It is currently Fri 10. May 2024 14:29:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 17. Jul 2023 15:05:39 

In the channel setup I am using channel 8 in two instances, one to enable Position Hold and the other to enable Altitude Hold.

Would there be a problem with doing it this way? Should I use 2 separate channels to enable each function?

Wondering if this is why I can't get these two functions to hold properly with the Geolink 2 Module added to my Spirit 2 in a OMP M4 Helicopter?

My helicopter holds position better in Coaxial Mode then it does using the Geolink 2:(

So far no one has been able to help me out with this issue!!!

Last edited by MichaelT1960 on Wed 19. Jul 2023 17:52:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jul 2023 17:50:44 

OK so I was told via private message that this is not a problem if anyone is wondering (at least for this channel and those functions).

I still am waiting for some kind of update that will hopefully correct position and altitude hold to work like it is advertised!

I just don't think these guys are putting enough time and effort into the Geolink 2:(

Maybe the next update it will work better (helicopter stays in its place and doesn't change altitude, with a clear collective stick dead zone)!

We can always hope:)

Michael

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jul 2023 17:56:02 
Site Admin

We are spending 6 years with development of GeoLink modules :) And there is no other product that can work on all helicopters, similarly as GeoLink, including nitro and gasser models and offer all the features, even at airplanes.

Probably you have still not watched how it works for other pilots. Even the first version was working as advertised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phgAVLn ... lRichterRC

Each update is improving GeoLink functions, however even few years ago it was working correctly if your model was configured well.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jul 2023 21:26:29 

MichaelT1960 wrote:

I still am waiting for some kind of update that will hopefully correct position and altitude hold to work like it is advertised!
I just don't think these guys are putting enough time and effort into the Geolink 2:(

My Geolink works out of the box as advertised.
Due to a perceived error in a Spirit 2 function, I did a recalibration at the airfield. After that the geolink was still working very well and the other error was gone.

PostPosted: Wed 02. Aug 2023 3:10:10 

Well I had some good luck with the Geolink 2 tonight:)

Noticed that as I traveled from the takeoff area the helicopter had some severe trim offset, especially when 90 degrees or more of a rotation. Had to hold full cyclic just to keep it
in place.

I went inside and checked the compass and it was way off for some reason. Manually calibrated it from google maps in my house and things seemed much better.

Anyway I was able to go up around 30 to 40 feet with my hands off the sticks and it stayed there nice (at least 5 minutes)! Tweaked the H and V gain slightly more and hope to be out again tomorrow night. It can only get better at the local flying field...

I wish in this mode that the collective at half stick would be the hovering point (hold at a continuous altitude), but I found out it was much higher to keep it in one spot. Can't have everything.

So both position and altitude hold were doing a nice job tonight for me, but altitude hold still needs a lot of work. Just doesn't keep it there:( Goes up and down, sometimes more and sometimes less. Still constantly playing with the vertical gain which is a pain. Expected more from the Geolink 2:(

Michael