It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 14:52:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 14:19:41 

Have you tried activating rescue automatic?
but if you not use subtitles i don't understand english talked
when you upload the video push activate automatic subtitles.
I believe that the spirit put on another electronics is perfect.
you will send it in for assistance and they will say that it works but if you don't have another helicopter you can't do anything about it.
edge tx and open tx they have 1000000000 menus it's the same thing you can do it in 10 different mode.
I like it so much my radiomaster tx16s mark 2 max it is beautiful but too many problems, meù,settings,firmware,receiving firmware, ecc ecc
Attachment:
tx16smark2max.jpg
tx16smark2max.jpg [ 234.67 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 14:40:30 

franz88 wrote:
Have you tried activating rescue automatic?
but if you not use subtitles i don't understand english talked

I have not tried Rescue automatic but in the air I have tried Altitude Hold with the Geolink. Altitude Hold behaves exactly like Rescue, zero pitch and a rapid decent.
I can try Rescue automatic on the bench if you think thats useful?

Ok, looks like I was able to active autoamtic subtitles, I have done so on the last four or five videos.

Last edited by loctite on Sat 12. Aug 2023 14:51:46, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 14:44:24 

I loveOpentTX and EdgeTX, I remember the old days when I had Futaba and Graupner and how difficult everything was to program.
Also ExpressLRS is the future, except for helis where Spirit Wave will rule of course. :D

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 14:51:16 

no try on the table activate it for a second or two and move rescue collective picth.
this parameter it is used to decide how much pace to give when you activate rescue.
Attachment:
rescue.jpg
rescue.jpg [ 330.86 KiB | Viewed 168 times ]

and after try to select in channel
p:rescue collective pitch try to command this parameter through a button (this decides if you have to have 0 degrees 3 degrees etc)

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 15:13:30 

franz88 wrote:
no try on the table activate it for a second or two and move rescue collective picth.
this parameter it is used to decide how much pace to give when you activate rescue.
Attachment:
salvataggio.jpg

and after try to select in channel
p:rescue collective pitch try to command this parameter through a button (this decides if you have to have 0 degrees 3 degrees etc)

Excellent idea, I tried it but nothing happens when I change the value of P: Rescue Collective Pitch.

https://youtu.be/AXRWVnR6mss

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 16:42:49 

first set the potentiometer to maximum and leave it at the maximum point
and after active rescue (but from what I see it doesn't work)

or while the rescue is active turn the potentiometer and see if the swashplate moves

but if in this mode remains 0
NOT IS NORMAL
try to use the logs to understand maybe the logs themselves tell you the problem

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 20:19:31 
Site Admin

Hello,

I am developer of the system so it is better to try what I suggest. The issue is only in the settings, so resolution should be very easy.
I am at the vacations now, so it is hard for me to find all important details between many other posts.
Have you tried to assign Gyro Gain to channel 5?

1) Set Stabi/Function to Selected by Channel
2) Set F: Rescue (Normal) or other function in the Channels window.
3) Change channel so you can see On in the F: Rescue - Channels window.

Nothing else is required to make it work.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 21:56:59 

Hello,
have you conected geolink to the spirit, the LED of geolink is blue ? Disable the geolink, unplug that -
Are all outputs set to 83%, rescue channel also ? We do not see your outputs all set to 83% -

As a small note, I never use the setup wizard myself - when I program the rescue, I always go to the stabi tab first and select selected by channel at the top and save it in the FBL first. Only then do I go into channels and then select rescue normal and select the appropriate channel and then save that back to the FBL -

For your measurements, always measure your pitch or cyclic angle from the front, the rotor blades are always in the same direction as the tail boom! When measuring the other rotor blade, this must also be rotated forward and then the pitch gauge pushed back on the other blade - do not try to measure it in other direktions you get wrong values because your desk is maybe not exactly leveled -

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 22:02:50 

Sorry ZeXx86, I meant for no disrespect at all. I appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot why Rescue isn't working. It's just that we are repeating the same troubleshooting steps several times and that can be a little frustrating.

To sum the issue up as short as possible while still including the most relevant observations.

Yes, rescue can be triggered, both using the channel method and using negative gyro gain. That is to say, the configurator shows rescue as Engaged in Blue and a (1) in the Channel view.
However, this Rescue state that the Spirit is in is not working as it should. Instead of applying positive pitch in accordance with the level set in Rescue collective pitch, pitch is always set to zero degrees. Raising the heli up and down makes no changes to pitch and also if Rescue Duration is set the gyro will not time out after Rescue Duration and apply the Hover collective pitch, it stays in 0 degree pitch. I think these observations are important in suggesting that even if the Spririt appears to be in Rescue mode it is not properly entering the correct state.
In the air enabling rescue makes the heli decend rapidly making no attempts to correct the attitude to level flight or to climb.

I recognize that in every other instance of problems with rescue the cause has been shown to be related to the setup of the heli, incorrect servo assignment or stick direction in the radio or in the configurator etc. I have made several videos showing both partial and full setups and I think I can fairly confidently say that the setup is correct in these regards. Yes, you can always see a small amount of difference in pitch in subtrim tuning even if a swash quage has been used for setup but there aren't any grave mistakes that should affect Rescue. We have tried a few different radios and receivers, moving rescue to other channels and to channel 5 with gyro gain but the result is always the same: Rescue can be activated, but the gyro goes to this state where pitch is zero etc. The same happens in Altitude Hold with geolink active by the way.

As you say, it should be easy to trigger Rescue, and indeed it is. However my particular gyro does not work the way it should when it states that it is in Rescue mode.

So where is the problem, somewhere in the configuration of my radio, or in the setup of the Spirit, or is the Spirit itself faulty? We have yet to find out but we have done a lot of trhoubleshooting on the radio and setup and neither I nor anyone else can see a configuration mistake.

Please enjoy your holiday and do not think to much on this issue, family is more important that this small problem and we can follow up when your vacation is over.

Perhaps I will be able to borrow another Spirit from the vendor here in Norway and isolate the issue to the radio/configuration or in my Spirit gyro.

With thanks for all your efforts so far, that goes for all of you that have contributed as well.
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 22:10:09 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,
have you conected geolink to the spirit, the LED of geolink is blue ? Disable the geolink, unplug that -
Are all outputs set to 83%, rescue channel also ? We do not see your outputs all set to 83% -

As a small note, I never use the setup wizard myself - when I program the rescue, I always go to the stabi tab first and select selected by channel at the top and save it in the FBL first. Only then do I go into channels and then select rescue normal and select the appropriate channel and then save that back to the FBL -

For your measurements, always measure your pitch or cyclic angle from the front, the rotor blades are always in the same direction as the tail boom! When measuring the other rotor blade, this must also be rotated forward and then the pitch gauge pushed back on the other blade - do not try to measure it in other direktions you get wrong values because your desk is maybe not exactly leveled -

Hi Mattes,
Yes, I have tried removing the Geolink and also using another BEC from another Kontronik Jive as well as disconnecting the FrSky S.Port sensors trying to remove as many other variables as possible.
I have also tried with the rescue channel set to 83% and there is no difference in the behaviour of Rescue.
Also since we have tried to activate Rescue using the negative gain mode that kind of replicates the same test I think.

You can see the test here: https://youtu.be/UXpn19m7rVY

Thanks for the tip regarding how to properly level the swash. Then my setup is more or less perfect, It measures maybe 0,1 degree difference front to back but 1 degree difference from left to right which i did not know that you can ignore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next