It is currently Thu 16. May 2024 17:42:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 17. Dec 2022 2:26:13 

Dusemeister thanks for your help!
I am used to Spektrum setup with a satellite, the servos plug into the Spirit unit. I am having trouble visualizing where the servos plug into if I were to use a Roadmaster R161 receiver.
https://www.getfpv.com/radiomaster-r161 ... -port.html
The manual does not show the servo placement when using S-bus.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat 17. Dec 2022 5:46:51 

The servos plug into the same ports they are currently plugged in (Ch11, CH2, Ch3 and CH4). Your ESC plugs into AUX. The only difference is the receiver. Before you had the Spektrum Satellite plug into the side. You will now have the S-BUS cable from the receiver plug into the RUD port of the Spirit instead.

If you also want Telemetry, you will need to plug the telemetry wire (S.Port) into the SYS port. One of the advantages (besides telemetry, is that you can now use the side port to plug a GeoLink in it should you decide to add GPS functions

PostPosted: Sun 18. Dec 2022 4:51:14 

Dudemeister wrote:
The servos plug into the same ports they are currently plugged in (Ch11, CH2, Ch3 and CH4). Your ESC plugs into AUX. The only difference is the receiver. Before you had the Spektrum Satellite plug into the side. You will now have the S-BUS cable from the receiver plug into the RUD port of the Spirit instead.

If you also want Telemetry, you will need to plug the telemetry wire (S.Port) into the SYS port. One of the advantages (besides telemetry, is that you can now use the side port to plug a GeoLink in it should you decide to add GPS functions
Ok now I understand, I will buy the Roadmaster r161 receiver and connect it as you describe.
Thanks again
Mike

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun 18. Dec 2022 7:57:49 

First of all, I don't think you can buy RadioMaster R161 receivers, they've been discontinued by the manufacturer. Secondly, you did say you have a Red or Black Spirit, correct? One of these?

If you do, I highly suggest you get one of the receivers I mentioned before, like the FrSky R-XSR, because it can output and un-inverted signal. Standard FrSky receivers and FrSky clones (like the R161), output inverted signals by default, which your 1st Gen Spirit does not understand.

If you were to use a R161 or similar with your Spirit, you would need to buy the S-BUS inverter cable as well as the Integration cables, which adds more complexity to the setup

https://store.spirit-system.com/en/acce ... apter.html
https://store.spirit-system.com/en/acce ... cable.html

PostPosted: Sun 18. Dec 2022 8:47:59 

Yes I have that unit. I will order the R-XSR from Amazon. It comes with a cable, some soldering to a servo plug should be all I need. Once again thanks for helping me. And no I could not find the other RX.
:D

PostPosted: Sun 18. Dec 2022 9:16:01 

Remember, you'll need to solder the signal wires (Yellow or orange) to the pads that have the uninverted signal. Here is a diagram on how to connect the R-XSR to the Spirit

Attachments:
FrSky wiring.jpg
FrSky wiring.jpg [ 195.83 KiB | Viewed 362 times ]

PostPosted: Sun 18. Dec 2022 19:27:44 

Dudemeister wrote:
Remember, you'll need to solder the signal wires (Yellow or orange) to the pads that have the uninverted signal. Here is a diagram on how to connect the R-XSR to the Spirit

Great diagram!! You have skills. Question, is the diagram for either USB used in the System port one choice. Or use smart port plugged into the ruder second choice? Only one cable is needed from the receiver to the Spirit unit?
Thanks
Mike

PostPosted: Sun 18. Dec 2022 20:26:08 

You need to go back to the Spirit manual and read up on the Spirit Wiring.
https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=Wiring

In short, there's a big difference between S-BUS and S. Port.
  • S-BUS is a one-way connection for sending channel command from the receiver to the FBL. It is required in order to send commands from the Tx to the RX, from the Rx to the FBL, and then the FBL send those commands to the Servos connected to it.
  • S.Port is a two way communication port for passing telemetry and configuration data back and forth between the Rx and the FBL. It is NOT required in order to get a functional Helicopter, but if you want to get telemetry and Spirit integration in your transmitter, then you need to connect it.

Telemetry and integration are 2 different things.

Telemetry provides you information about your flight conditions, battery voltage, battery amperage, signal strength (RSSI/VFR), rotor RPM, vibrations, etc.
Integration is the ability to use a script to read the FBL settings, and adjustem from the radio. This way, you don't need t connect the FBL a computer in order to adjust your settings.

With the setup shown above, you will still need to plug your FBL into a PC with the USB cable to make your original settings. Once everything is set, you remove the USB adapter, and plug the 2 wires show in the diagram (S.Port and GND), and from this point on, any futures adjustments can be made from the Transmitter.

If you need further help, please send me a PM, I don't want to derail this thread from its original purpose

PostPosted: Mon 19. Dec 2022 14:58:36 
Site Admin

R-XSR has full support for F.PORT.
So with Spirit GT you can connect it directly with provided servo connector + header from FrSky.

Or for other Spirit units you will need FrSky integration cable for S.PORT + SBUS connection.
There is also possibility to use un-inverted pin from the receiver. So FrSky integration cable is not needed as mentioned by other pilot.
Using other FrSky receiver is easier however. R-XSR is great for F.Port, but because pins are too small you have to do more work there.

PostPosted: Tue 20. Dec 2022 11:19:21 
Site Admin

It seems we have found bug in the EthOS with X18 when there is a Dialog window.
It reacts to the buttons, but after clicking the dialog will not disappear.
This is different with X20.

Temporarily it is enough to press the RTN button to close the dialog.
We reported it to FrSky.

Otherwise scripts can be fully used with the current version. However we will release updated one this week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next