It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 5:48:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 20. Jul 2022 16:29:17 

You have to check in the PC software that both magnets work.

Under General, Speed governor / Throttle. There you will find the test button at the bottom, where you can check that it changes from active to inactive. If this works, you can set the speed on the actual page. You do this via a throttle line. You will then see that the controller wants to maintain a speed of 1700 with a straight line of 80% and 1950 with 90%.

You first have to check whether this works. I am also not sure if the gov. can change the speed without bank switching. I haven't tried that yet.

PostPosted: Thu 21. Jul 2022 3:39:14 

If the "gov engaged" does show in the log, the governor isn't engaging and explains why the throttle falls of anytime to add collective.

Couple of basic tests:
In the General>governor section, click on settings and in the pop up menu click on tester. I think you went through this a number times seeing if the Spirit software sees the two "north" magnets you installed. If the tester doesn't see both magnets that will be a problem.

Make sure the throttle range is also set. In my jeti, when I want to verify the throttle ranges are correct, I change the throttle curve so that it has a range of zero to 100. Then confirm in the diagnostic window of Sprit software that it also reads zero to 100. If it doesn't use your travel adj to make it agree. After that is done, go back to the Spirit software, governor settings and adjust the throttle range, so that at zero throttle curve the low throttle range in Spirit closes the carb completely. Then go to full throttle and be sure the max range is the maximum the carb can open.

Make sure you have the number of magnets right, and the gear ratio, etc. I think you did that already.

In the gov settings window, when you switch to the flight mode switch that is set for the a given RPM, that window does show that that rpm is requested, correct. It doesn't give you some weird number?

I hope that helps, good luck, report back.

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jul 2022 11:50:52 

@Dan and Scott:
thank you for your input.
both magnets are recognized, at both magnets the text changes from active to inactive within the test window of the software.
It also shows the correct requested headspeed if the switch for the flight mode is set to a mode with a requested rpm. (in my case 1630 and 1900rpm)
the trottle curve is also set, I thought the issue was that it was "-0%" and "100%" before adjustment. It's now "0%" and "100%" but this did not solve the issue.
gear ratio is also set, but it looses every time the second position after the decimal point, so if I insert "7.86" after saving and looking at the value it is alwas "7.8". I guess this does not have any influence.

remaining test options are
1. lowering the spoolup speed
2. using the bank switch. (first bank for engine startup, second for e.g. 1600rpm and third for 1900rpm)

I will get back to this as soon as I have some result... Thank you guys.
Kay

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jul 2022 12:11:55 

Kay,
The only thing you didn't mention in this last post is that you set the throttle range in the gov pop up window.

I don't use banks, never had a problem with gov engaging.

Hopefully Tomas can make a suggestion.

One thing that I do whenever I run into an odd situation, after saving the settings, is to perform a unit reset back to factory defaults and then reload my settings. I have cured odd behavior this way.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jul 2022 12:56:46 

@Scott: well, sorry for my unclear description, I meant this by writing "the trottle curve is also set, I thought the issue was that it was "-0%" and "100%" before adjustment. It's now "0%" and "100%" but this did not solve the issue."

...so I will also test the reset of the unit and reload the saved settings.

best regards, Kay

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jul 2022 13:06:50 

Key,
So there are two places to set throttle range, 1) in the diagnostic tab, so that Spirit confirms the Tx is sending throttle range within parameters, and the 2) is in the Governor popup window. I don't know why, but I suspect the governor uses this and only this range for the gov operation.

Good luck, Scott

PostPosted: Fri 22. Jul 2022 14:26:44 

Kay
I too have been playing with my Gov settings for a long time before I got it to perform the way I wanted, my heli is a .55 but the settings should be close.
What is your Holding limit value? (default is 80%), 80% works great for electric but for nitro you will get inconsistent headspeed especially when doing pitch pumps.
I had to reduce my value down to 50%, this will allow the throttle servo to compensate and maintain a consistent headspeed.
just one more setting to try.
good luck.

PostPosted: Sun 07. Aug 2022 20:11:40 

Hi,
after hours of testing and resetting values I still don't get it. I still do not see any message like "governer engaged" or something like this in the log.
I set the spirit to default settings and reloaded it with the values from the saved file. I switched the spool up from slow to very slow. I also set the holding limit to 75%, than 50% than 40%. I also changed the holding performance and the governor response from 5 to 8 and than to 2. I changed every parameter at one time, than save settings, than repower the system and did a short test flight. At least I did not see this overshooting of the headspeed at all these tests.
From the hardware I changed from the align sensor to the spirit sensor and than added a second acive magnet.
Why is it that complicated to get a simple governor working? What do I am looking for?
best regards, Kay

PostPosted: Sun 07. Aug 2022 20:51:02 

If you upload your spirit file I’d be glad to look at it. Unless the log shows governor engaged, changing any of the performance settings won’t matter.

And you did say you set the throttle range in both the diagnostic tab and the governor window?

PostPosted: Mon 08. Aug 2022 16:55:18 

Hi Scott, here is the file. Thank you in advance. I have no

Yes, the trottle is set in the diagnostic tab and the gov window...

Attachments:
20220808_173915.jpg
20220808_173915.jpg [ 207.18 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]
20220808_173844.jpg
20220808_173844.jpg [ 239.4 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]
DS12_2Magnete_20220808.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 7 times

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next