It is currently Wed 15. May 2024 19:00:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 03. Aug 2023 18:16:23 

connect a usb extension cable to the laptop and go in geolink settings- info

1)if you raise the helicopter of 1 meter or 2 is read well from the geolink?
altitude (barometer)
altitude (laser) (laser is optional)
??

2)also check if you point your nose north you have 90 degrees in heading

3)if you don't connect the pc for 4 minutes or 5 minutes the blue led of the geolink it is always fixed? (usually a flight lasts 4 or 5 minutes)

4)rescue automatic for gtr and gt .
do not connect the pc and have a friend push the button for activate automatic rescue instantly very quickly raise the model as high as you can (1.50 meters or 2meters)
when you push the button the swashplate goes up and after that you raised the helicopter you need to have command again and the swashplate must come back down (keep the throttle low)

PostPosted: Tue 08. Aug 2023 12:08:16 

Due to very bad weather it took a while to do the tests. The results are very strange:

1) I've tested the altitude with settings for automatic rescue (barometer) and altitude limit (laser) one after another. I lifted the heli from the ground (0 Meter) on a Table (1 Meter), but with Geo-Link laser facing free to the ground without the table between. In both cases, the altitude shown in the settings raised to 0,6 Meter and decreased slowly back to 0 Meter. When I put the heli back to the ground, the altitude shown in the settings was -0,6 Meter and increased slowly to 0 Meter.

2) With nose to north, the heading was 87 degrees.

3) The blue LED was always on with 16 satellites.

4) I did the test with automatic rescue first. The altitude on the ground was 0 Meter. When the rescue was activated, I raised the heli more than 2 Meter. The swashplate moved up first and came down again. How expected. But the altitude shown in the settings stayed at 0 Meter the whole time.

Then I did the test with altitude limit (limit set to 0 Meter). When the limit was activated, I raised the heli more than 2 Meter again. The swashplate moved up first and came down again, as expected. The altitude shown in the settings increased to about 2 Meter, stayed a short while and decreased again to 0 Meter. But the heli was still at 2 Meter.

I remember that the altitude measured by the laser was right before the crash...

PostPosted: Tue 08. Aug 2023 12:24:00 
Site Admin

Hello,

Altitude is automatically resetted when model is still without a movement for a few seconds.
If model is lifting off from the new position it mean that ground is at this new level. For this reason it is resetting and behavior is correct.

PostPosted: Thu 10. Aug 2023 20:18:12 

Tanja wrote:
Due to very bad weather it took a while to do the tests. The results are very strange:

1) I've tested the altitude with settings for automatic rescue (barometer) and altitude limit (laser) one after another. I lifted the heli from the ground (0 Meter) on a Table (1 Meter), but with Geo-Link laser facing free to the ground without the table between. In both cases, the altitude shown in the settings raised to 0,6 Meter and decreased slowly back to 0 Meter. When I put the heli back to the ground, the altitude shown in the settings was -0,6 Meter and increased slowly to 0 Meter.

2) With nose to north, the heading was 87 degrees.

3) The blue LED was always on with 16 satellites.

4) I did the test with automatic rescue first. The altitude on the ground was 0 Meter. When the rescue was activated, I raised the heli more than 2 Meter. The swashplate moved up first and came down again. How expected. But the altitude shown in the settings stayed at 0 Meter the whole time.

Then I did the test with altitude limit (limit set to 0 Meter). When the limit was activated, I raised the heli more than 2 Meter again. The swashplate moved up first and came down again, as expected. The altitude shown in the settings increased to about 2 Meter, stayed a short while and decreased again to 0 Meter. But the heli was still at 2 Meter.

I remember that the altitude measured by the laser was right before the crash...

my barometer measurement is perfect if he doesn't read the barometer correctly do not use altitude limit geolink.
barometer tests you can also make them at home.
zexx Have you ever thought about using a spray to protect against moisture etc?
Tania if the barometer does not read correctly send geolink to to zexx86

PostPosted: Thu 10. Aug 2023 20:31:36 

Thank you. The issue with the barometer altitude is cleared. It's normal, that the altitude returns to zero if the heli doesn't move for a while.

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 17:05:01 

Yesterday I tried it with the automatic rescue, altitude limit in Geolink deactivated. When I activated the automatic rescue, the heli ascended short as expected. I dropped the heli under altitude limit again and the heli ascended many seconds without stopping. I had to turn off the automatic rescue to regain full control. What could be the reason for this?

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 17:44:24 

happened to me too with 500
how you set it up spirit 60% it is too high in number
try another number type 50% or similar in
rescue collective pitch.

first put the pitch gauge on the blade and active rescue, look how many degrees you have and after decrease rescue collective pitch and you will see that you will have less degrees.
and the model it will rise less.
test it on the bench just for a few seconds because after that you keep on rescue automatic and the model is stopped on the table the swashplate it starts going up and down but you have a few seconds to see how much it rises

PostPosted: Sat 12. Aug 2023 21:10:24 
Site Admin

Tanja wrote:
Yesterday I tried it with the automatic rescue, altitude limit in Geolink deactivated. When I activated the automatic rescue, the heli ascended short as expected. I dropped the heli under altitude limit again and the heli ascended many seconds without stopping. I had to turn off the automatic rescue to regain full control. What could be the reason for this?

Reason could be too low Rescue collective pitch or wrong neutral servo settings.
When you enable Subtrim (tuning) menu you have to get 0° between main blades too.

PostPosted: Wed 16. Aug 2023 15:51:04 

Servos, subtrim and Blades are set perfectly. The heli is very stable, no movements and the other functions (stabilization, return to home, altitude and position hold) are working as they should. The rescue pitch is 70% of max. 12,5 Degrees.

PostPosted: Wed 16. Aug 2023 18:49:25 

Tanja wrote:
Servos, subtrim and Blades are set perfectly. The heli is very stable, no movements and the other functions (stabilization, return to home, altitude and position hold) are working as they should. The rescue pitch is 70% of max. 12,5 Degrees.

is normal 70% of rescue it is too high in value.
start at 60% and see how it behaves.
the helicopter takes off about 3 or 4 degrees.
for example on my trex 500 i set 55% rescue collective pitch
in a 600 60% rescue collective pitch
the models from 500 and below start at 60% and see if it serves lower (60% 58% 56% ecc)
the models from 550 onwards start at 60% and see if it serves get up (60% 62% ecc)
every model is different
or put the helicopter on the table activate the rescue and check how many degrees with digital pitch gauge .
but trying in the air is better on the table is only a starting point.
depends on the rpm, model weight etc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next