It is currently Mon 13. May 2024 1:29:52

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2023 11:14:41 

Hello Tomas,
I will send you later all three banks, can you then please look at it what's maybe wrong ?
Thank you for your help !

I think I had copied the first bank to all others without the only difference of the rotation rate higher but I will look at it -

Thanks a lot in advance !

Best Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2023 19:35:03 

Hello Tomas,
I have made new tests with the failsafe situation -

First I did the bank comparison and saw with amazement that different values were entered in Bank1 and Bank2 - since I do the Rudder gain via the remote control, I was very surprised! No matter what I specified via the remote control, it had no effect on banks 1 and 2! I had three values linked via a switch, such as 80, 82 and 84% - in bank 1 the change was immediately visible, in the other banks nothing changed -
In general I do it so that in bank 0 I have all make settings and then copy this to bank 1+2, but the setting was always via transmitter...
Anyway, I then re-copied bank 0 to bank 1 and 2 and now the difference was gone - the only thing that remained was that the values could not be changed from 80 to 82 or 84% in bank1 and 2 - This problem I had already described in another thread that there were incorrect values for the Rudder gain in the integration for the banks 1 and 2, which I could not explain, after this change these values in the integration suddenly fitted again!
Since something doesn't seem to be working properly here, I decided to deactivate channel 5 and set the different Rudder gains per bank in the FBL, which also works without any problems via the integration - at the moment I have set the same value of 80% in each bank, which I tested in flight -
Unfortunately, changing the setting for the failsafe scenario did not bring any change!

But as the saying goes, sometimes the problem is in front of the screen.. I have to admit, I had wrong expectations regarding the heading hold - I thought that if I steer fully to the right, for example, the rear slider would have to be restored in the event of an error like it was stored in failsafe, jumping in the the middle position, like with the swashplate, where the failsafe worked perfectly... This assumption was fundamentally wrong !!
I remembered that it was often said that things behave differently in the air than on the workbench and that was exactly my problem -

A simple test then confirmed that everything is fine!

Let's assume you have deflected the rudder fully to the right and then failsafe comes up, then the heli will try to turn further to the right...if you now pick up the heli and want to turn it further to the right, you will see pretty quickly that the turning the rear slider from about 5° further fully to the left means that the rear rotation is prevented in a short time and that is absolutely correct! So it works perfectly, as set in the failsafe! That was unfortunately a mistake on my part, sorry!

The other issue, why the values of the Rudder gain specified by the remote control were not applied to banks 1 and 2, is really still an issue that still needs to be solved! Because all banks said "In transmitter" !! Here we really have to investigate again why this is so -

Now I can fly with peace of mind again and that's the main thing!

Best regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2023 21:22:07 
Site Admin

Hello,

with failsafe also bank is changed to a specified one by channel for Bank.

It is always enough to set failsafe with sticks in the middle, especially for rudder. Otherwise model would start to spin during failsafe.

PostPosted: Fri 04. Aug 2023 22:57:44 

Hello Tomas,
failsafe is set in bank0 and all sticks in the middle -

My test was only to do like flying with max, rudder right to test if failsafe will stop the rotation of the rudder and with the test it did in about 5° estimated -

Do you think my test is wrong ? The slider changed not the position in failsafe, only when I moved the heli Idid see that the reaction of the tail is compensated or the rotation of the tail will be stopped -

Best Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sat 05. Aug 2023 6:22:07 
Site Admin

Unfortunately it is wrong.
There is no need to set any angle.
When tail is in headlock mode it will just hold the tail, same as it holds when sticks are in the center.
Giving angle for failsafe mean your tail will rotate.
Using Normal mode for failsafe also does not make good sense.

PostPosted: Sat 05. Aug 2023 8:41:46 

Hello Tomas,
I am afraid you haven't understood me correctly - my failsafe is adjusted as you said, all sticks in middle position it was like that before - I have not set any rotation rate for the rudder in the failsafe mode because it makes absolute no sense because its dangerous -

This was only a test how the rudder with heading hold behaves then in the failsafe mode nothing else -

I think maybe a video would have made more sense, because it can obviously lead to misinterpretations - I'm now 100% sure that the set failsafe is working properly (all sticks in the middle) -

Today, to complete the whole thing, I intentionally set a failsafe with full right rudder, so wrong !
When the failsafe is triggered, the tail shifter now jumps now to full rudder right. If you turn the heli further to the right or left, the rotation remains full right, which is also correct because the failsafe was set incorrectly - so the rotation does not stop -

This proves that my settings, when all sticks are in the middle and the failsafe has been saved, everything works perfectly (as wanted) !

Sometimes I wish I could speak and write Czech fluently, because the language barriers can often lead to misunderstandings - unfortunately I can't - I hope I've cleared up the misunderstandings now -

Best regards
Matthias