It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 18:41:37

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 05. Mar 2023 6:49:41 

sorry for my lack of experience with technology. I recently upgraded from radiomaster(edge tx) to frsky x18(ethos).I download the lua script for integration but dont think it downloads properly onto my computer(running windows 7).ive dragged the file onto the x18 internal storage(and sd card),but it doesnt seem to work.NOot sure if my computer is the problem?

PostPosted: Sun 05. Mar 2023 18:17:26 

https://manual.spirit-system.com/index.php?title=EthOS

Download integration scripts from our web page or this LINK:
https://spirit-system.com/dl/ethos/spir ... -3.4.4.zip

Extract downloaded ZIP file and copy whole directory "spirit" to "scripts" to SD Card of your radio. Then (re)power the radio and from then you will see Spirit icon in the Settings menu.

PostPosted: Mon 06. Mar 2023 14:24:11 

My telemetry value FUEL is always 0%.
Is this vibration value still available in FBUS telemetry
Telemetry is set to YGE

PostPosted: Mon 06. Mar 2023 20:25:59 

Hello,

last weekend I tested the configuration of an redundancy receiver - the Archer R8 Pro is my host receiver and the Archer RS my redundancy receiver – the redundancy receiver is connected over Sbus in in the host receiver and the host receiver over SPport-Output (FBUS-protocol) - both receiver with the newest firmware on it – the Archer R8 Pro with v2.1.12 and the Archer RS with v2.1.10 -
The host receiver was set to with telemetry on – the redundancy receiver at first with deactivated telemetry- host receiver was registered and binded to model ID 19 and the redundancy receiver to model ID 20 – redundancy receiver as second receiver – I set the model ID back to 19 !
The host receiver was connected to the Spirit GT FBL over FBUS and special firmware 3.4.5 on the FBL – The FBL was booted as normal -
Now the host receiver was green and the redundancy receiver was red (model ID 20 !) - I started Spirit Settings-Software and FBL connected over the “USB-Dongle” - In the Diagnostic Tab I looked for the channels, the transmitter was also on and connected to the host receiver...I moved the sticks and all works perfect, all was reacting as expected – The first test was that I changed the model ID from 19 to 20 – the host receiver gets red and the redundancy receiver gets green ! The movements of the sticks were still reacting normal – woderfull ! I looked in the flight log and there was no interruption visible and still good health without any receiver lost ! So this configuration is working ! The host receiver was set to telemetry on and all tlemetry values are visible as long as the host receiver was green – If the host receiver was red and the redundancy receiver was green the telemetry values were no longer transmitted, which was also logical since the redundancy receiver is only connected via SBus and not via FPort or FBus - That is the only disadvantage, furthermore the message Sensor lost was triggered – as the next step, I switched on the telemetry in the redundancy receiver and simply set it to SPORT - The advantage here is that some receiver data is transmitted at all, of course not the telemetry values from the Spirit FBL, since the connection is only established via the SBus!

During the next test, both receivers got the same model ID (ID=19) - this meant that both receivers were green after booting! In the diagnostic tab the moving sticks are visible ! To test the redundancy one receiver the antennas get packed in aluminum foil (here the host receiver) - the RSSI gets lower to 80 dB, the other unshielded receiver has maybe 95 dB or higher (higher than the shielded !) At next step I made an range check with reduced power - I walked away with my transmitter Horus X10 S Express and watched the RSSI and VFR values -
At a certain distance I get a warning of the host receiver "1" RSSI critical and VFR critical a short time later the receiver " 2" was displayed with low RSSI and low VFR warning was displayed and said ! I went back and looked in the diagnostic tab and all movements of the sticks were just fine - I see that the receiver has switched because no telemetry of the FBL was showing (red values) -
It stayed that way even though the host receiver was green again , only when I unplugged the redundancy receiver the host receiver did become active again and the telemetry values from the FBL were visible again!

After that I looked again in the flight log and there everything was on good health and not a single entry of receiver lost was in there !!

This proves that the system works reliably, which was/is very important to me personally - In conclusion, it can be said that the redundancy system works absolutely good and can be used without problems !
Good News !

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Tue 07. Mar 2023 22:24:16 

Hi, just wondering how far away 3.4.5 update is from release?Just needing the f port support for my spirit pros. I know their is pre release firmware, but will wait for official release if not far away

PostPosted: Wed 08. Mar 2023 12:12:13 
Site Admin

I believe we will be releasing new update on monday.

PostPosted: Wed 08. Mar 2023 12:30:36 

Perfect,
thanks a lot for FBUS integration!

Ciao
Jörg

PostPosted: Mon 13. Mar 2023 13:11:00 

I have tested the FW 3.4.5
Ethos 1.4.7 FrSky XE with Receiver TD-R10
connected via FBUS

My telemetry value FUEL is always 0%.
Is this vibration value still available in FBUS telemetry
Telemetry is set to YGE

PostPosted: Mon 13. Mar 2023 13:39:42 
Site Admin

Yes, it is vibration value. Does it mean it is 0% even during flight?

PostPosted: Mon 13. Mar 2023 13:53:20 

i have not tried flying, i have started motor with 1550 rpm without blades in 700 heli

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next