It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 20:10:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 16. Aug 2023 8:24:11 

i with jeti ds12 and spirit gtr and rs I can see telemetry of many parameters without connecting any wires
height helicopter
rpm
vibration
tension bec
gps lat
gps long
rssi
and other which I don't remember
I didn't connect anything while for the esc i can't see anything I should mount a wire but I never cared.
I have spirit with integrated receiver sure telemetry will be integrated in the receiver

PostPosted: Wed 16. Aug 2023 13:14:33 
Site Admin

It seems you have found problem of missing telemetry variables according HeliFreak, am I right?

Problem with current/capacity measurement precision is only that with your model current is too low.
You are using ESC with way too high current rating. For current sensor that is builtin it is simply too low for a proper measurement.
In other words the ESC will measure current likely quite precisely but on a model where current is noticeable higher during hovering.
The lowest measuring sensitivity is more or less at the point where your current is at the moment. Under certain current the ESC will output there is zero load.
So solution is to get ESC with lower rating or ESC that has more precise sensor such as Kontronik Kosmik or YGE or something like MUI sensor.

PostPosted: Thu 17. Aug 2023 6:16:56 

I may swap my Kontronik Kosmik 200A and the Hobbywing Platinum 160A, as I trust the Kontronik far more and already have reliable capacity telemetry on the Chronos 3-blade with the Kosmik.
Andy

PostPosted: Sun 20. Aug 2023 8:57:41 

Hi ZeXx86,
Yes, I am getting some telemetry now.
After increasing the Capacity gain to 300% (maximum?), I got a capacity used figure of 1841mAh for a 7 minute flight testing GPS position hold.
So far, first battery of 2 in series, I have replaced 2250mAh and I suspect the second battery in series will be close to this.
The flight sCurrent usage suggested an average of about 20 to 25A for this flight, which is believable for the flight type, especially in comparison with the Chronos 3-blade and Kosmik equivalent of mine.
I understand that with the Hobbywing Platinum 160A V4 that this current draw is very low compared with the 160A available, so appreciate the inefficient telemetry statement for Capacity for this ESC. It is not a deal breaker as other information is far more important, such as receiver voltage and current (supplied by Jeti) and flight pack voltage.
However, is there any way that the 300% gain can be tweaked a little bit more?
Andy