It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 0:13:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 07. May 2023 10:43:23 

Rdlx3m wrote:
azaz44 wrote:
ZeXx86 wrote:
EthOS integration will not work with SPort/SBUS. This is not allowed by FrSky.
Only FPort and FBus will work with EthOS.
With OpenTX all protocols will work.

Ok, now I know the reason why it doesn't work. I do use SBUS + S.Port.

Thomas, could you share what makes a problem in Ethos comparing to OpenTX? I think it's worth raising an issue on their FrSky GitHub 'Community Feedback'. They are super responsive and resolve most probems.

If you have spirit pro you need the intergration cable. It works. I have spirit gt and spirit pro on my helis

But with S.Port? And Ethos?

I have it connected properly, because it worked in OpenTX. But in Ethos no luck.

PostPosted: Mon 08. May 2023 9:28:33 
Site Admin

There is no reason why it shouldn't work with EthOS technically. But it does not work with some receivers with S.PORT, while same work with OpenTX. We dont know why. FrSky replied that they do not intend to support it since there are better protocols such as F.Port and FBUS. Probably it is intentional move to switch all customers to newer protocol. We agree FBUS is much better and safer from technical point of view.

PostPosted: Mon 08. May 2023 10:07:21 

ZeXx86 wrote:
There is no reason why it shouldn't work with EthOS technically. But it does not work with some receivers with S.PORT, while same work with OpenTX. We dont know why. FrSky replied that they do not intend to support it since there are better protocols such as F.Port and FBUS. Probably it is intentional move to switch all customers to newer protocol. We agree FBUS is much better and safer from technical point of view.

That's a pity, but let's see what they respond there. It seems problem is purely in software.

@Thomas one more question, would it be possible to share (maybe in wiki) some info on how integration scripts are working? Like what data needs to be sent to do things, encoding of information, basically how communication protocol looks like?

I'm converting all of my helis to Ethos and I find that integration part lacks at the moment. There's no log viewer, and settings app is not reliable yet. It sometimes works (on F.Port), but sometimes not. I also saw it leaving FBL in "settings mode" (LED blinking) after app was exited with "Close Menu". (BTW, is it risky to fly like this?)

This is all understandable, considering amount of effort needed to develop such stuff, and that Ethos is relatively new + probably not biggest user base of this system. But maybe we could help ourselves in some cases and develop or improve scripts on our own? Like have some quick-and-dirty log viewer for now. Or even a good one, somewhere in github.

I know we can reverse engineer your scripts, but it's a bit tedious. Some official info would be handy and less risky.

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 16:14:27 

Big thanks for your Integration Version 3.5.0
This is a big benefit - the wait was worth it again!

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 18:26:12 

JoergZ wrote:
Big thanks for your Integration Version 3.5.0
This is a big benefit - the wait was worth it again!

Good that you write it, otherwise I wouldn't know there's a new version of the script.
But what is change actually? I did run it but didn't notice any changes. Something for F.Bus?

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 21:21:10 

azaz44 wrote:
Good that you write it, otherwise I wouldn't know there's a new version of the script.
But what is change actually? I did run it but didn't notice any changes. Something for F.Bus?

The missed items of are realised now (for example Governor)
If you didn't noticed any changes you haven' use it in deep i assume :shock:

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 21:38:59 

JoergZ wrote:
azaz44 wrote:

The missed items of are realised now (for example Governor)
If you didn't noticed any changes you haven' use it in deep i assume :shock:

Ah ok, I didn't notice as I don't use Spirit governor.
But I think telemetry settings are not there (like I-motor shunt), nor the log viewer. I also had situation where it could not get the data for some menu, and exiting the script left FBL in "settings mode" (LED blinking). Then had to restart the script. This problem is still there. For me biggest problems are lack of log viewer, no S.Port integration and in general it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I think there's no "retry" when reading / writing data. I also had the problem that leveling the swash with script was not possible, I have to recheck with 4.5 version.

PostPosted: Sat 03. Jun 2023 21:43:54 

BTW. do you know how much of a problem is it, if you fly with Spirit left in "settings" mode (LED blinking)? Documentation mentions that LED should be steady on. But if it's blinking Spirit just works like normal, allows to start the motor etc. Is there any risk when flying like this? I'm asking because current script versions sometimes leave the LED blinking. And I'm a bit paranoid to always check this, but this is problematic and in some of my helis LED is not easily visible, especially in daylight. I wonder if there's any risk.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2023 7:35:16 
Site Admin

What radio and receiver do you have?
It seems Horus radios are not too compatible.
We are testing with Tandem where it works perfectly. Tandem are coming with EthOS by default while Horus is OpenTX normally with different hardware. We recommend using OpenTX there due to some memory limitations.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Jun 2023 8:44:35 

ZeXx86 wrote:
What radio and receiver do you have?
It seems Horus radios are not too compatible.
We are testing with Tandem where it works perfectly. Tandem are coming with EthOS by default while Horus is OpenTX normally with different hardware. We recommend using OpenTX there due to some memory limitations.

Why some radios have hardware modifications to use access protocol.
But open tx it's disappearing to be replaced from edge tx.
zex are you sure a bout the incompatibilities they are not due from these hardware changes make to use access protocol?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next