It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 22:06:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 18:50:52 

To be honest. Being patient is a great attitude as well!

PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 19:37:16 

Anonymity is a good cover, here it's all about the matter, if you have something to contribute to the cause, then you're welcome -

PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 20:58:56 
Site Admin

From the time ACCESS was introduced there were various problems and are present until today.
Some ACCESS receivers are behaving differently than the rest.
S.PORT implementation is behaving differently with each receiver.
F.PORT is behaving differently with each receiver.
Now there is another new F.BUS protocol which has yet another troubles.
Each of these protocols are very dependent on receiver firmware and firmware of the radio.
On each radio there are different results.
This yield thousands of combinations...
From perspective of any developer that should support all this it is very hard.

However there is nothing that prevent to try and use you these receivers.

Please note ACCESS and ACCST are protocols that are invisible for other controllers. But unfortunately there are differences even that there shouldnt be any when using S.PORT or other transmission protocol. This is why we can`t be certain even that we have many FrSky radios and receivers. Actually we have so many FrSky devices it is not good.

With other brands it is enough to usually get a single receiver and a single radio, because all are behaving perfectly identically.
Then testing takes just few days.

The same task could be done by FrSky itself so they can be sure it works with all devices. They have Spirit units.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 21:10:14 

I personally hope Spirit releases its own Spirit branded radio someday.

PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 22:00:16 

Hello,
but obviously there are many users who have FrSky radios with Ethos Tandem X18 or X20, I don't think these users use ACCST receivers - at least they will use the ACCESS protocol - I think some kind of compromise should be made there - maybe not check everything but just a few, that would help - I would want to use the Archer RS for my part and I've seen some on helifreak who use this reveiver too - Maybe it would be purposeful to do a poll here in the forum would start in this regard, then you could start the race with the three most frequently mentioned receivers. Perhaps the specification of which radio, then one would see more clearly -
What do you think about that ?

Regards

PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 22:14:48 
Site Admin

We already have Archer RS and Tandem X20 with EthOS.
With F.Port it works well for us.

Certainly we will test likely all receivers gradually, but I cant only say when. It can be next month or later.
I have to decide if I will be answering all questions, developing products and moving them forward, making manufacturing process possible due to various obstacles or testing things.
With more questions all the rest is slower. When people are not receiving answers, they are angry.
So each day I am deciding what is best :)

PostPosted: Sun 04. Dec 2022 22:33:51 

Hello,
The whole thing doesn't sound that bad :)
I've definitely read that the correct firmware must always be installed/flashed on both the transmitter and the receiver, then it will work - I have one last question - Do you happen to own a Horus X10S Express and could you test it with the Archer RS ? My operating system is Edgetx, but opentx should also meet the requirements -

Regards

PostPosted: Tue 06. Dec 2022 7:31:13 

ZeXx86 wrote:
We already have Archer RS and Tandem X20 with EthOS.
With F.Port it works well for us.

Certainly we will test likely all receivers gradually, but I cant only say when. It can be next month or later.
I have to decide if I will be answering all questions, developing products and moving them forward, making manufacturing process possible due to various obstacles or testing things.
With more questions all the rest is slower. When people are not receiving answers, they are angry.
So each day I am deciding what is best :)

You don't have to test "all" the receiver/radio combinations, But at least post information about thge ones you already tested.

For example, you are already telling us that you tested the Archer RS. That's great, but can you tell us what firmware version you tested as well, because as you said, not all combinations work.

I just tried an Archer RS, bound it to the radio, enabled F.Port, then when I plugged it into the Spirit GT, all I get is jittering servos. If we could get the detailed information about what was already tested , we could try to match our configurations to match the tested/functional ones.

Update.

I got it working... sort of. I just realized that I also had to change the Recevier type in the Spirit configuration from S-BUS to FrSky F.Port. After this, it worked, I had control of the servos, but I had to redo a lot of the settings, as I lost a lot of the channel configurations/assignments and telemetry configuration. So I got it working, and now ESC telemetry works fine.

However, integration doesn't. I got it to start exactly ONE TIME (Bank0 lit up). But after I entered one of the menus, everything was grayed out and no information was displayed. I also heard a "sensor lost" warning. I tried other menus, same thing. I then powered down the heli and powered it back up, and now, I can no longer get telemetry to work at all, the Bank selection is always grayed out