 2023 4:02:05 

Heliman550 wrote:
Hi there, I'm attempting to install my GeoLink and have only seen the blue power light momentarily and then it goes out.

I'm in the same boat. My GeoLink is new, so it must be a V2. Is yours working now?

PostPosted: Sat 26. Aug 2023 4:36:43 

davidbitton wrote:
Heliman550 wrote:
Hi there, I'm attempting to install my GeoLink and have only seen the blue power light momentarily and then it goes out.

I'm in the same boat. My GeoLink is new, so it must be a V2. Is yours working now?

Hi there, just because it's new doesn't mean it's v2. Suppliers could be selling their old stock first, I've come across this before.

This thread has remained unanswered by Spirit's Support Team.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2023 16:58:41 
Site Admin

Hello,

if the GeoLink is really new and bought from us then it is V2 and should work immediately after correct wiring. It is important to use correct SAT port.
You will see V2 in the logo and also Laser sensor at the bottom part of the module. Is this the case?

If not, was the module ever working for you? If yes, were you updating it?

First it is good to find if it is V2 or V1. Depending on this you have to select correct firmware in the Recovery mode. Please note during recovery mode, to initiate flashing you have to reconnect the GeoLink cable. Right when it is showing 0% progress. Not before pressing Flash button. You have to confirm all windows and then reconnect the cable. In this way recovery mode should be possible.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Sep 2023 18:01:28 

Good evening, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I've moved on from this thread and have a reliable connection.

I have piggy-backed another thread regarding an error message as my unit is now asking for an update of the 'Spirit.bin' file despite me having updated (from the thread) and I don't know why there isn't a central point where we can go and quote our hardware's registration number and be directed to the correct files for update without having to spend ages surfing around and guessing.

Please direct me to such a location that I can obtain the correct software to resolve my problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2023 8:05:50 
Site Admin

Spirit.bin file is very different thing and is not related with Spirit product but JETI radios - at least I hope you are talking about this. For this please visit our manual and see how it can be updated:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... N.29_files

Both Spirit and GeoLink are updated with a single click online. So there is nothing to tinker about.
If it is still not clear to you, then here is step by step procedure to update GeoLink:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... k_Updating

And if you need to update Spirit unit then here is step by step guide as well:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... pirit_unit

In other words it is all written in the manual - all this can be found from a single page:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/

If you are buying from us then all our products are updated and do not require updating to make it work.
If you are buying old units from other people then it could have even 10 year old version...

PostPosted: Wed 06. Sep 2023 8:36:36 

in this link there is a wiring section did you use the sat port exact?
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=GeoLink_Mounting
in short it is written:
Wiring
Wiring is done through one JST to JST cable with length of 22cm which is supplied with GeoLink. Longer cable is possible and will be available. For GPS itself a shorter cable is better, because any additional cables attached to the module and Spirit unit could distort the signal.

μSpirit Primary satellite port (SAT)
Spirit Primary satellite port
Spirit Aero Primary satellite port
Spirit 2 Secondary satellite port (SAT2)
Spirit RS Secondary satellite port (SAT2)
Spirit Pro Secondary satellite port
Spirit GT Secondary satellite port (SAT2)
Spirit GTR Secondary satellite port (SAT2)

see this video when you get it to work (use the translation through the subtitles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkOxHRp376Q&t=393s

usually always works the first time.
update spirit.bin has nothing to do with geolink, for now you connect it to the pc