It is currently Fri 29. Mar 2024 11:01:14

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 7:34:20 
Site Admin

Hello,

Your settings looks quite good.
I recommend to increase Pirouette Consistency to 175 first. What could interfere with tail performance a lot is Governor settings. It should not hold RPM too hard or also not be too soft. Somehow in the middle, because in both cases there is increased demand for tail servo.
So you can adjust gains for the governor.

On the other hand please check that belt is not slipping during hard load. It is the easiest to verify this in the pitch pumping. You should not hear any slipping.

It is possible that your Gyro Gain is too high, please note it is defined in the settings directly, not through a channel.

Also please make sure that you have all banks configured in the similar way for tail, because one can forgot to set other banks.

PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 12:49:19 

Hi,
the belt tension is ok.

At least adjusting the YGE Governor (i reduced P and I by one point) made the tail issue a little bit better. The next problem was that the tail slided in elevator flight to both sides a little bit away (positiv ccw/negativ cw) so i set Revomix to 0 what helped. On the other hand the Governor loses now at little of its sharpness what`s a pity.

After all the airobatics are now more precise. But the tail issue is still present. So i have to say that i am a little disappointed with the change to the Spirit System. I hope that you will solve this problem in the future.

Thx and regards
Stephan

PostPosted: Mon 24. Oct 2022 18:51:57 

After all i have changed the servo arm length from 14mm (Limit 130 each side) to 16mm (Limit 100) and the tail feels much better now. Delay is at 0. The issue that the tail goes with the torque is better but still present.

Do you think using the Spirit gov would make a better tail performance?

Regards

PostPosted: Thu 27. Oct 2022 6:17:19 
Site Admin

Hello,

I am afraid there is nothing to resolve in the Spirit unit. Tail can work actually better than with any other competition unit, because Spirit units are reacting much faster. Internal loop is running at 1000Hz. Actually you can see how Pro pilots are flying with Spirit.
The only thing is each unit require different mechanical settings.
So if you will just swap the units it might work better with one with for example servo arm at 14, second with 18mm.
With Spirit tail should work very well even with stock settings, if not, it is in 99% mechanical issue.
For example VBar units are preconfigured with revomix and cyclic mix, which on the other hand will mitigate some mechanical issues. But it can`t work that precisely in other situations.

Can you let me know what angles are set for collective pitch? If they are way too high, it can cause the problems too.
If there was other FBL system on the very same model then the best is to use similar angles.

The easiest check to see if mechanics is good is to hover the model and observe if tail is hunting. If mechanics is perfectly smooth there should be no movement and it should be rock solid.

Could you by chance record a video? Unfortunately it is very hard to help with some odd behavior like this without seeing what is happening.

Can you share your current settings? I fear there is something wrong if changing Revomix to 0 was actually helpful. Revomix should always help if configured to 2-3 with problem like you have. If not, then it is possible the Mounting Position of the unit and servo setup was not OK.

If changing servo arm length improved behavior then it can be possibly even better with longer arm.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Oct 2022 14:54:08 
Site Admin

Here you can see a video from one of our Team Pilot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-GCVFE ... iscoMeglia

I will ask for their settings, since 3 Team Pilots are flying with Specter 700.

PostPosted: Thu 27. Oct 2022 16:06:05 

Is he using the Spirit Gov?

PostPosted: Fri 28. Oct 2022 9:55:18 
Site Admin

No, he has ESC governor.
YGE governor can also work very well, so there is no need to change Governor.

PostPosted: Fri 28. Oct 2022 15:00:55 

After the change of the servo arm length form 14 to 17 (not 16) had a better result, i changed once more today to 20mm (Limits 85 each side). And what should i say it was again an improvement. So after all i must say increasing the servo arm length and reducing P + I in the YGE Gov helped me with the Problem. Now the tail holds nearly like it should. I`m fine with the tail now.

Maybe i will experiment in the future an reduce the YGE P + I for 1 point again to see what happens and surely i will also test the Spirit Gov next time.

Thank you for your support
Stephan

PostPosted: Tue 22. Nov 2022 0:34:28 

A little update about the final settings. At least i decreased the P & I parameter in my Aureus for 2 pionts, set the Servoarm length at 20mm, and centered the tail pitch slider where the blades have 0 degree. In the Spirit i set for the tail: Delay 0/Piro Consistency 185/Revomix 0/Rudder Dynamic 7.
With that the tail stops in both directions perfect, and the tail holds position during pitch pumps like it should!

PostPosted: Tue 22. Nov 2022 18:37:28 

Hello Airjunkie,
thanks a lot for your update ! This is really very valuable information and precisely because I will also build an XLPower 700 SpecterV2 NME and then this information is very helpful !
Thanks very much !

Regards
Matthias