It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 17:50:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 9:53:19 

Also I notice that the Function Altitude Limit still not work's as it should be.
It's not engaging even in hovering without anny move of the Heli first try allmost sometimes I have to try 7-8 times the switch to engage, , I have the option selected in the software the minimum altitude,
but if I engaged in Flight, the Spirit takes the flight altitude not the value in the software.
After the 4-5 flight , the system get's even more crazy, it's sky rocket the Heli even in high altitude without stopping going up, also I have to switch it off fast otherwise the Heli goes out of Transmitter Range.
The Altitude function catch sometimes the Heli in much higher altitude than programmed.
But the most worried about the function, that sometimes he not rescue when it must be done it .
Resuming there was a Firmware I not remember exactly but it was one of the first one's,
that the Function works nearly perfect, also the altitude in meters was possible to adjust with the computer keyboard, and not with the Trimm of the channel . The function was possible to engage in Flight don't care the altitude, and was working when he reach the minimum altitude, can we go please to this point, because the last 2-3 FW was going backwards.
By the way Merry Christmas

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 15:27:25 

Hi to everyone, hi to Thomas and Dr. Fleming!

I had the Geolink V1 first and everything worked perfect.
After disconnecting the Geolink everything was related to Baro Rescue of the Spirit GT. That have led into two crashes with full RPM unfortunately.

After selling my V1 I decided to buy a new Geolink V2 to trust that one again with GPS limit.
There were rumors about the Baro accuracy should be higher than the GPS, but finally that was not true. In steep turns the pressure is changing dramatically inside the canopy and below the rotor. The better system is GPS.

Now I have V2 Geolink and that one is still not programmed correctly because of the unknown relationship between the Baro rescue setting and the Geolink settings.

I have a switch programmed with CH7 and STABI FUNCTION for rescue.
That one creates the rocket rescue as soon I activate the switch. Not nice. Nobody likes it.
At that altitude of engagement the Spirit GT triggers the rescue height limit. So far so good. The Heli is launching the 1,5 second rescue and stops then finally. It works, but I don't trust BARO anymore.

Additionally I like to program a last line of defense, e.g. 5 m height, for the GPS Geolink V2.
I understand the manual that I can program a hard deck altitude variable and fixed.

Maybe my questions will fix Dr. Flemings issue as well.

1. Can I program e.g. CH8 on my radio with an additional switch to ON(1) VARIABLE HARD DECK and Geolink triggers the present altitude
for my absolute minimum altitude for the rescue?
2. What happens if I engage the second switch (CH8 height limit Geolink) at 5 meters?
Is the helicopter performing the rescue rapid ascent for 1,5 seconds? Or is the Geolink GPS triggering only that 5m
limit?
3. What happens if I perform step 2 in 5m height and additionally activate my CH7 switch for Baro rescue in 15 m?
In case of, is the Spirit initiating the rescue in 15 meters and would the Geolink initiate the 5 m rescue if the first
one doesn't work due to pressure differences?
4. Is Geolink sending the VARIABLE HARD DECK height to the Spirit GT to initiate the rescue at this altitude?
I remember with my Geolink V1 I activated the rescue switch and rescue was initiated every time I flew below that
altitude or the heli descended rapidly to that that altitude, the rescue was a bit earlier)

Thomas explained to me before that somehow the rescues are working both, the Baro and the GPS.
But there's no detailed information how and how to program it best if I like to use both features. Maybe I am wrong but presently I simply don't understand the relationship between the Geolink and GT BARO rescue.

I would be very grateful if Thomas, or some other experts here could explain to me how I can get the best result out of my programming. Can I program the radio according my questions 1?

That would help a lot to understand the relationship between the systems.
I really don't like to test everything in flight before I have more detailed information.

Thank a lot guys!

Andy

Last edited by TRACON on Tue 27. Dec 2022 16:03:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 16:02:36 

I have of course GeoLink V2 I was one of the first, and before the V1 with the same issues for over one year.
But the most non explainable ,are that sometimes works???? Not 100 % but flyable.
As I write several times, I not expect Military precision, but this countinusly Altitude Limit
function catching the Heli on high altitude and when you absolutly not expect, and not engageging when turn on the channel ect ect, it's frustrating.
But the funny is, we a Pilot with the SPIRIT GT without GeoLink and looks it works better ???
Also something with the comunnication between the SPIRIT GT and the GeoLink not goes well.

TRACON wrote:
Hi to everyone, hi to Thomas and Dr. Fleming!

I had the Geolink V1 first and everything worked perfect.
After disconnecting the Geolink everything was related to Baro Rescue of the Spirit GT. That have led into two crashes with full RPM unfortunately.

After selling my V1 I decided to buy a new Geolink V2 to trust that one again with GPS limit.
There were rumors about the Baro accuracy should be higher than the GPS, but finally that was not true. In steep turns the pressure is changing dramatically inside the canopy and below the rotor. The better system is GPS.

Now I have V2 Geolink and that one is still not programmed correctly because of the unknown relationship between the Baro rescue setting and the Geolink settings.

