It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 10:51:16

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Elevator wobble
PostPosted: Mon 18. Apr 2022 15:40:45 

Hi I hope someone is able to assist as I have tuned up and down any values which looked relevant to try and get rid of this behavior.

When I do half piro flips the heli will wobble on elevator when the collective is more or less at center. If I do only the first half of a half piro flip(tail-in right way up to tail-in inverted) there is a severe wobble on the elevator. The same wobble comes back when I complete the half piro flip. I thought it may have to do with the angle the heli lands on and tested landing with nose to right and left but the wobble remains on the elevator.

It is on a Henseleit TDSF running at 1100rpm. The main thing I have changed was the Rotation speed - Cyclic from 8 to 10 whereas everything else was left at default after setup. I really want it at 10 as it feels amazing. I have tried 9 but its too slow and 8 just seems very sluggish.

Since this change the wobble became very apparent and I have so far got it better by changing Advanced - Elevator filter from 2 to 4 and Advanced - Cyclic feed forward from 6 to 1 (I recall it being 6 by default but I may be wrong).

Changing Sensor - Cyclic gain from 65 down to 40 and up to 85 had no apparent change....NONE that I could feel or see.

Attached is a backup of my setup.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments:
20220418SpiritSettings.4ds [255 Bytes]
Downloaded 12 times

Post subject: Re: Elevator wobble
PostPosted: Mon 18. Apr 2022 17:22:34 

Hi,

I would compare my settings with viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4208 and - if necessary - ask Timo for support: he's the one to know for sure about TDSF and Spirit ;)

Ciao
Michael

PostPosted: Tue 19. Apr 2022 13:22:17 

Hi Michael

Thanks so much for your response I really appreciate it!

Yep you are definitely right....if there is someone that will know it will be Timo :lol:

I am loading Timo's settings he shared on his post and will report back after the test flight, hopefully this coming weekend.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon 06. Jun 2022 13:13:31 

Finally had a few chances to try Timo's settings and they actually worsened the problem which I find very weird.

I have reached out to Timo on friend face but have not received a response yet so hope that their is someone else that has any suggestions as to what I can try.

I will say this though.....when I up the rpm to 1500 the wobble is MUCH less. Is it possible the dampening is too soft? I fly roughly at 1100 rpm most of the time and love doing fast half piro flips and fast full piro flips but this wobble puts me off it. If I fly these maneuvers very slow there is no wobble its only when I do them fast. As much as I tried I cannot duplicate them on aileron...the heli always wobbles on elevator when the collective reversal happens regardless of the orientation at that stage.

Any ideas would be welcome!

PostPosted: Mon 06. Jun 2022 13:24:50 
Site Admin

Hi,

you can increase Flight Style to 8 and then set Geometry 6° lower by 20 - 30 points. This should reduce wobbles significantly. It will have impact on rotation speed, so you might need some minor adjustments there too.