It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 23:48:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2023 3:53:48 

What is the current recommended setup receiver wise for the GT with a Spektrum radio?

Model will be 700 size
I’ll be buying everything new.

Should I buy AR8020T full size receiver, and a satellite like SPM9746

Or

Is 4651T & SPM9746 enough?

I want to run the geolink as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2023 4:52:29 

https://www.spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4995&hilit=AR8020T
various Spektrum satellites and combinations have already been discussed here

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2023 14:06:16 

I read the entire thread.

The thread is mostly about a firmware bug related to Srxl2 satellite. It’s once mentioned having a full size receiver is what Spektrum prefers. It was also mentioned that it is not recommended to use two satellite ports but spirit has them because people want and expect them. I also read Spektrum suggested that a full size receiver won’t send channel dlaignal over SRXL2 but then a response says yes it does?

I want to know what the best current option is for a full carbon fiber helicopter (canopy included).

The SAB Kraken comes with antenna mounts. These are required for optimal signal quality. So I know receivers without them are not an option.

I have seen many go with dual satellites regardless. But if buying a full size receiver is BETTER for signal strength and reliability then I don’t care. I will do that.

I only don’t want to do that if there is no benefit. It costs more and adds more complexity.

So what is truly the best for signal quality? I’m brand new to this hobby. Less than 1 year. I appreciate the help and apologies for not having the deepest understanding of the technology behind the components.

For what it’s worth - all of my helicopters I have currently use one single satellite or are Spektrum BNF. I have built and rebuilt multiple models (230S, 470L, ALZRC 380) and setup multiple FBL (BeastX and Ikon and clones) but now I want to build an SAB. I want to use the best components for radio to eliminate any anxiety around signal interference and have chosen the Spirit GT due to its ability to use the Geolink to automatically hover in place when releasing the sticks. I can fly “okay” in the simulator but I become nervous when flying my models and crash due to stupid mistakes. Simply just knowing I can release the sticks and hover will likely fix my anxiety. Even if I don’t have to use it.

Update: this thread here [SOLVED] Spektrum SRXL2
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

The above thread mentions if you want to use Geolink and a satellite you must have a full receiver.

It mentions you can buy AR6610T as it will give more channels when operating via SRXL2. However, for $10 more you can get AR8020T which provides 8 channels. In the event I want to use it for a different model in the future, without SRXL2 (maybe a large fixed wing aircraft), I will purchase the 8020.

For a satellite, I must use an antenna. Trying to figure out if I can us AR8020T via SRXL2 and an 4651T via SAT1/SAT2 port or does the satellite need plugged into the AR8020T?

Edit: the thread I linked also answers that question. Plug 4651T into AR receiver.