It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 10:41:44

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 12:50:04 

Hello,

thank you for your hints. I had installed the eletrostatic upgrade from SAB (the tiny yellow cable you see on the left edge of the photo) which connects the tail with the motor mount to avoid electrostatic problems.

On the impact the tail boom is broken and also the cable. So i could not check if the connection was ok at the moment of the crash. But i checked it after installation (also now on rebuild) and the resistance between motor mount and tail was in the range of not more when 1 Ohm.

The problem happend not on demanding maneuver. I was just flying upright with moderate speed and wanted to do a right turn.
I did the BEC test spirit offers after the installation of the Spirit (replaced a Graupner GR-18) for about 1 minute without any problems (battery was full charged).

PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 14:35:03 

it is easy to understand if the problem are electrostatic discharges, just remove the blade rotor and tail e turn on the model on the desk.
As if you are flying the same rpm motor.
If that's the problem the same will happen to you.
Of course you move the servos otherwise you don't understand whether they block or not.
you can only simulate on the ground and check that everything works perfectly.
but how do you do it to record logs with jeti you added telemetry sensors?spirit rs cannot record logs as the spirit gt?

PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 15:30:19 

Hello,

franz88 wrote:
but how do you do it to record logs with jeti you added telemetry sensors?spirit rs cannot record logs as the spirit gt?

Spirit RS supports telemetry from ESC. I connected the ESC (Hobbywing 60A ESC branded for SAB) to the SAT1 Port and configured as documented in the Spirit manual: https://manual.spirit-system.com/index. ... _Telemetry

The only limitation (caused by the hobbywing ESC) is that you get no battery current and consumed capacity. Because of this i configured a timer in my jeti.

PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 17:30:54 

and you can see if the geolink loses signal or everything works perfectly?
I intend in real time while you fly from the radio jeti ds12.
maybe an alarm if it turns off

PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 19:38:23 

I don't have a geolink installed.
On my Jeti I got no alarm then the loose of signal was logged in the spirit log.
The alarm on the Jeti came on then I disconnected the battery after the crash.

PostPosted: Mon 06. Feb 2023 19:45:58 

Hello,

ZeXx86 wrote:
I can see that there is something connected to EXT/RPM/E2 - there are white, red and black wires.
Can you tell me what cable it is?

I made another picture from the front, so you can see the connections. As you can see nothing connected to E1 and E1. Then THR connected to the ESC and AUX not connected.
I hope this answers your question.

Attachments:
SpiritRS_from_Front.jpg
SpiritRS_from_Front.jpg [ 141.17 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 07. Feb 2023 14:43:07 

why don't use hot glue?
you have to put it at the corner between servo plug and the straight side of the spirit.
keeps plugs from vibrating and in the future if you want to take it off you just do a little bit of strength and the glue comes off without breaking Nothing.
the spirit remains perfect and also the plug servo.
it's important that when you take it off YOU ABSOLUTELY DON'T HAVE TO warm up with heat.
just hot glue no other products

PostPosted: Tue 07. Feb 2023 16:02:46 

franz88 wrote:
why don't use hot glue?

I did not have the problem that the connection to the spirit got a problem. I understand your suggestion, but don't see that this should fix my problem.
After the crash i carefully removed the spirit from the sticky pad an checked all of the servo connections (i first assumed a servo problem) and all other connections to the spirit. None was loose and each needed a bit of force to unplug.

If the throttle connection would be unplugged i would not see a signal drop in the log. Instead the spirit would shut down and motor would be stopped in case of lost PWM signal.

PostPosted: Tue 07. Feb 2023 17:28:14 
Site Admin

Hello,

unfortunately electrostatic discharges will not usually happen on the bench, because model is not in the air and so is grounded. So testing this on the bench is not that easy.
But if you have good ground continuity from boom to motor then the only option is to send you new RS unit.
You can also carefully check if there can't be cut of some wire by sharp CF frame. This is also happening quite frequently.

PostPosted: Sun 19. Feb 2023 21:56:47 

Hello
ZeXx86 wrote:
You can also carefully check if there can't be cut of some wire by sharp CF frame. This is also happening quite frequently.

I checked the cable and did not found any damages.

On assembly of the helicopter i sanded all the edges of the frame to remove sharp points (i do this on all CF frames to reduce problems).

I am still waiting for a replacement part. After arrival i will do a test with the new firmware version 3.4.4.