It is currently Sun 12. May 2024 11:56:30

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 10. Jun 2023 19:57:01 
Site Admin

We are testing also with ACCESS receivers and also with ACCST with F.Port.

We do not plan to release source code for EthOS because for OpenTX it was stolen and used by competition.
But we will do our best to make it work perfectly on all radios. Sadly it is more and more complicated with FrSky as there are so many versions, receivers, protocols and each is behaving differently and this changes after almost each update they release...

PostPosted: Mon 12. Jun 2023 12:33:26 

ZeXx86 wrote:
We do not plan to release source code for EthOS because for OpenTX it was stolen and used by competition.
But we will do our best to make it work perfectly on all radios. Sadly it is more and more complicated with FrSky as there are so many versions, receivers, protocols and each is behaving differently and this changes after almost each update they release...

With source code this is of course your choice. But I think another option is to actually have it published on Github or similar. Then we (community) could help. If something is changed in Ethos, we could adjust the script, test it and offer you a pull request. Ethos is in dynamic development at the moment, LUA API is changing, and it is a good thing. Many of these changes are because of requests we submit.

Github repo would also allow people to make forks. Everybody likes something else, so we could have different versions. I - for example - would immediately remove options like "servo reverse", so I never change it by accident, while tuning parameters. I'm always scared of these :)

I don't know if this is what you want, probably not. But if maintaining Ethos integration is an issue of cost / time, then this could be a solution.

PostPosted: Tue 13. Jun 2023 13:01:46 

Observations from yesterday:

It happened to me once, that after exiting the integration script, LED on Spirit was completely off. I've never seen anything like this before, but TBH when using OpenTX (up to this season) I never looked at it.

After starting the script again LED came back (blinking), and after exiting the script it became steady lit.

When LED was off, things seemed to work (heli was reacting to pitch changes).

It happens to me very very rarely, that Spirit fails to read some single parameter and displays a greyed out text field, while other parameters are shown. Like super rarely., once in a 100x or even 1000.

At the same time, it happens very often, that complete screen is not showing any data and I have to restart the script (it seems Spirit fails to read this first data, which I mentioned earlier). This happens like every 2nd or 3rd time.

This suggests, that while retrying is (I think) needed, problem with failing to read data so often might be somewhere in code.

I discovered pitch pump booster setting. Oh my god :)

PostPosted: Tue 13. Jun 2023 18:42:54 

I also have the led off from time to time. Also the greyed out bank. After restarting the script it usually works.

Horus X10S and Tandem x20S and R10+

PostPosted: Thu 15. Jun 2023 12:52:43 
Site Admin

We are now testing with different receivers and trying to find all possible issues.
I believe that today we will at least resolve issue with stopped communication so it can retry automatically.
However LED OFF should happen only with SPORT connection. Do you have the latest Spirit firmware?
This mean that SPORT was disconnected and you can configure unit from USB interface.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Jun 2023 13:54:44 
Site Admin

Please download updated version here:
https://spirit-system.com/dl/ethos/spir ... 5.0-r2.zip

I hope it will help you. We resolved issue that when Bank parameter was not loaded it will not retry from the beginning.
Now you can disconnect at any moment and script should reload the values again.

PostPosted: Thu 15. Jun 2023 15:13:30 

Hello Tomas,
the sript works absolutelly stable ! I am so happy you can't imagine it :D

Three points should still be changed as I earlier said, the rescue time is not on seconds for example 3 Sec and the value in the Script shows 30 - by the limits in Bank 1 and Bank2 you can not change pitchrange like in the spirit settings program (usb) - I do it not, but maybe other people -
It happened to me once before that the LED was no longer lit - only after starting the script again and ending it without any change was the blue LED back on continuously!
I operate all my receivers with FBUS, not with SBus -

Thanks for your great work !

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 15. Jun 2023 15:25:22 

Tested r2 with X20, Horus X10 and R10+ (approx 20 times)
No problem so far.

PostPosted: Fri 16. Jun 2023 17:35:14 

Im interested in the frsky transmitters. Is ther any video about the spirit integration?

PostPosted: Fri 16. Jun 2023 21:12:20 

I tested r2 today and it's a great improvement. It worked each time for me. Thanks.
Is it safe to not check LED then?

@nichtdiemama: here's a video:

https://youtu.be/dKe_JoX5CPE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next