It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:47:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 12:52:48 
Site Admin

New Lua scripts are available here:
https://spirit-system.com/dl/ethos/spir ... -3.5.0.zip

Thank you for your patience!

Throttle/Governor menu was added along with additional fixes.
Within few days there will be also Log Viewer and Channel Layout configuration available.

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 13:12:32 

Many thanks for your commitment, I will certainly test the script today and thank you for the two add-ons, log viewer and channel Layout configuration, which will be added soon!

Regards

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 19:57:22 

It is still not possible to set collective pitch range for bank1 and bank2

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 20:07:28 

Hello, I tested the new script for ETHOS today - First I tested the test with FPort with and without redundancy receiver - Result for FPort both Archer RS alone and in combination with redundancy receiver with the Archer R8 Pro works stable and flawlessly, it you can branch into all points and make changes, after one setting you can easily go to another point and change other points - at the end you can either leave the script without changes or save the changed settings, it works perfectly! Here I noticed two points that should still be changed - on the one hand, the displayed rudder gain does not match the setting in the remote control, a gain of 60% is always displayed, regardless of what the transmitter specifies - it has to be in any case still to be corrected - another thing is also not correct yet, namely under the point Stabili under the point Rescue-Duration 30 instead of 3 seconds is displayed, that should also be corrected - but as I said everything else is perfect!

After that I switched my FBL back to FBus and adjusted everything again (without subtrimming) so that all displays were calibrated to 100 again, of course I had to restart the FBL, re-enter missing functions with the corresponding channels and delete all telemetry sensors and start again - After that I had to set up the telemetry screens in my remote control again - After I had tested all the functions and everything was fine, it was time to test the new script for the FBUS protocol - Unfortunately I wasn't very happy - after everything seemed to be active (not grayed out) when the script was started, but as soon as any sub-item was selected and you were in it, all values were grayed out, nothing could be changed, no matter whether the Archer RS was set alone on FBUS nor the Archer R8 Pro alone, still combined as a redundancy system, the behavior was always the same. At first everything seemed ok, but if you switched to a sub-item, nothing could be changed there (greyed out or provided with a question mark) - if you went up one level again (entry), the bank, which was white before, was also grayed out, so it could not be changed, there was also no query as to whether changes should be saved, but it was terminated "without comment" - I tried to create photos that reflect the behavior so that you can imagine it - I am attaching the photos in the same order - unfortunately that has new script did not lead to the hoped-for result for FBus, which I find quite a pity - I switch back to FPort to be able to use the script at all, because without integration a whole piece of comfort for "on the field settings" is missing - I don't know what could be causing this, I only know that this is quite frustrating - maybe the developer at Spirit has another idea what it could be...

Best regards

PS. I am attaching photos of the integration with FBus and look yourself...

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 21:28:29 

Hello,
here are the pics, as announced:
Attachment:
10_DSC_0082.JPG
10_DSC_0082.JPG [ 512.64 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

Attachment:
09_DSC_0083.JPG
09_DSC_0083.JPG [ 516.79 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

Attachment:
08_DSC_0084.JPG
08_DSC_0084.JPG [ 487.25 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

to be continued...

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 21:32:44 

here more:
Attachment:
06_DSC_0086.JPG
06_DSC_0086.JPG [ 475.78 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

Attachment:
07_DSC_0085.JPG
07_DSC_0085.JPG [ 488.47 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

Attachment:
05_DSC_0087.JPG
05_DSC_0087.JPG [ 484.92 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

PostPosted: Fri 02. Jun 2023 21:37:31 

here more:
Attachment:
04_DSC_0088.JPG
04_DSC_0088.JPG [ 468.82 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

In the last two pictures, you can see quite a drift in the altitude, that's a bit strange, isn't it?
The heli was on the workbench the whole time...

Attachment:
01_DSC_0092.JPG
01_DSC_0092.JPG [ 436.23 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

Attachment:
03_DSC_0089.JPG
03_DSC_0089.JPG [ 485.09 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 8:34:40 
Site Admin

Thank you for your message.
Interestingly we can't replicate with our radio and FBus.
Do you have some sensors connected to the receiver?

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 9:13:37 

Hello,
no, there are no additional sensors connected, its all standard connection as described in Spirit Manual-

I have on my Specter 700 V2 NME the Spirit GT with the current firmware 3.50

My Horus X10S Express has the Ethos 1.48 Version on it and the protocoll is ACCESS on all tests -

The Archer R8 Pro has the current firmware on (v2.1.12 from 2023-02-23 ) also
the Archer RS has the current firmware on (v2.1.10 from 2022-09-19)

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2023 12:33:07 

Hello,
yersterday I have made some tests with FBUS - I registered the both receivers new and bound both new too - but this made made no difference from before -

From the beginning I have limitated the channels from 1 to 16 - in the receiver Archer R8 Pro I setted to SBUS-16 and telemetry "ON" to FBUS - in the other receiver Archer RS I have setted the telemetry "ON" and to FBUS - It doesn't matter whether I only use one receiver or both receivers together as a redundancy system -with this settings I have the problems with the ETHOS integration as described and shown with the photos -

The next test was to change in Horus the channels from 1 to 24 and in the receiver Archer R8 Pro I setted to SBUS-24 and telemetry "ON" to FBUS - The first I noticed was that no signal of any stick or switch, it doesn't matter whether I only use one receiver or both receivers together as a redundancy system -
forwarded and nothing, absolutely nothing at all, arrived at the servos as a signal, everything was like dead - then I tested whether the integration worked at all and the integration actually worked without complaint, all settings were stable and could be saved and that several times in a row - but this I still had the main problem that no channels were responding - I looked in the flight log and saw receiver lost, which means failsave mode and, conversely, no compatible connection to the Spirit GT ?! The two receivers were both green (bound) and the telemetry or the integration was working - unfortunately this could not be solved either by restarting or by switching the receiver back to FPort and later back to FBUS - the whole thing only worked again when I limited the settings to 16 channels again and switched back to SBUS-16 in the Archer R8 Pro - now all channels were controllable again, all switch positions could be used again as usual for the corresponding function (e.g. rescue) - then I started everything new (transmitter and receiver) - after that all functions were available again as before - however the integration no longer worked, as documented at the beginning with pictures -
After this realization I have a guess as to why the integration does not work - I think so is a timing problem that has to be intercepted by software, either FBL (firmware) or in the ETHOS script, ideally the communication for controlling the servos etc. should be temporarily switched off or limited so that more bandwidth is available for the script to communicate with the FBL is available - That can only be so, because when no servo control was possible (channels 1 -24 and SBUS-24) the full bandwidth for the communication from the script to the FBL was available, the integration with FBUS worked without any problems -
Tomas now it's your turn!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next