It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:06:29

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2023 1:47:22 

I have a new Spirit 2 and Geolink V2 mounted in a OMP M4. The helicopter works fine in Normal flight Mode (hovering).

Switch pos 2: Idle up from normal / Bank 1/ Pos and Alt Hold
Switch pos 3: Idle up for 3d (I am a beginner) / Bank 2, with rescue using and AND with another channel switch position.

I know the manual says to make sure you test the Altitude Hold and Position Hold first with some altitude.
When I engage both of these in idle up with a constant head speed the helicopter does not want to lift off, and seems to veer to the right somewhat.
When I did get it to gain altitude it wasn't very stable and I couldn't find the altitude hold spot on the stick.

Does this feature have to be engaged with altitude first for it to work? Any ideas what am I doing wrong??

I have not brought the heli to the flying field yet to bring it up and test the Geolink, I need to get a laptop first for tuning.

When Geolink does work correctly how well does it hold the heli in place both altitude and position?

Currently I am not using the Governor Mode in the Spirit 2. My ESC is handling that.

Please see attached pictures.

Michael

Attachments:
Rec Channel Map.jpg
Rec Channel Map.jpg [ 97.23 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]
Diagnostic.jpg
Diagnostic.jpg [ 109 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]
General.jpg
General.jpg [ 82.02 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 12. Jun 2023 20:29:54 

Geolink is working but doesn't really do that great of a job holding my M4 in place!
I though this unit was supposed to be much better than the Fly Wing H1???

It seems to jump around too much (correcting too many times?)! My correctional gains are at around 70 to 75.
What happens if the gains are too low vs too high?

Yesterday I had an instance when it jumped up around 8 feet.

Also hard to find the spot where it will just stay in one place. Shouldn't that be at half stick?

Thanks, Michael

PostPosted: Fri 30. Jun 2023 15:53:32 

Lower the gains 10% at a time and retry.

Too high gains will cause oscillation up/down or left/right.

Too low gains and it will drift, or not hold steady at all.

PostPosted: Mon 10. Jul 2023 22:01:18 

MichaelT1960 wrote:
I have a new Spirit 2 and Geolink V2 mounted in a OMP M4. The helicopter works fine in Normal flight Mode (hovering).

Switch pos 2: Idle up from normal / Bank 1/ Pos and Alt Hold
Switch pos 3: Idle up for 3d (I am a beginner) / Bank 2, with rescue using and AND with another channel switch position.

I know the manual says to make sure you test the Altitude Hold and Position Hold first with some altitude.
When I engage both of these in idle up with a constant head speed the helicopter does not want to lift off, and seems to veer to the right somewhat.
When I did get it to gain altitude it wasn't very stable and I couldn't find the altitude hold spot on the stick.
Does this feature have to be engaged with altitude first for it to work? Any ideas what am I doing wrong??
I have not brought the heli to the flying field yet to bring it up and test the Geolink, I need to get a laptop first for tuning.
When Geolink does work correctly how well does it hold the heli in place both altitude and position?

Hi Michael
My GeoLink is working good in my Tron 5.8.

You've assigned 2 functions to the same channel. This may be the reason of malefunction. "Altitude hold" has two states of working depending on the programmed value: -100% and +100%. At -100% the pitch control is by the system without any exeption.

Is it right that you've combined GeoLink functions to the different flight modes permantly active? In my personal opinion, it would be better to separate this. In case of malefunction you can switch off and land normaly. Sometimes electronics don't make what you expect.
Bye, Thomas

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jul 2023 2:30:14 

Hi Thomas,

I sent my setup file to Tomas (I believe) and he said everything looked fine, but suggested there was no reason
to use the Banks at that time. I disabled the BANK function on Channel 7.

I am still having problems with the Alt and Pos Hold keeping the helicopter in one place, and he said there will be an update with the next week or two that should fix these problems and also have much better accuracy. It should be out very soon now.

When I turned my helicopter 90 degrees out it's position would change by 15 feet or more. I aligned everything like he asked....

The Geolink 2 with it's own processor should work flawlessly. Much better then my Hobby Wing H1, yet it does not. Don't get me wrong the
Spirit 2 works great, just not the Geolink 2.

Thank you for your help!

Michael

PostPosted: Tue 11. Jul 2023 9:46:13 
Site Admin

Hello,

the update should improve accuracy on some models when doing pirouettes - changing direction with sticks.
But other areas will remain same. This will help especially on models that have not precise servo settings or have imprecisions on rotor head.
On the other hand if your model is in good condition and settings is really correct, then it will work correctly also now.