It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 13:18:43

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 5:49:51 

I have a Spirit Pro I'm trying to get integration support. I am using a RadioMaster R161 receiver which has S-Port. Like all FrSky compatible receivers it has an inverted S-Port output.

On another heli I have with a Spirit GT I can just take the inverted S-Port output and plug it directly into the SYS port of the GT and I get telemetry. the RadioMaster receiver, also has an un-inverted S-Port pad, that I can get an un-inverted/straight signal out, however, the Spirit Pro doesn't seem to recognize the signal.

So, does the FrSky Integration cable do more than just invert the signal? I was under the impression it's just a signal inverter. if so, then why can't I get this to work with the un-inverted signal alone?

Thank you,

PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 7:24:01 
Site Admin

Hello,

Spirit GT has inverter built-in, for this reason it require original signal from the receiver.
Spirit Pro need the FrSky integration cable - it is only inverting the signal. But it still has to be connected correctly.

What is your wiring to the SYS port? Only two wires, GND and Signal must be connected there. But the signal from receiver should be connected to the middle pin.

PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 15:25:15 

I see. So if I connected the uninverted S-Port signal to the middle pin, then it should work.

Can I use the ground from somewhere on the Spirit unit (like the unused AUX2)?

PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 20:02:45 
Site Admin

Yes, GND pin is at the SYS port at the bottom.

PostPosted: Tue 25. Oct 2022 15:34:52 

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I connected the un-inverted signal wire to the middle pin of the SYS port, and also a GND wire from the AUX2 port to the GND pin of the SYS port.

No telemetry or integration.

So for the movement, I reverted the receiver to the inverted signal, then used the Integration cable. I would have preferred doing it without the integration cable for a much cleaner, less wire clutter solution, but it didn't work.

Maybe someone that has tried this could provide additional insight?

PostPosted: Tue 25. Oct 2022 17:15:58 

Hello Dudemeister,
what kind of firmware have you flashed on your R161 ? I think you have to flash firmware for D16 SBUS but not the version D16 V1, this is version is not working, try to find D16 v2.1.0 (SBUS) for the receiver, then it should work -

Regards
Mattes61

PostPosted: Tue 25. Oct 2022 20:02:35 

Hello,
if I understand it right, then that is incorrect what Tomas said ! Tomas you can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe it - As I understand the wiring for SBUS and the integration you need to independed cables - one cable is only for integration from receiver SPort to the SYS-Port in the Spirit Pro, here you need the integration cable as said. For the channels transmission you need an independend cable from the receiver SBUS to the RUD-Port in the Spirit Pro - As in the wiringdiagramm shown the polarity of both Inputs (SYS and RUD) are total identical, as from the back to the front -, +, Signal, see SBUS-wiring-diagramm
Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-10-25_SBUS-Connection.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-25_SBUS-Connection.jpg [ 157.14 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Integration:
Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-10-25_SPort_to_SYS-Connection_P1.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-25_SPort_to_SYS-Connection_P1.jpg [ 145.76 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-10-25_SPort_to_SYS-Connection_P2.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-25_SPort_to_SYS-Connection_P2.jpg [ 112.9 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Quote:
ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Spirit GT has inverter built-in, for this reason it require original signal from the receiver.
Spirit Pro need the FrSky integration cable - it is only inverting the signal. But it still has to be connected correctly.

What is your wiring to the SYS port? Only two wires, GND and Signal must be connected there. But the signal from receiver should be connected to the middle pin.

According to the wiring diagram, the statement to place the signal on the middle pin is not correct, since the middle PIN is always plus (except for the sys port of course)! And I think we're not talking about the Ele/Pit/Ail interface here?! Or am I wrong here, but then the wiring diagram is not correct - Maybe SBUS-Futaba is not similar to SBUS FrSky, then an additional wiring-diagramm hast to be made- that needs to be clarified of course -
The last screenshot could'nt uploaded here too, see in the next reply !

Regards
Matthias

Last edited by Mattes61 on Tue 25. Oct 2022 20:34:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 25. Oct 2022 20:04:31 

additional info to Integration and channel-transmission...
Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-10-25_Info.jpg
Screenshot 2022-10-25_Info.jpg [ 340.04 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Wed 26. Oct 2022 1:28:39 

Hi Mattes61,

When I said I wanted to do this with a single cable, I wasn't talking about using a single cable for S-BUS and Telemetry, the only only Spirit unit that can do that is the Spirit GT via F.Port, and the R161 only support F-Port v2 and the Spirit GT wants F.Port v1.

But in this particular case, we're talking about a Spirit pro, and the R161. On the R161 Receiver, I already have S-BUS connected to the RUD port, however, the receiver also has a single wire S-Port output, but like all other F-Sky compatible receivers, the S-Port is inverted. So on the Spirit Pro, I have to use the FrSky integration cable. The Integration cable "un-inverts" the signal, so that the Spirit Pro unit can read it. Unfortunately, all this makes for a lot of wiring, so I was hoping to get around all this wiring mess by pulling and already un-inverted signal off the receiver.

On some FrSky receivers and FrSky clone receivers, there are pads or locations on the receiver board where the original un-inverted signal is present. On the R161 it's here:

Attachment:
Uninverted S.Port.png
Uninverted S.Port.png [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 176 times ]

So I wired a cable directly to that pad, and tried to connect it directly to the SYS port to the signal pin first, and then the middle pin as suggested by the Admin, but in either case, no telemetry. The rest of the system works, and I got full control, but since there is no telemetry, there is also no integration, so I can't make any settings changes from the TX, the only way is to connect it via USB to a PC.

So for now, I went back to the original setup, with the Inverted S-Port and the Integration cable, but if someone knows of a better way, I'm open to suggestion. At this stage I can see 2 possibilities:
1. The un-inverted signal is not present on that pad as the photo suggests, although there are many other links on the web that suggest the diagram is correct,
2. The Spirit Pro does not support and un-iverted signal, and requires something "more", which the integration cable provides. This is the reason why I asked originally if the integration cable does "more" than just invert the signal.

PostPosted: Wed 26. Oct 2022 13:24:43 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is enough to add one wire for S.Port to work without FrSky integration cable if the receiver pin has inverted signal from the original output.
This apply in case that GND is already connected for SBUS connection.
The wire should be connected to the middle pin of the SYS port as I said.
There was no mistake in what I written. But we have no experience with RadioMaster receiver.

If it does not work, then the signal from the receiver is not OK probably.