I have a switch programmed with CH7 and STABI FUNCTION for rescue.
That one creates the rocket rescue as soon I activate the switch. Not nice. Nobody likes it.
At that altitude of engagement the Spirit GT triggers the rescue height limit. So far so good. The Heli is launching the 1,5 second rescue and stops then finally. It works, but I don't trust BARO anymore.

Additionally I like to program a last line of defense, e.g. 5 m height, for the GPS Geolink V2.
I understand the manual that I can program a hard deck altitude variable and fixed.

Maybe my questions will fix Dr. Flemings issue as well.

1. Can I program e.g. CH8 on my radio with an additional switch to ON(1) and Geolink triggers the present altitude
for my absolute minimum altitude for the rescue?
2. What happens if I engage the second switch (CH8 height limit Geolink) at 5 meters?
Is the helicopter performing the rescue rapid ascent for 1,5 seconds? Or is the Geolink GPS triggering only that 5m
limit?
3. What happens if I perform step 2 in 5m height and additionally activate my CH7 switch for Baro rescue in 15 m?
In case of, is the Spirit initiating the rescue in 15 meters and would the Geolink initiating the 5 m rescue if the first
one doesn't work due to pressure differences?
4. Is Geolink sending the VARIABLE HARD DECK height to the Spirit GT to initiate the rescue at this altitude?
I remember with my Geolink V1 I activated the rescue switch and rescue was initiated every time I flew below that
altitude or the heli descended rapidly to that that altitude, the rescue was a bit earlier)

Thomas explained to me before that somehow the rescues are working both, the Baro and the GPS.
But there's no detailed information how and how to program it best if I like to use both features. Maybe I am wrong but presently I simply don't understand the relationship between the Geolink and GT rescue.

I would be very grateful if Thomas, or some other experts here could explain to me how I can get the best result out of my programming. Can I program the radio according my questions 1?

That would help a lot to understand the relationship between the systems.
I really don't like to test everything in flight before I have more detailed information.

Thank a lot guys!

Andy

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 17:51:30 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for your description of the problem.
Can you tell me how often you flying approximately?

Regarding Minimum Altitude settings it seems that some people have troubles with understanding how to set it.
So to make it easier we will return back to allow Minimum Altitude parameter adjustment. By default it will be defined by height when function is engaged as it is now. But if you will set the value then it will work as in older firmware.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 21:40:10 

ZeXx86 wrote:
....By default it will be defined by height when function is engaged as it is now....

yes, thanks for keeping it - this was one of the best improvements ever! never wanna go back....

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 22:46:36 

Hi Michael (HeliMLM),

Do you use only Baro rescue with the unit or as well the Geolink?

rgds
Andy

PostPosted: Wed 28. Dec 2022 12:13:07 

In my case I have no problem to setup the minimum altitude, my problem are
that it not works as I write before.
By the way, it was easier in an older version to set the minimum altitude in meters in the AID GeoLink windows.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

thank you for your description of the problem.
Can you tell me how often you flying approximately?

Regarding Minimum Altitude settings it seems that some people have troubles with understanding how to set it.
So to make it easier we will return back to allow Minimum Altitude parameter adjustment. By default it will be defined by height when function is engaged as it is now. But if you will set the value then it will work as in older firmware.

PostPosted: Thu 19. Jan 2023 13:03:41 

I testing last weekend with the latest FW, and looks that the Heli now not Sky rocket , but I have the Function Altitude Limit with function setup 2 ( also Altitude adjust with subtrim of the Transmitter) but not makes the function, it makes the same as Function 1 ?

I remember one FW year ago that it can put the minimum altitude meters directly in the AID window with
the keyboard of the PC, and at this time I remember it works nearly perfect, why we not return to this methode,
for me was the best working.

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2023 18:13:36 

We test again this weekend, and a friend with his brand new GOBLIN GENESIS nearly lose it, by
activation the Function Altitude Limit, the Heli Skyrocketed without stopping, I catch the Transmitter
and activated the Autorotation and save the Heli, Why not catch the Hard deck in this situation?
Than with a KRAKEN 580 , the Heli after some minutes flight, start's by himself goes up and down ??
This Heli have the GeoLink Antena on the Top of the Tail boom.
The Ventilators for the ESC works great, no more Vibration, thank's Thomas.
In my case my KRAKEN 700 the setup 2 with the function Altitude Limit, works as usually like my other Helis
same as setup 1?
On the KRAKEN 580 also I set the altitude with the Heli around 8 meters from the ground,( because setup 2 not works)
and sometimes the function Altitude Limit catch up the Heli on 25 meters ????
Also I notice, that this happens after the 3 flight ? This makes impossible to enjoy a flight

PostPosted: Sun 22. Jan 2023 21:14:53 
Site Admin

Hello,

thank you for the message. Unfortunately I dont know again any details from you.
Unfortunately when you write that something does not work we can do nothing without any detail given.
But we will change Mode for altitude configuration, because it seems it is hard to configure for some.

Please note, you can turn off Altitude Limit at ANY time. It is not needed to turn off motor, any function can be turned off immediately and continue in flying.
If you experience any bad behavior even for a single time, you should not continue using it. Instead send all your settings files. This is helpful and we can find the problem.

The change will be already included in upcoming 3.5.0 update.