It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 11:53:20

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:33:04 
Site Admin

I am afraid, but I can recommend reading about R/C helicopter mechanics or to draw mechanics at paper.

If mechanics is all correct, then zero degrees between main blades is at position in the middle.
If it is really in the middle, then positive and negative pitch should be exactly equal precisely.

If not, then there is Servo Travel Correction which is exactly for this purpose.

Why we should add another, unnecesary parameter to make setup more complicated and add additional problems for scenarios where people will misuse this parameter?

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:39:19 

It is the same using a collective curve or adjust it on the Transmitter or adjust the endpoints ,
all this is the same!
The Travel ( ALL) must be setup and adjustet in the software of the flybarless system,
all other is Bullshit ! Believe me.

Dr.Fleming wrote:
Thanks for the advice, but I know with endpoint on the transmitter it can adjust,
but this is not the idea of a good working Flybarless !
A good working flybarless system, must know by own software the limits, like you adjust the tail !!
Only with this you can take all the potential of a Flybarless system !
Until you make a cosmetical adjust, it will not work as it must !

It's a shame about GT, good and luxurious hardware, but the software is not up to par! It's a Labyrinth, to adjust one thing you have to go to several windows, it's like chaos! But that happens many times with updates, you update but at the same time you don't simplify the software, it's the same when you start putting sticky Memos on the fridge door, in the end you lose visibility!

Habásek wrote:
Because you set the range and it is the same for + i - ... and if you want to fine-tune it using a bookmark Servos (picture) or in the transmitter using a collective curve :-D

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:42:01 

Complicated is actually, that you don’t have the possibility on the main and first setup
( SETUP WIZARD ) to adjust the correct Travel for the Head ! Only the Positive side !

If that will be possible, you don't need to search for a window that can adjust the Servo Travel correction,
in there you destroy the setup for the GeoLink !! ???

ZeXx86 wrote:
I am afraid, but I can recommend reading about R/C helicopter mechanics or to draw mechanics at paper.

If mechanics is all correct, then zero degrees between main blades is at position in the middle.
If it is really in the middle, then positive and negative pitch should be exactly equal precisely.

If not, then there is Servo Travel Correction which is exactly for this purpose.

Why we should add another, unnecesary parameter to make setup more complicated and add additional problems for scenarios where people will misuse this parameter?

Last edited by Dr.Fleming on Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:43:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:42:26 
Site Admin

Quote:
It is the same using a collective curve or adjust it on the Transmitter or adjust the endpoints ,
all this is the same!

This is correct statement, but this is wrong too if you want to adjust positive and negative pitch to be equal with your radio settings - Pitch Curve.

Only correct way is to set mechanical center precisely in the FBL unit + mechanically. Servo arms should be set to center with Subtrims in the FBL unit while the rest with push rods mechanically.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:44:59 

Upload a video ( Youtube) and show me that you mechanicly setup the Pitch, 13º plus and 13- on a 120º!

ZeXx86 wrote:
Quote:
all this is the same!

This is correct statement, but this is wrong too if you want to adjust positive and negative pitch to be equal with your radio settings - Pitch Curve.

Only correct way is to set mechanical center precisely in the FBL unit + mechanically. Servo arms should be set to center with Subtrims in the FBL unit while the rest with push rods mechanically.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:48:32 

I have special tools for this to center mechanicly 0º in the middle. Butr again the real result is the follow,
if you adjust the correct + pitch, than you have more negative, if you adjust less positive,
you have less negative, inpossible to adjust it mechanicly !
It is so easy to implement on the setup software, to adjus the negatice, like on the tail
the left and right side adjustment, so folks no more time I must work hope my idea will receive
some fruits.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Quote:
all this is the same!

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:49:01 
Site Admin

Maybe you are not getting the point why it is done in this way.

ALL other ways to reach equal positive and negative pitch by software are WRONG.
Why? Because the most servos are running at sinusoidal travel, not linear.
In other words servos have servo arms that are moving up and down not stright, but around the circle.

Whatever you will do by software will not FIX sinusoidal mechanical travel.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:54:35 
Site Admin

Quote:
if you adjust the correct + pitch, than you have more negative, if you adjust less positive,
you have less negative, inpossible to adjust it mechanicly !

Have you ever thought why? Have you found actual reason why it is different?

Because the only reasons can be imprecision of mechanics or wrong procedure.
If you really want to build your models well then you will wish to have precise mechanics too.
This is possible even with models from HobbyKing.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:57:16 

Correct and this is what I was talking all the time, therefore it will be great
if in the SETUP WIZARD it's possble to adjust the two ways on the Head, and not only
the Positive pitch !

ZeXx86 wrote:
Maybe you are not getting the point why it is done in this way.

ALL other ways to reach equal positive and negative pitch by software are WRONG.
Why? Because the most servos are running at sinusoidal travel, not linear.
In other words servos have servo arms that are moving up and down not stright, but around the circle.

Whatever you will do by software will not FIX sinusoidal mechanical travel.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 11:13:50 
Site Admin

We could add Servo Travel Correction to the Setup Wizard. But this would increase misuse cases as people will not think and will not try to find real reasons why they are getting unequal pitch. With the most models it is possible to set it really well even without Servo Travel Correction.
People are taking the easiest and fastest ways to reach their goal, especially if there is quick access to it. But this does not mean these ways are correct.
Then there would be much more questions and disatisfaction why their rescue mode is not moving model UP, why GeoLink function is wrong or even why model is moving odd when doing tic tocs, etc.