It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 14:31:33

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 06. Dec 2022 21:46:13 

This thread is going to be my discussion on Ethos/Spirit Integration. What works, what doesn't, workarounds, etc.

Here are my current Spirit Heli setups, what works and what doesn't. In all cases the Radio is an FrSky Tandem X20S running Ethos 1.4.2.0

Tarot 450 Pro
Spirit 1
FrSky R9MM OTA - Access Mode FW v1.3.1 - S.Port
CC Talon 35 ESC

This uses the SBUS inverter cable, and the inverted S.Port from the R9 receiver connected directly to the middle pin on the SYS port. I also had to add a ground pin between the SYS port ground and the AUX for it to work. The ESC telemetry is done by adding a 10K resistor between the signal and power leads of the ESC cable.
Everything works as is. I have telemetry, and I also have Integration.

SAB Goblin Buddy 380
Spirit GT
FrSky RX4R - Access Mode FW v2.1.7 - F.Port
CC Edge 50 ESC

This uses the F.Port and Gnd and V+ lines from the Rx4R receiver connected directly to the RUD of the Spirit GT. The ESC telemetry is once again done by adding a 10K resistor between the signal & power leads of the ESC cable.
Everything works as is. I have telemetry, and I also have Integration.

NOTE: There is something wrong with the integration here. I can go to most of the menus and see the actual values. I haven't tried making any changes yet. HOWEVER, If I enter the SERVOS menu, everything becomes grayed out and I no longer have access to any of the functions, even the ones that were working before, until I power the radio and the receiver off and start over.

Updates (in blue)
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Spirit GT + Geolink
RadioMaster R161 - ACCST Mode FW v2.1.0 - S.Port Flashed to F.Port v2.1.0
CC Edge 100 ESC

This uses the a standard SBUS cable connected to RUD and an S.Port cable connected to the top in on the SYS port.. I also had to add a ground pin between the SYS port ground and the AUX for it to work. The ESC telemetry is done by adding a 10K resistor between the signal & power leads of the ESC cable.
Everything works as is. I have telemetry, but no integration at all. Integration now works, after flashing the Receiver to F.port and updating the Ethos firmware to 1.4.5

I plan on flashing the R161 with the F.Port firmware to see if I get integration. If not, I have an Archer RS receiver which I have already tested and works via F.Port

Align Trex 550L Dominator
Spirit II + Geolink
RadioMaster R161 - ACCST Mode FW v2.1.0 - S.Port
CC Talon 90 ESC

This uses the a standard SBUS cable connected to RUD and an Spirt integration cable connected to SYS port. The ESC telemetry is done by adding a 10K resistor between the signal & power leads of the ESC cable. I tried using the inverted S.port pad documented on other sites, but it never worked, so I had to use the integration cable.
Everything works as is. I have telemetry, but no integration at all.

I may end up using an Archer receiver just so I can get rid of the integration cable which takes up quite a bit of space. Hopefully integration might also become available. I'll post additional information as I make these changes.

On a side note, is the Spirit II ever going to get an update with F.Port support ??

Updates (in blue)
Gaui Hurricane 550 FES
Spirit Pro - Geolink
RadioMaster R161 - ACCST Mode FW v2.1.0 - S.Port Flashed to F.Port v2.1.0
CC Edge 75 ESC

This uses the a standard SBUS cable connected to RUD and an Spirt integration cable connected to SYS port. The ESC telemetry is done by adding a 10K resistor between the signal & power leads of the ESC cable.
Everything works as is. I have telemetry, but no integration at all. Tomas provided the updated software and firmware that supports F.port on the Spirit Pro and Spirit 2. With this new firmware, and a little re-wiring, Integration now works.

Update: New Heli added

Oxy 3 Tareq Ed.
Spirit 1
FrSky Archer RS - Access Mode FW v2.1.10 - S.Port
CC Edge Lite 50 ESC

I had to use the SBUS inverter cable, and the available inverted S.Port connected directly to the middle pin on the SYS port. Unlike the Tarot, I did not have to add a ground pin to the SYS port. It works with just the single S.Port wire. The ESC telemetry is done by adding a 10K resistor between the signal and power leads of the ESC cable.
Telemetry works Fine, but no integration. When I enter the Spirit LUA, the bank 0 menu stay gray, and I get a "Sensor lost" message. When I exit the script, I get a "sensor recovered" message, but the Spirit LED keep on blinking so it's still in configuration mode. I have to pull the plug to reset it.

