It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 21:26:42

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 9:38:06 

not sure if we are talking about the same thing but im flying helis with FPV and for me to get that "free feel" of the heli like my drone i basicly switch off my stabi mode.

i have one switch for STABI SCALE (selected by switch)

and when i turn off that im totally on my own and you cn do what ever you want to the heli without it trying to correct

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 12:15:06 

Thank you all,
I will play a little with the settings in one bank and will let you know when I have some results…

Best regards
Chris

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2023 6:36:31 

Rdlx3m wrote:
not sure if we are talking about the same thing but im flying helis with FPV and for me to get that "free feel" of the heli like my drone i basicly switch off my stabi mode.

and when i turn off that im totally on my own and you cn do what ever you want to the heli without it trying to correct

I'm not sure if there is a misunderstanding. You are talking about drones and stabilization. So we are talking Angle or Acro mode in FPV terms? I guess you don't want to disable the FBL ! What you want is Stab on/off so you want to disable self levelling ?

PostPosted: Mon 05. Jun 2023 17:20:49 

Hi Rdlx3m,

no, I think we are not talking about the same.
I would like to do slope landings...
https://youtu.be/BDDu3lDsH-o

and one-skid-in-contact-hover manoeuvres...
https://youtu.be/FEXyK79Agc0

(sorry, I have not found examples with rc helicopters)

I was doing these things in the past with old-fashioned flybar heads and flybarless multiblade heads (though I must admit that the head/rotorblade combinations were less rigid). After a long break I will now re-enter rc helicopter flying and would like to do these things again. But I want to go for the Spirit FBL system due to other features.

Since I was somehow overtaken by the new technologies there are a lot of things to learn for me and as far as I understand in the normal mode (rigid mode or whatever it is called) a cyclic input means a certain roll-rate around the cyclic axes. This would not work (in my opinion) for the slope landings as in both examples with non-electronically-regulated heads you have to push the cyclic stick in the direction of the slope or contact side while reducing collective. As the FBL will interpret this as a desired roll-rate it will increase the angle of the swashplate by itself and you will have to reduce the cyclic input then and so the pilot will constantly work against the FBL system or vice-versa.

For the stabilisation mode I do not know how it works. Does a cyclic input mean a certain attitude angle or does it mean a certain horizontal shifting speed? Whatever, both would also not work.

The only solutions, in my current understanding of the FBL systems, would be:
1. no stabilisation at all
2. a stabilisation mode where the cyclic stick input is related to an angle of the swashplate (not the helicopter) and the electronic system works only as a damping system for other induced movements (similar to the old tail gyros).

But I only would like to have this mode on one of the banks and I hope that this will be possible with the Spirit system and that somebody can give me a hint on how.

Best regards
Chris

PostPosted: Tue 06. Jun 2023 7:02:31 

jasc wrote:
Rdlx3m wrote:

I'm not sure if there is a misunderstanding. You are talking about drones and stabilization. So we are talking Angle or Acro mode in FPV terms? I guess you don't want to disable the FBL ! What you want is Stab on/off so you want to disable self levelling ?

Yes youre correct. Angle in this case would be the stabi function as for example stabi scale, but while im in the air i turn off any stabi functions and fly fully on my own. Thats the only way i can have the free way of flying. Or else im limited. Cant do flips or rolls or things like that

PostPosted: Tue 06. Jun 2023 12:05:37 

Rdlx3m wrote:
Yes youre correct. Angle in this case would be the stabi function as for example stabi scale, but while im in the air i turn off any stabi functions and fly fully on my own. Thats the only way i can have the free way of flying. Or else im limited. Cant do flips or rolls or things like that

That‘s interesting. If you switch the STABI mode off are your horizontal axes completely uncontrolled then and the drone drifts in any direction if you let the cyclic stick off?
What are your settings for this?

Best regards
Chris

PostPosted: Tue 06. Jun 2023 14:20:13 

Rdlx3m wrote:
jasc wrote:
Rdlx3m wrote:

Old helis had the stabilizer bar to help you controll this thing. Without you need a FBL... Or you got some really good reflexes :-D
Here is written what you need:
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... #STABI_TAB
If you want to fly "normally" dont activate anything here.