It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 19:29:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Spirit Setup
PostPosted: Mon 08. May 2023 23:46:17 

I am setting up my Spirit (original version). It has the latest firmware.

When I set this unit up before on another heli some time back I could not get it to 6 degrees during the wizard setup.

Not I am setting it up on another heli and have the same issue. I can get 0 degrees fine but when I go to the next step of 6 degrees it is always off far enough that I can't get it there with the adjustment range provided.

I must be missing something. I have gone thru the wizard at least 6 times. Always the same result. I have had this issue prior to this and just set it as close as I could but I would like to do this correctly.

I saw something somewhere about the ball link balls needing to be moved in farther on the control arm of the servo. That doesn't make sense to me but that cure is out there.

Anyone been thru this?

Post subject: Re: Spirit Setup
PostPosted: Tue 09. May 2023 7:02:46 

I'm going to quote Thomas here:
1. Enable Servos / Subtrim (tuning)
2. At this point all servo arms must be in the center of their travel range. As close as possible - any visible deflection is not correct.
3. At the same time swashplate must be perfectly level - you can check it really precisely only with Cyclic Leveler tool.
4. At the same time there must be 0° between main blades. You can fold ends of the main blades so they are near each other. They must be at the same height wherever you will rotate with main shaft.
5. Only after checking that all 3 are correct, verify that Geometry 6° parameter is configured precisely.

PostPosted: Tue 09. May 2023 7:51:17 

^^^this.

and if the numbers are far too low/high for 6° you'll have to play with servo arm lenght. shorter to get higher numbers - longer to get lower numbers. what heli/servos is it? maybe you could provide a photo showing servos/swashplate/head.

PostPosted: Wed 10. May 2023 7:18:30 

you go in limits - cyclic rings (tuning) and from here you can adjust the maximum cyclic. (usually 8 or 10 degrees)

limits -collective pitch when you raise and lower the stick of the picth is the range of the collective picth (in both directions) (+12 degrees and -12 degrees)
in servo - servo travel corrections you can improve the range of the collective pitch, I use this to have perfection

and now you will see that in advanced- geometry tuning you'll get 6 degrees.

Always remember move the aileron and elevator swash all the movement at a minimum stick, at center stick, at maximum stick of the pitch.
never have mechanical impediments of the:
swhashplate
servo
linkage servo
bracket of the head rotor

REMEMBER
in cyclic ring tuning there is one number in degrees, that number must be equal to the maximum cyclic or as similar as possible.
The cyclic it's 10 degrees (Usually)
and geometry 6 degrees it's another thing not to be confused, me at the beginning I understood that I had to give 6 degrees of cyclic but is not so
THE CYCLIC IT'S A THING
GEOMETRY IT'S ANOTHER THING

PostPosted: Sun 21. May 2023 1:21:42 

:lol: Happy to say it was me. I watched a video on YouTube on setting it up by Simon Kuskye and that did the trick. I must have not unchecked boxs during setup I guess. Anyway, I have it working well now. Thanks Simon

All set up and test flown in my typical crappy RC Heli Style!

Thank God for Stabi Mode!