It is currently Mon 20. May 2024 3:38:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 11. Jun 2023 7:33:26 

franz88 wrote:
listen me please
0 it's right for models with 2 blades but with the 4 blades it's wrong.
reset any changes you made
set cyclic phase 10 and try.
if that's not enough set cyclic phase 20.

i set helicopter EVERY DAY all my friends they come to me to set up their helicopters.
I have just one doubt is is 10 or -10

listen to me carefully
move the radio stick of the aileron To the right
and now the highest point of the swashplate is indicated by the red line
Attachment:
mpo.jpg

Hi frank.

well.. i was told i have to change my cyclic phase 45degree. i tried that.. i almost crashed my heli, cuz all my controlls are rotated 45 degree avway from what would be normal.

when i have cyclic at -0- my front is front left left and so on.. with ANY other settingaway from zero, my controls are more sideways if that makes sens?

so if you want me to rotate the phase so my highest point is at the blue line i need to go +45 degree ccw.

then im back to where i started. if i want to go STRAIHGT FORWARD, heli flies at a 45degre LEFT angle

so 10 or 20 degree cyclic phase will just be out of center for what i allready have.
if that is wrong, where should i start looking or problem? all mechanis are set up correctly according to my other helis and what everyone else has told me to do..

just so youre aware the size of heli is a 1:7 with 1.8m rotordiam.. many are using 4 servos for cyclic, i only have 3. could that be a reason?

we moving parameter cyclic phase we have to make sure that the highest point of the swashplate be moved on the blue line (in the direction of the yellow arrow)
that's all
it's easy
we have to move the position of the cyclic, start with 10 and if needed we get to 20.
you just have to understand if set 10 or -10
only this parameter and your helicopter it will fly well.
but reset all the changes you made otherwise they may interfere.

PostPosted: Sun 11. Jun 2023 7:46:45 

but i also wonder something more.. you said to delete everything and the make new profile? i have heard that once before.. but why? there is alot to set up why shouldOVERWRITED settings actually matter or interfere with new settings?

so you mean to basicly hit the back to default button and start over? with the same settings i have?

PostPosted: Sun 11. Jun 2023 14:27:46 

all people that use the 4 blades they move the cyclical phase.
or in that mode it means you don't have swashplate 120°
or move cyclic phase or move type swasplate.
but before you do anything you have set the collective pitch to reverse?
do not reset
I meant to put the gain (that you said you moved) back as it was before.
This model has positive pitch reversed.
and in this case the cyclic command it works if you are late cyclic of 45°(in model helicopter with 2 blades) but you not have delay cyclic 45° but much less(why is model 4 blades), these 4 blade what model helicopter are they on?Just look at that model helicopter how many degrees of delay cyclic have.
Place a 2-blade model next to it and study the movements of the blades, you have to replicate the same movements when you move the same stick
PS
when you move cyclic phase and you arrive at 90° the aileron command and elevator command they reverse.
You moved cyclic phase very much and you reversed cyclic command of 45° and you crashed.
I can help you but you have to listen to me.
Now do you want to fix the model or not?
start by attaching your setup file spirit.
And remember than on servants you have leverage that they can move the distance between one servo and another.
you need to measure 120 degrees from the linkage and not by the servant, maybe it's not 120 degrees.
But let's go step by step
1)let's start attaching the spirit settings file
2)measure with a goniometer the distance between a servo link to another servo linkage
3)if you move cyclic phase if you use a positive sign the highest point of the swashplate moves in the direction of the nose of the helicopter or in the direction of the tail of the helicopter?
do these 3 things
but just compare the movements of this model at 4 blades with model at 2 blades and in a second you understand the problem.
I don't have 4 blades but the physics of helicopters it is universal, study the actions of the two models compared (2 blades and 4 blades)and you will understand the problem

PostPosted: Sat 17. Jun 2023 19:19:06 

franz88 wrote:
all people that use the 4 blades they move the cyclical phase.
or in that mode it means you don't have swashplate 120°
or move cyclic phase or move type swasplate.
but before you do anything you have set the collective pitch to reverse?
do not reset
I meant to put the gain (that you said you moved) back as it was before.
This model has positive pitch reversed.
and in this case the cyclic command it works if you are late cyclic of 45°(in model helicopter with 2 blades) but you not have delay cyclic 45° but much less(why is model 4 blades), these 4 blade what model helicopter are they on?Just look at that model helicopter how many degrees of delay cyclic have.
Place a 2-blade model next to it and study the movements of the blades, you have to replicate the same movements when you move the same stick
PS
when you move cyclic phase and you arrive at 90° the aileron command and elevator command they reverse.
You moved cyclic phase very much and you reversed cyclic command of 45° and you crashed.
I can help you but you have to listen to me.
Now do you want to fix the model or not?
start by attaching your setup file spirit.
And remember than on servants you have leverage that they can move the distance between one servo and another.
you need to measure 120 degrees from the linkage and not by the servant, maybe it's not 120 degrees.
But let's go step by step
1)let's start attaching the spirit settings file
2)measure with a goniometer the distance between a servo link to another servo linkage
3)if you move cyclic phase if you use a positive sign the highest point of the swashplate moves in the direction of the nose of the helicopter or in the direction of the tail of the helicopter?
do these 3 things
but just compare the movements of this model at 4 blades with model at 2 blades and in a second you understand the problem.
I don't have 4 blades but the physics of helicopters it is universal, study the actions of the two models compared (2 blades and 4 blades)and you will understand the problem

Didnt find out what the problemwas. But i swapped to 2 blade rotorhead and the heli flew like on autopilote. Hovers perfectly!

I might think my 4blades were to big.. but still not sure why it was so hard to fly with.

2 blade i could let go of the remote and it hovers perfectly