It is currently Tue 07. May 2024 19:34:23

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 26. Jun 2023 20:23:03 

Hi

I have an Spirit GT sadly I crashed the Heli (frontal) the mechanics was completely destroyed but the electrical devices survived. So I installed these devices in a new helicopter. It still flys but I have a strong problem of bouncing after roll or nick inputs. I tried different settings but nothing changed this behaviour. So I connected the Spirit to the PC and noticed some weird behaviours.

1. The input for the Aileron was showing 1% and sometimes it jumped to -0% to 0%. Same remote has with an other Spirit GT solid 0%.

2. The counter for how often I powered up the Spirit shows randomly counts. I have round about 200 flights with this unit and a two days ago it showed 35 today 6.

3. The logging resets sometimes. I activated the logging. was wondering why it was off. Two flights later it was off again and no logs.

Im scared to use the Unit again. Is it possible that the unit got damaged during the crash? the outside looks fine.

What should I do?

PostPosted: Mon 26. Jun 2023 20:31:06 
Site Admin

Hi,

1. This is related to your receiver and used protocol and model settings in the radio profile. 1% difference does not signaling anything wrong in any case. But certainly it should work identically if you will swap units and feed them with very same receiver and protocol and radio configuration.
2. It could happen depending on BEC or used buffer pack. If voltage curve is very unusual log can be corrupted exactly at the moment when it is powering down.
3. The same as for point 2.

We basically have no cases when unit was damaged after a crash. So it it is not likely. But it cant never by excluded after any crash, same apply for each electronic or component. But this kind of behavior is rather not indicating it is damaged by crash.

The easiest thing to do is to swap the units and their settings. Then you will see immediately if there is some difference.

PostPosted: Mon 26. Jun 2023 20:51:56 

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

The BEC voltage was always very stable and I use an ISII 50F Buffer.

I just wonder because I don't have any of this problems with my second helicopter also with an Spirit GT of course same remote.

I think I have to deinstall it and test the other one with this Heli.

In case there is something wrong with this Unit is it possible to repair?

PostPosted: Mon 26. Jun 2023 20:56:38 
Site Admin

Certainly it can be fixed.
Such strange things are sometimes because of Bufferpacks. Not all ESCs and electronics like it. The problem is not stable voltage, but too slow rampup and falling of the voltage during power up and power down.
This could be responsible for 1., 2. and 3.

But you should see difference immediately after disconnecting buffer pack.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Jun 2023 1:30:56 

Is there any buffer that doesn’t cause this problems?

PostPosted: Tue 27. Jun 2023 8:59:04 
Site Admin

This depends on your ESC. You have to ask ESC manufacturer which one works the best with your ESC/BEC.
Bigger buffer pack will cause always bigger potential problems. Some ESC could even burn because of this. It is identical as loading with very high current from the beginning.
Some more clever buffer packs could charge itself slowly and will not cause these problems.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Jun 2023 11:59:16 

I have an YGE Saphir 125 esc and the buffer charges with 1A. Yge says that this esc works fine with an buffer.