It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 21:09:59

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 19. Jan 2024 22:15:32 

I'm interested too

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 11:23:44 

Hello,
I am also interested.

Regards

PostPosted: Sun 21. Jan 2024 18:43:05 
Site Admin

We have not forgot and the update will be released as soon as possible.
Unfortunately we are still working on Spirit Settings 3.6 software where few people are reporting unstable app. So we have to find and resolve the bug.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jan 2024 10:15:03 

I'll be honest, we desperately need some updates. Telemetry, integration, logging - this all became a standard on our hobby for years now. For me, 2023 was a really bad year because a couple of expensive crashes caused by hardware. And I had no logging at all to check what was going on. This is a really really needed feature.

Integration works only on some units, and is also subpar. I wasn't able to set rudder end points for example, which is something you do in the field very often. Many helicopters need it after adjusting belt tension.

At the same time Ethos becomes better and better and FrSky userbase is growing and growing. Many Spektrum users migrate.

For sure resources are limited, but while we wait for updates on critical functions, we get updated UI on a PC app which is just a "nice to have" thing. It doesn't look right.

Or maybe it's worth reconsidering an open source option - to publish source on github and let us fork with improvements. I actually though about developing something, as sources for OTX scripts are there and they help. But I wouldn't spent so much time for something which I possibly can't publish for other users later (or at least it would make you unhappy), not to mention that might spent long hours just to see official scripts released one week later.

PostPosted: Mon 22. Jan 2024 21:40:09 
Site Admin

I am sorry, but it is completely uncomparable at what we are spending time.
Each update takes months until it is finished and tested. All features that are implemented are considered for another months - years prior. In case of Spirit Settings it is used by all. EthOS is used by very small fraction of people. Actually around 0.9% from our stats.
Spirit Settings required big update regarding used libraries because on new operating systems it was not well usable.
The most things are waiting for over year until we are able to implement it, because before them there were other even more important things that were waiting for 2 years and so on.
In case of EthOS and FrSky radios development is few orders more complicated because their receivers are buggy. Each one is literally behaving differently. So in order to make it work, we have to fix the bugs and trying to find workarounds spending weeks. So for example what works with OpenTX and thier Lua does not work with EthOS - even that the telemetry protocol should be compatible.

In any case you can still use logging from Spirit Settings that will work in the similar way as logging at the EthOS in the future. With Spirit GT logging features are even better. This can't never be implemented with EthOS. Also you can use Android app/Wifi-Link. The options there are working for years.
In other words, whatever we will do, somebody will be upset because he have to wait. Interestingly for example Mikado products are missing 80% of features that Spirit or competition offer but people are not complaining.

Nobody reported until now that something in the integration does not work with some units. Without knowing it, we can't fix it. Please describe some details about your setup.
We are testing with completely all Spirit units with all receivers and FrSky radios we have. So you can see that even after months of testing prior the release it is not enough because some configuration does not work properly. Then you will buy another new FrSky receiver and something new will stop working. This is unfortunately reality with FrSky for years. But at least with FBUS things are improving little bit.
Also what are you desperately missing from telemetry?

PostPosted: Tue 23. Jan 2024 4:35:45 

From someone that also really likes the Ethos integration. I just want to say thanks for the honest replies and work you have already done so far on this. From my experience developers are always being pushed many directions and stuff needs to be done yesterday :).

PostPosted: Fri 23. Feb 2024 9:59:21 

i have to say thank you for the integration .....its my first telemetry set up and i even used a old Powerjive ESC and it is working very good under Ethos.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Apr 2024 16:30:53 

Good day.
I would like to ask about the Ethos x Spirit GT integration. Before updating both Ethos and Spirit to the new versions, the integration worked relatively well for me and I didn't deal with minor outages because everything always reloaded, but after updating Ethos to version 1.5.6 and lua script 3.5.0 ver 2, the radio still reports "sensor lost " "and the integration doesn't load into the radio as it should. I have a Tandem X20 radio from RCstudio shop. Is there any possible solution or something I can change to make the integration work well?

Have a nice day

PostPosted: Mon 22. Apr 2024 10:23:06 

I like the integration to EthOS very much. It is working fine with my 4 Spirit GT units and the Archer RS receivers via FPort on my Tandem X18SE and X14S.
Unfortunately after the 1.5.X EthOS update (I'm on 1.5.6 right now), the screens in the Spirit LUA are getting longer and longer when you dive into a submenu, go back to main and dive into another one. It is only a graphics issue but a little bit confusing at all.
I hope you can see what I mean, when you take a look at the yellow scrollbar at the right.

Attachments:
File comment: 3
screenshot3.jpg
screenshot3.jpg [ 10.93 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]
File comment: 2
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot2.jpg [ 14.07 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]
File comment: 1
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg [ 14.98 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]

PostPosted: Tue 23. Apr 2024 19:52:16 
Site Admin

Thank you for your report.
We will test and check what could be wrong. Please report it to FrSky as well, because if their firmware bircked it, they are able also to fix it.
We will contact them directly too in that matter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23