It is currently Sat 27. Apr 2024 21:09:03

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 22. Oct 2022 16:30:40 

We have been doing tests again today, today was a day with no wind at all and around 24º, one of the few days that there is in the year.
And we have noticed again how well the SPIRIT GT works, the Heli flies like on Rails, the control and feedback cannot be better, and that even I have the setup at maximum full 3D gain, even the Geometry Tuning that normally are on 6º, I setup to the maximum at about 9.7º.

I have tried many, if not all Flybarless systems and much more expensive, but none is as perfect as the SPIRIT GT!
The Pilots in our Air Club no longer use the Flight Simulator when they test or training a new maneuver,
they simply put the Virtual Net, and more than one Pilot has saved the Heli several times of a hard crash!

Now I would say that it only has a little fine tuning left, for example the RTH,
the Heli wobbled a bit, but I think because the speed of Return Home is a little bit to fast, and when braking
to the Position it goes into ocillation.
On the Virtual Net, a little bit fine tuning will be perfect, also more precision, ok I know we will never get
Military precision on the GPS due is is capped for civil use.

Another improvement would also be good for less experienced Pilots, in the manual Bailout, here it would be a good idea, of override the user Pitch stick control after making the rescue , for about two seconds,
since the Pilot, in a bit of panic, forgets to raise the yoystick to positive º again, and otherwise consequently the Heli pulls down to the ground fast.

Congratulations, some Manufacturers after taking it out like Skokum that cost almost 800 Euros failed,
after a short time, other European manufacturers announced with the presentations of their new Flybarless Systems,
that in the future they wanted to also take out the GPS modul, which as it has been seen they have never done , because they know that it is very complicated.
Not mentioning the Chinese, that the only thing they know is to copy , and with a very bad or not at all quality!

Well, this winter it's time for the Update Project to assemble the SPIRIT with the GL V2 in my Big Airwolf Turbine and 100 Scale interior and exterior, I'm looking for main Rotor Heads, I don't know yet with four or five Blades, what do you think, now it only has two Blades with Paddel. :D
The Heli weighs around 16 Kilos. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y6_UfOATM

PostPosted: Sun 23. Oct 2022 8:34:13 

Hi Dr. Fleming :D ,

glad to hear you are now fully satisfied with the Spirit System GT.

These words from in my opinion a critical and accurate user who tested the system many many times and had to evaluate a lot of settings and their reactions to the system give me and probably other users a feeling of confidence and reliability to the system. Although everyone has to test the system himself.

But tell me the final reason that swapped your opinion. Was it the vibration on the fan of the esc or the different settings on the GeoLink, did you change your settings or did you get special firmware from Tomas ?
I would be interested how you reached this goal.

Thank you for your efforts in getting the system better.

I think an important point of persisting of an fbl system is the service behind the system. Tomas always reads the comments in the forums and always reacts very fast on problems. And a solution is then generated soon.
The next point i don‘t know but i think it is so that Tomas is still a small company with exact structures where the boss knows whats happening in his office. If someting goes wrong he can immediately react. And the costs in a smaller company are way cheaper than in a big company with a lot of personal for marketing internet economics and so on.

I hope i can eliminate my small fails on the system as then i‘m satisfied like Dr. Fleming.

Best regards

Markus

PS: I’m interested in your settings of the turbine helicopter because this is my next project too.