It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 0:56:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 17. Jun 2023 0:59:23 

I was out flying my M4 today and when I hit "Altitude Limit(s?)" my helicopter just climbed most likely to the upper limit set!

I had both lower and upper set in the V3.5 Software for the V2 Geolink.

Anyone know why this is happening? I expected a window of about 10' to 150'. It said the Altitude limit was active.

Thanks, Michael

Attachments:
Alt Lim.jpg
Alt Lim.jpg [ 134.17 KiB | Viewed 248 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 19. Jun 2023 3:08:33 

You can't tell me that nobody can help me with what I am doing wrong?

I have a min and max set but when I engage it - it jumps climbs (most likely to max set altitude)?

HELP PLEASE???

PostPosted: Mon 19. Jun 2023 7:51:30 
Site Admin

Hello,

please send you settings file. Without it I can only guess.

PostPosted: Mon 19. Jun 2023 14:16:35 

Just a guess:
How long did it climb? I had the same trying it for the first time and didn't expect the heli to climb and switched it off immediately and thought I did smth terrible wrong :-) . I then learned that this is how it works

PostPosted: Mon 19. Jun 2023 17:41:36 

My guess is that it would climb until it reached the max altitude but I didn't want it to go that high and never tested that.

Does your software have a min and max box to set? The old version only has the max and I can no longer find the Geolink V2 manual online!

Also I have to look at a setting when I get home from work. I may be on the opposite side of the channel where the setting is adjustable.

Can you provide a screen shot of your setup window when it is enabled by the transmitter?

Thank you for your help! Michael

PostPosted: Tue 20. Jun 2023 19:10:15 
Site Admin

Hello,

I examined your settings.
Overall it looks good. But I recommend to turn off Banks first, at least for now.
I am not sure if they are really needed, but some settings can be tripled and not behave as you think.
It seems as if you are using banks for different features. But this is not needed.

In order to make Position Hold and similar function precise, please see this:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... tion_drift

When Altitude Limit is engaged, first it will always ascend for 1.5 second. This is correct behavior. After this, you can fly normally. Have you tried to wait 1.5 second?

PostPosted: Wed 21. Jun 2023 2:49:39 

ZeXx86,

Thinking about what you said and you are right - there is no need for the Banks.
My condition switching on my TX can change my throttle and pitch curves by itself, along with tail gyro gain settings if need be.

I will give it a try along with your other suggestions and tips.

Can you tell me what the default correction gain settings are for the Geolink 2 for Pos and ALT Hold?

Thank you for looking at my file, I will let you know how I make out.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue 27. Jun 2023 9:06:50 

????? " When Altitude Limit is engaged, first it will always ascend for 1.5 second. This is correct behavior.""

Thomas can you please clear this out, because as the manual write the execute of the function is;

If the altitude are setup in the software 1.3.2 On (2) - Fixed Hard Deck altitude
When On (2) is displayed it mean that Hard Deck altitude is programmed from the channel value itself. It is calculated based on the range -1% to -100% where -1% is used for the lowest altitude and -100% for the highest altitude that is nearly equal to altitude specified for Maximum parameter. As soon as you will enable mode On (2) you will also see exact hard deck altitude in the Aid Tab from GeoLink window. This will tell you in which altitude rescue will be performed. If you want to set the Hard Deck to be same each time as with older firmware version such as 3.4.1 then you are looking for this mode. Hard Deck altitude can be changed anytime if you will modify channel value, I know this is change it in SW 3.5 to meter values! And the Heli never confirms with going up for 1.5 second.

If the altitude is setup 1.3.1 On (1) - Variable Hard Deck altitude, also memorize the actual Flying altitude, than yes the Heli confirms it with going up for 1.5 Second.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

I examined your settings.
Overall it looks good. But I recommend to turn off Banks first, at least for now.
I am not sure if they are really needed, but some settings can be tripled and not behave as you think.
It seems as if you are using banks for different features. But this is not needed.

In order to make Position Hold and similar function precise, please see this:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... tion_drift

When Altitude Limit is engaged, first it will always ascend for 1.5 second. This is correct behavior. After this, you can fly normally. Have you tried to wait 1.5 second?