It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 4:58:56

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 21. Dec 2022 20:57:26 

ZeXx86 wrote:
R-XSR has full support for F.PORT.
So with Spirit GT you can connect it directly with provided servo connector + header from FrSky.

Is F.Port support going to be implemented in any of the other Spirit units (Spirit II or Spirit Pro)?

PostPosted: Thu 22. Dec 2022 10:29:14 

Dudemeister wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:
R-XSR has full support for F.PORT.
So with Spirit GT you can connect it directly with provided servo connector + header from FrSky.

Is F.Port support going to be implemented in any of the other Spirit units (Spirit II or Spirit Pro)?

would be nice. For me it would be ok to only support it from the uninverted pads (like on the XSR). Because, I guess, inversion is the issue

PostPosted: Thu 22. Dec 2022 10:46:33 
Site Admin

Yes, it will be supported by all our Spirit units with uninverted pin. It is almost finished.

PostPosted: Fri 23. Dec 2022 9:48:33 

Hello,
Yesterday evening I happened to see that a new ETHOS version is on the way (1.45) - Among other things, the problem with the Lua script is supposed to be fixed there -

Regards
Matthias

Attachments:
Info_Ethos1.45.jpg
Info_Ethos1.45.jpg [ 247.15 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

PostPosted: Mon 26. Dec 2022 8:22:21 

Added a new heli to the list, and Oxy 3

I bought this as a Bind-n-Fly with a Spirit 1. It had a HobbyWing Platinum 40A v4 ESC and it uses a DSMx Satellite for the receiver. Of course with the DSMx sat there was no telemetry at all, plus it was behaving strangely, as the ESC would not initialize properly.

After flying it this past weekend, I decided to update the ESC and the Rx To that end, I installed an FrSky Archer RS receiver, and a Castle Phoenix Edge Lite 50A. This gave me full telemetry, however I have no integration. When I select the the Spirit LUA, it starts, but the banks stay gray, and there's no data in the individual menus. Also, I get a Sensors lost message within a couple of seconds of starting the script. When I exit the script, I get a Sensor recovered, but the red light on the Spirit is still blinking, so I have to pull the plug and restart the heli.

PostPosted: Mon 26. Dec 2022 10:07:26 

Hello,
I think you connected with FPort, because you didn't mention anything - regardless, is it the same problem as with failsafe as you described before? Isn't it responding anymore? For me, when I go to the integration menu, I also get sensor lost and then sensor recovered again - but then everything works again for me - (Horus X10S Express or TX16S) - What Version of Ethos do you have on your Tandem X20 ?
My actual version is 1.44 -

Regards
Matthias

PS.
When you reconnect the battery does the Spirit initialize correctly or does the swashplate nod and you have to look at the flight log first?

PostPosted: Mon 26. Dec 2022 18:57:26 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,
I think you connected with FPort, because you didn't mention anything - regardless, is it the same problem as with failsafe as you described before? Isn't it responding anymore? For me, when I go to the integration menu, I also get sensor lost and then sensor recovered again - but then everything works again for me - (Horus X10S Express or TX16S) - What Version of Ethos do you have on your Tandem X20 ?
My actual version is 1.44 -

Regards
Matthias

PS.
When you reconnect the battery does the Spirit initialize correctly or does the swashplate nod and you have to look at the flight log first?

No, I checked, the Archer receiver is set to S.Port, not F.port. I'm running Ethos 1.4.2.

I don't think this is a Failsafe issue (I haven't looked into that for some time now. The problem, was with the DSMx satellite. I'm not sure if there was something set in it, but if I pulled the sat out of the Spirit and let the Spirit initialize on it's own, the swash would always initialize level, not tilted forward.

When I changed to the Archer receiver I had to change the receiver type in the Spirit settings and re-assign the channels, and the ESC settings, but everything else remained, so there was something weird about the DSMx satellite, but now I have no issues with initialization.

I will try version 1.4.4 and see if there's any improvement on the integration. If not I hope Thomas comes through with his updated LUA scripts, as promised.

Update:
I updated the radio to version 1.4.4, but I can't see any improvements as far as integration is concerned. The radios that don't currently have integration, still don't, so I think the fixes need to be done on the LUA side of things, not Ethos.

Has anyone seen any updated LUA scripts for Spirit?

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 18:26:29 

So, after trying a bunch of different receivers, I've come to one conclusion, Integration seems to be totally dependent on the receiver model.

So far I have tried:

R9MM OTA access = Works
R9MM OTA ACCST = DOES NOT WORK
R9 Mini OTA access = Works
R4XR access = Works
R4XR ACCST = DOES NOT WORK
Archer RS access = DOES NOT WORK
RM R161 ACCST = DOES NOT WORK

I still need to try the RadioMaster R161 in F.Port mode. Since this is not an FrSky receiver, I can't install Acess on it.

All other components are basically the same, FrSky X20 Radio with Ethos 1.4.2 or 1.4.4, Castle ESCs (Phoenix Edge or Talon) and some version of the Spirit FBL (Spirit, Spirit Pro, Spirit II and Spirit GT).

I'm not sure why the receivers make such a difference, I'm not a programmer, but I would think that should be where the guys that wrote the LUA scripts should look into.

@ZeXx86
Speaking of LUA scripts, is there an updated version of the Spirit LUA for Ethos we could try?

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 20:13:15 
Site Admin

Hello,

we are still waiting for reply from FrSky.
There is chance the errors will be fixed in 1.4.5. 1.4.4 is still the old one where the errors on X18 are present.

But with RTN button they can be at least bypassed.

In the LUA scripts there is actually everything identical for all receivers and all radios.
The actual issue is, that even that it should behave identically on all devices, it is not. And there is no reason why, except there are bugs in the EthOS that must be addressed. There we have no way how to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue 27. Dec 2022 20:15:45 

"But with RTN button they can be at least bypassed."

I'm not sure I understand where the RTN button comes into play? What exactly can be bypassed with the RTN button?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next