It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:32:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 8:54:21 

Hi, why it's not possible to adjust the negative Pitch with the Setup Wizard or the software at all !?? :cry:

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 8:57:11 

Go into servo tab, then servo travel correction at the bottom right hand side...

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 8:59:49 

Because you set the range and it is the same for + i - ... and if you want to fine-tune it using a bookmark Servos (picture) or in the transmitter using a collective curve :-D

Attachments:
2022-06-03_095912.jpg
2022-06-03_095912.jpg [ 103.23 KiB | Viewed 160 times ]

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 9:00:38 
Site Admin

If you need to set positive and negative pitch separately then in the most cases it mean that your mechanical center was not configured correctly.
For this reason positive and negative pitch does not match. There are some models that have asymetric travel due to wrong servo placement or servo arm lengths, so it might be required at these models. Also some servos are not moving equally even when they are same.
For these cases there is Servo travel correction.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:13:24 

It is impossible to get mechanically 13º plus and 13º negative ! Even with 100% centering!

Why it’s posible to do it with the Tail !??

But with the cheapest Flybarless system it’s possible adjust + and -, Head and Tail !!
Please update the SW .
I prefer not touch this feature Servo Travel , I learn from this a lot. And I recommend to user don’t use this .

ZeXx86 wrote:
If you need to set positive and negative pitch separately then in the most cases it mean that your mechanical center was not configured correctly.
For this reason positive and negative pitch does not match. There are some models that have asymetric travel due to wrong servo placement or servo arm lengths, so it might be required at these models. Also some servos are not moving equally even when they are same.
For these cases there is Servo travel correction.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:19:25 

This resolve only the º, but later if you Fly with GeoLink , you will have problems of all colours,
this cost me hundreds of hours and on year after hundreds of Test Fly’s !
Better don't touch this, this function uis only if your swashplate has pre-war Servos and different makes or Technical specifications !
If you run good quality and same servos specifications on swashplate you don’t need to touch Travel correction,
senseless setup feature ! :lol:

10x wrote:
Go into servo tab, then servo travel correction at the bottom right hand side...

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:21:30 
Site Admin

Hello,

we are not going to change the software in this way, because we wish that people are trying to configure their models correctly.
If you really understand RC helicopter model, model is designed properly and built well, positive and negative pitch MUST be equal.
If you will set it so there is not equal pitch then it will affect performance all the time rendering ton of new issues.

Why is it possible with tail? Because tail is not symetric and to obtain identical effect you need different throws at both sides.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:24:36 
Site Admin

Dr.Fleming wrote:
This resolve only the º, but later if you Fly with GeoLink , you will have problems of all colours...

You will have problems of all kinds if you will set positive/negative pitch (center) incorrectly. This is exactly one of the reasons why we dont intend to change the settings.
Because basically everything from FBL is based on this base setup. If base setup is incorrect, then all these features can work with bad performance.

Then people are searching problems in GeoLink or Rescue setup, while the problem is in very base setup. So it is really recommended to do basic settings correctly. Then there is much higher chance you do not have to tune model thorougly, but will fly well after small tweaks, including all other functions.

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:28:28 

Thanks for the advice, but I know with endpoint on the transmitter it can adjust,
but this is not the idea of a good working Flybarless !
A good working flybarless system, must know by own software the limits, like you adjust the tail !!
Only with this you can take all the potential of a Flybarless system !
Until you make a cosmetical adjust, it will not work as it must !

It's a shame about GT, good and luxurious hardware, but the software is not up to par! It's a Labyrinth, to adjust one thing you have to go to several windows, it's like chaos! But that happens many times with updates, you update but at the same time you don't simplify the software, it's the same when you start putting sticky Memos on the fridge door, in the end you lose visibility!

Habásek wrote:
Because you set the range and it is the same for + i - ... and if you want to fine-tune it using a bookmark Servos (picture) or in the transmitter using a collective curve :-D

PostPosted: Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:32:25 

Hi, yes maybe I have no idea or newbie, I only fly Helicopter since 1980, the first ones with Schluetter !
I Fly the first Flybarless and the first with GPS!
And built Drones with GPS 25 years ago, from scratch, Electronic soldering programming ect ect.
Maybe I don’t know, maybe need some more lessons!?

I repeat again , it is not possble to adjust + - º Mechanically , only by the point that the Servos not due this
and not have the capacity to reproduce the exactly same way in the two directions !!

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

we are not going to change the software in this way, because we wish that people are trying to configure their models correctly.
If you really understand RC helicopter model, model is designed properly and built well, positive and negative pitch MUST be equal.
If you will set it so there is not equal pitch then it will affect performance all the time rendering ton of new issues.

Why is it possible with tail? Because tail is not symetric and to obtain identical effect you need different throws at both sides.

Last edited by Dr.Fleming on Fri 03. Jun 2022 10:37:12, edited 4 times in total.