So this is what I have currently working with Ethos. As mentioned above, Integrations is touch and go, and seems to work on some units, but not others. Also, there's the bug that crashes the integration script when I go into the Servos menu on the F.Port receiver, but not the S.Port.

Input is welcome from those that have tries similar setups, and of course especially encouraged from Thomas.

Last edited by Dudemeister on Thu 19. Jan 2023 19:59:03, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue 06. Dec 2022 23:51:27 

Hey Dudemeister great info.

I will add to it.

Spirit GT/ Edge 2.8.0
Frsky R-Xsr ACCST FW v 2.1.1 F.Port
Yge LVT 65

All good. Telemetry and integration via sat1 port.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 0:33:30 

Vector wrote:

I will add to it.

Spirit GT/ Edge 2.8.0
Yge LVT 65

Cheers.

So, when you run the Spirit LUA you have access to all the menus and features without any issues? Including the Servos menu? What version Ethos are you running on?

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 11:33:51 

Hello Dudemeister,
Vector has edgeTX 2.80 ...
Attachment:
pic001_071222.jpg
pic001_071222.jpg [ 35.58 KiB | Viewed 1617 times ]

Regards

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 13:24:16 
Site Admin

Now we will buy Tandem X18 to test the EthOS integration. With X20 it works perfectly for us.
What is your radio?

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 16:03:03 

Hello Dudemeister,
here is my list:

Transmitter: Horus X10S Express with Edgetx 2.80 on it (later maybe ethos)-

XLPower 520:

Spirit GT (FrSky FPort -->(Rudder))
Receiver: Radiomaster R161 (ACCST D16 )
Firmware File Name: R161_V2_Fport_LBT.frk
Firmware Use: LBT Firmware for F.Port use - D16 v2.1.0

Hobbywing Platinum 120V4

Telemetry over Sat1-Port
Integration works perfect

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 16:52:05 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Now we will buy Tandem X18 to test the EthOS integration. With X20 it works perfectly for us.
What is your radio?

Hello Thomas,

I'm using an X20S.

I don't think there's much of a difference between the X20 and X18, other than the screen resolution, and as far as I know, the EthOS code is the same for both.

If I were testing this, I would spend my money on receivers instead. The issues seem to be related to receivers, more than the radios themselves.

Last edited by Dudemeister on Wed 07. Dec 2022 17:04:45, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 16:57:19 

Prior to switching to Ethos, I used both a RadioMaster TX16S and a FrSky X12S, both with OpenTX 2.3 v039. I've never had any issues with integration under OpenTX.

This discussion here is regarding integration issues with Ethos. Integration for Ethos is relatively new, as the first version was only published a month ago, so problems are bound to happen, and I'm trying to setup a discussion for folks that are in the same situation, running FrSky Ethos.

Getting the information as to what works and does not, especially as more folks chime in, with a variety of hardware, should help the devs (Thomas), zero in on where the problems might be.

PostPosted: Wed 07. Dec 2022 22:55:35 

Dudemeister wrote:
Vector wrote:

I will add to it.

Spirit GT/ Edge 2.8.0
Yge LVT 65

Cheers.

So, when you run the Spirit LUA you have access to all the menus and features without any issues? Including the Servos menu? What version Ethos are you running on?

Yes, all in order and functional. Only one thing I had issue was when in stabi tab and rescue is selected by channel there was no option for settings ( blank page). In order to get setting in stabi tab must select ( rescue normal or acro) and that will bring all settings for adjustments. I'm on EdgeTX 2.8.

Attachments:
IMG20221207224034.jpg
IMG20221207224034.jpg [ 5.21 MiB | Viewed 1585 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 08. Dec 2022 15:48:11 

Hello,
here in the forum are some people who have FrSky Radios, why don't you get in touch and help?

I'll link the thread here, I call on all people who have given a comment there to contribute something here, it would be helpful to use transmitter including firmware, used receiver with used firmware and answers which problems, for example with integration or telemetry appear . Thanks for your support ! We're in the same boat and have the same interests - thank you!

Please help out colleagues !
https://www.spirit-system.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5090

Regards
Matthias

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next