It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:28:54

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 21. Jul 2022 3:03:51 

Just install my new Geo link 2 . tried to calibrate but it just had a green light on ....Do I need to calibrate the Geo link for North America use or it should be OK ?

PostPosted: Thu 21. Jul 2022 10:03:16 

I remember time ago Thomas wrote that all geolink are calibrated from them in Czech rep.
but if you use it very far from there, is better to calibrate them.

I guess USA is far enough :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu 21. Jul 2022 12:30:54 

18 8:05 am
I remember time ago Thomas wrote that all geolink are calibrated from them in Czech rep.
but if you use it very far from there, is better to calibrate them.

I guess USA is far enough :mrgreen
Sorry but that’s not the question . The question to Tomas was why the Geolink doesn’t go in calibration mode ( blue flashing light) instead it has green light ( constant) after requesting calibration .

PostPosted: Thu 21. Jul 2022 18:24:44 

I had a rubber band around mine to hold it in place while doing calibration and the light was green. As soon as i removed rubber band it went to blue.

PostPosted: Mon 25. Jul 2022 9:13:06 
Site Admin

Calibration is always required and highly recommended as described in the manual.

With GeoLink v2 - when calibration process is running green light is ON and blue light is blinking during movement.
When it is finished, green light will be turned off while blue led will start to flash periodically.

Calibration itself is very same as with v1. But v1 had only one LED.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Aug 2022 8:49:36 

Not need to calibrated, in US the North is the same as in the EU ! :idea:

ZeXx86 wrote:
Calibration is always required and highly recommended as described in the manual.

With GeoLink v2 - when calibration process is running green light is ON and blue light is blinking during movement.
When it is finished, green light will be turned off while blue led will start to flash periodically.

Calibration itself is very same as with v1. But v1 had only one LED.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Aug 2022 8:54:22 
Site Admin

Calibration is recommended even if you are moving just 30km away.
There are many factors that are playing a role and changing magnetic field. So please proceed according manual.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Aug 2022 14:55:09 

Okay, but before start a calbration check the 90º-94º nose direction to the North, if it so, not need to make a calibration ! :idea:

ZeXx86 wrote:
Calibration is recommended even if you are moving just 30km away.
There are many factors that are playing a role and changing magnetic field. So please proceed according manual.

PostPosted: Tue 02. Aug 2022 20:39:26 
Site Admin

It is highly recommended ALWAYS to perform calibration if changing flying field place when distance is few km away or more.

Magnetic field is different in all 3 axes, not only in one axis. Absolutely it does not mean when you see same number then calibration is not needed. Even if you see exact number. Yes, it will most likely work, but can be imprecise in some cases.
Magnetic field is fluctuating between each area and in order to have correct measurement for all axes you need to calibrate again.

It is much more complex then it could seem to be and the field is analysed and measured in all possible directions during calibration.

PostPosted: Wed 03. Aug 2022 8:16:30 

:oops: As I say before, just check it in the Software, after that on the FLying field, if you switch the returning home, and the Heli comes to the take off point, than it's okay so easy is it ! Why make simple Things so complicated, and by the way we have some Flying days in the year, with different locations, I not like imagination all my Heli's to calibrate the GeoLink, it's nearly impossible , specially with the 700 and 800 size ! :oops: By the way, you calibrate your compass in your smart phone everytime you change the location? :ugeek:

ZeXx86 wrote:
It is highly recommended ALWAYS to perform calibration if changing flying field place when distance is few km away or more.

Magnetic field is different in all 3 axes, not only in one axis. Absolutely it does not mean when you see same number then calibration is not needed. Even if you see exact number. Yes, it will most likely work, but can be imprecise in some cases.
Magnetic field is fluctuating between each area and in order to have correct measurement for all axes you need to calibrate again.

It is much more complex then it could seem to be and the field is analysed and measured in all possible directions during calibration.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next