It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 7:28:36

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CRSF packet rates
PostPosted: Mon 20. Mar 2023 0:27:30 

Hello,
using this great protocol at 100Hz full resolution 8ch there aro no issues with Spirit 2 FBL. However, when switched to 333Hz (recommended for helicopters) packet rate at 8ch full resolution, the unit seems to have problems to handle the packet refresh rate speed. It freezes up and just stops working for couple of seconds. I have checked the receiver output with scope and it works as it should. There are no known issues with 333Hz at quad community so the prime suspect is the FBL. 333Hz packet rate has significantly better response on higher channels, especially ch6 for collective. When compared to FrSky, FlySky or Spektrum SRXL2 protocol, the CRSF is much better-smoother at 100Hz, and order of magnitude better with 333Hz, the only problem is that it doesn't work well. Is there going to be any update to this issue?

Post subject: Re: CRSF packet rates
PostPosted: Mon 20. Mar 2023 8:44:47 
Site Admin

Hello,

is your receiver official TBS brand?
I dont know anything about your setup so we can't test it.

PostPosted: Mon 20. Mar 2023 19:46:40 

OK, no problem, here it is:
Transmitter TX16S with latest EdgeTX, Mode: CRSF, Baudrate: 1.87M (tried different baudrates but no difference) power: 100mW
BETA FPV 1W Micro TX, packet rate: 100Hz Full, Telemetry ratio: Std 1:32, 8CH
Matek receiver 2.4GHz R24-D, Telem: 100mW
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Mar 2023 8:30:28 
Site Admin

Thank you,
I am afraid we support just official receivers from TBS with official TBS CrossFire module.
If we will get such receiver we can add support for this too. This should be quite easy.

PostPosted: Tue 21. Mar 2023 21:35:48 

OK, I understand. Can you please confirm that this specific problem wouldn't arise with official TBS hardware running it at 333Hz? Thank you very much for your time.

PostPosted: Thu 23. Mar 2023 18:50:57 

MegaHz wrote:
OK, I understand. Can you please confirm that this specific problem wouldn't arise with official TBS hardware running it at 333Hz? Thank you very much for your time.

I don't believe TBS Crossfire/Tracer will do 333hz. Just 250hz max with TBS Tracer at the moment.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you,
I am afraid we support just official receivers from TBS with official TBS CrossFire module.
If we will get such receiver we can add support for this too. This should be quite easy.

It would be great if Spirit supported the ExpressLRS packet rates! It can go up to 1000hz, but 100hz and 333hz are the "full resolution" modes https://www.expresslrs.org/info/signal- ... dexes-rfmd

I'm sure you're already aware, but many manufacturers have started building and selling ExpressLRS hardware, including Radiomaster.

I would be using ELRS with my Spirit GT units, but I am staying with FrSky F.Port/FBUS for now for telemetry and integration :)

PostPosted: Thu 23. Mar 2023 20:32:30 

rburrow87 wrote:
MegaHz wrote:

I don't believe TBS Crossfire/Tracer will do 333hz. Just 250hz max with TBS Tracer at the moment.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Thank you,

It would be great if Spirit supported the ExpressLRS packet rates! It can go up to 1000hz, but 100hz and 333hz are the "full resolution" modes https://www.expresslrs.org/info/signal- ... dexes-rfmd

I'm sure you're already aware, but many manufacturers have started building and selling ExpressLRS hardware, including Radiomaster.

Quote:
I would be using ELRS with my Spirit GT units, but I am staying with FrSky F.Port/FBUS for now for telemetry and integration :)

I get it. It's convenient right now because of the integration capability with FrSky. But ELRS is new future, the signal quality on LoRa modulation is far beyond FrSky. It is Alfa Omega different. I just decommissioned all FrSky harware.

PostPosted: Tue 18. Jul 2023 19:46:23 

rburrow87 wrote:

I wonder if CRSF even is the best way forward for ELRS since it now supports both SBUS and SUMD. Unfortunately it doesn't support telemetry for either protocol yet.

PostPosted: Wed 19. Jul 2023 9:53:24 

cycled wrote:
rburrow87 wrote:

I wonder if CRSF even is the best way forward for ELRS since it now supports both SBUS and SUMD. Unfortunately it doesn't support telemetry for either protocol yet.

SBUS is sh*t
CRSF packet rates are much higher.

All manufactures switched to protocols with much higher speed and integrated telemetry (SBUS2 and alike). So SBUS/SUMD are just the protocols with the highest compatibility not the best protocols. Also these old stuff cannot suport telemetry so thats why there was the need for S.Port