It is currently Fri 19. Apr 2024 23:57:12

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 6:21:53 

I set up a new Goblin Raw 700 in spirit wizard.
I used a copy of a goblin 500 model that I have in my transmitter where all the function work correctly.
From some reason, on the Raw700 , the throttle channel in the spirit software acts weird.
Once I flip the throttle hold it goes to -13% instead of -100 and when I switch to Idleup 1, 2 or 3 the values are Ok.
When I flip throttle hold again it remains on the values of the Idleup and doesn't even go down.
My throttle hold settings are set to the same on the goblin500 and on the Raw700 and supposed to send -100%.

What could be the problem?

note:
On my 500 model I use Hobbywing v4 120A and on the Raw700 a Hobbywing v4.1 200A.
I use Frsky rxsr with F.port on both helis.
Governor is in the spirit unit.
Tx is Radiomaster TX16S.
Both models in TX are nearly identical.

Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 9:57:16 

Hello,
I see you have TX16s, have you calibrated the values in the Diagnostic tab correctly and the directions (stick right and in the diagnostic tab also right and so on..) in the radio are the same like in the Diagnostic tab ?
I would argue that everything should be fine then - What about your outputs (in transmitter) what values do you see there ? Are they identical or different ?
I also have a TX16 myself, but haven't been dealing with opentx for that long, but I have already successfully implemented various models, but not with the Spirit FBL -

Best Regards
Mattes61

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 10:27:33 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello,
I see you have TX16s, have you calibrated the values in the Diagnostic tab correctly and the directions (stick right and in the diagnostic tab also right and so on..) in the radio are the same like in the Diagnostic tab ?
I would argue that everything should be fine then - What about your outputs (in transmitter) what values do you see there ? Are they identical or different ?
I also have a TX16 myself, but haven't been dealing with opentx for that long, but I have already successfully implemented various models, but not with the Spirit FBL -

Best Regards
Mattes61
Hi Mattes61,
I have the calibrated the values and direction on all channels.
This is my 4th heli with spirit GT on it.
All my helis share the same TX setup.
Only this heli makes me this throttle problem.

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 12:55:20 

Hello Lee Jordan,
what about your channel monitor in TX16S ? Are the values every time at throttle-hold the same if you get the -13% or the other values you mentioned (Idle up1/up2) ?
Maybe you can deactivate the spirit governor temporarily and then look at the Diagnostic tab how the throttle channel behaves ?
You also said that the two models in programming are nearly the same
How do these two models differ in terms of programming?
Maybe there is a relevant difference in the logic here, you would have to compare them against each other, maybe some error has crept in - maybe you can set your OpenTX file here, maybe someone can then double-check - here are some experienced users in the forum who are very familiar with OpenTx programming -
Personally, I don't think that this is primarily due to the Spirit FBL, I rather think that the problem is to be found in the programming of OpenTx - I would also like to be taught better, only at the moment I would have no other explanation -
On the other hand, you could double-check with the other FBL (loaded with the respective other model) whether the same behavior is shown or it is then different -
If the behavior is identical, then it is definitely due to the programming -

Many greetings
Mattes61

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 13:57:06 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello Lee Jordan,
what about your channel monitor in TX16S ? Are the values every time at throttle-hold the same if you get the -13% or the other values you mentioned (Idle up1/up2) ?
Maybe you can deactivate the spirit governor temporarily and then look at the Diagnostic tab how the throttle channel behaves ?
You also said that the two models in programming are nearly the same
How do these two models differ in terms of programming?
Maybe there is a relevant difference in the logic here, you would have to compare them against each other, maybe some error has crept in - maybe you can set your OpenTX file here, maybe someone can then double-check - here are some experienced users in the forum who are very familiar with OpenTx programming -
Personally, I don't think that this is primarily due to the Spirit FBL, I rather think that the problem is to be found in the programming of OpenTx - I would also like to be taught better, only at the moment I would have no other explanation -
On the other hand, you could double-check with the other FBL (loaded with the respective other model) whether the same behavior is shown or it is then different -
If the behavior is identical, then it is definitely due to the programming -

Many greetings
Mattes61
Mattes61, thanks for your reply.
I now connected the 505 model to the computer to se the values and I found that it also has only minus 13% on throttle hold.
This model flies on a daily basis.
So,
I took the blades off the Raw700 and checked for the first time if the motor works as I want and specifically if the throttle hold cuts the motor and it is running as intended.

In summary,
The model is flyable and will have its maiden flight done today.
I will investigate why this minus13%.
You suggested the FBL governor may ne the issue.
I'll check that.

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 13:58:25 
Site Admin

Hello,

throttle range in the Spirit Settings should display 0 - 100%. It should not go under 0%. If so, then not more than -5% is recommended.
Your radio is displaying range in a different way, so that 0% is actually -100% at display.
In your radio you should set all channels to +/- 87.5% range approxiately. Then it will fit with correct range, same as Futaba.

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 14:09:10 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

throttle range in the Spirit Settings should display 0 - 100%. It should not go under 0%. If so, then not more than -5% is recommended.
Your radio is displaying range in a different way, so that 0% is actually -100% at display.
In your radio you should set all channels to +/- 87.5% range approxiately. Then it will fit with correct range, same as Futaba.
Thanks.
Actually all my channels are set at about +-84% in order to achive the +-100% percent range on the spirit software.

If I understand you correct, then the Throttle is the only channel where the minimum is 0 and not -100 ( green bar centered?) ?

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 14:11:27 
Site Admin

Yes, you are right.
When green bar is centered, then you will see 50%. This correspond to centered stick if your throttle curve is from -100 to 100%.

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 14:16:28 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Yes, you are right.
When green bar is centered, then you will see 50%. This correspond to centered stick if your throttle curve is from -100 to 100%.
So when I want throttle hold what is the output I should set on my TX?

PostPosted: Mon 03. Jan 2022 14:20:01 
Site Admin

For throttle hold you should set -100% in your radio. This should correspond to 0%. But only if your channel travel is set to a lower percentage. Because SBUS output from TX16S is different than for Futaba.