It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 12:13:46

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed 19. Jan 2022 21:24:16 

I know right?

Certainly odd. One of the club members commented that several people have had issues with Spektrum radios at the club field, yet I've setup and flown several models for a friend (Trex 700L, Logo 550SX and Specter 700) at the same site without issues.
On the same day I lost my Trex 550, I flew his Logo 550SX (also Spirit GT, but with AR8020T/9747/iX20) and in a 5 minute flight only recorded 65 frame losses.

The same guy who mentioned other people having issues flies on a T16S - he showed me the spectrum analyser at the field and it showed no significant interference at the flight line. Could it be that the cell tower 200m away has a directional/line of sight antenna firing a beam at another more distant tower, and I flew in to that beam? Very difficult to prove and probably just me looking for more excuses.

I am grateful for your thoughts on this Matthias!

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jan 2022 15:47:45 

Hello Mike !
I don't want to look for excuses either, I'm only interested in the real reason why this could have happened - the stupid thing is only when we're looking for something that isn't actually the cause - I miss Tomas' feedback a bit here, if there again is investigated internally, especially since the telemetry values ​​logged on the Spirit GT are meaningless, just like in my test on the workbench - I would be more reassured if meaningful logged values ​​were stored on the Spirit GT, then that would only mean that the data transmission could have been faulty (radio link from receiver to transmitter) If that were the case, then I would rather look for the fault either in the environment (airfield), on the remote control or the receivers -
So I still suspect that the firmware isn't working properly yet - The bad thing is that we're discussing here for pages and don't see any progress - I would like Tomas to make a clear statement, either "We're not looking for more bugs here" or "We will check our firmware again" then you know where it is - we, as users, are willing to test it free of charge and unselfishly, but sometime is enough and if you can't expect any further help, then you close the topic and pull your own consequences -

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jan 2022 15:57:21 

Very good points Matthias.

Incidentally, the service centre have finished testing my DX9 and confirmed that the RF module is bad and output power is very low.

This explains why I lost signal and crashed. As soon as possible, I will test the repaired TX and see if the telemetry is still corrupted.

PostPosted: Thu 20. Jan 2022 16:31:49 

Hi Mike !
That is of course an explanation why you had a failure, then I'm very excited about your new test, hopefully with a good outcome, then we can go back to sleep or fly with peace of mind!

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Wed 02. Feb 2022 19:23:15 

Just curious, as the testing seems to be going well. Is there a date for the official release of 3.3.4?

-Eric

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 15:50:35 

Hi Eric,
yes the only thing that doesnt work correctly is in my opinion the telemetry after disconnected one satellite and then connect it again -
I am very curious of the test from Mike, if all works perfect now -
I hope he will give us soon an positive answer -

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 16:02:54 

I've not yet been able to continue testing. My faulty DX9 is still in for repair, and I've not yet been able to repair my 550 following the crash. I'll update here as soon as that changes.

All the best

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 16:25:54 

Hi Mike !
Thank's for your answer -
Nowadays, somehow everything takes longer - longer repair times, longer transport times and finally everything has become even more expensive -.
I hope you will soon hold your repaired DX9 in your hands again and then have a good muse to get your helicopter ready for takeoff again -
Until then, I also wish you all the best !

Many greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 22:46:53 

Hmmm... Let me see if I can replicate this in my setup... More to come!

-Eric

PostPosted: Thu 03. Feb 2022 23:38:03 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hi Mike !
Thank's for your answer -
Nowadays, somehow everything takes longer - longer repair times, longer transport times and finally everything has become even more expensive -.
I hope you will soon hold your repaired DX9 in your hands again and then have a good muse to get your helicopter ready for takeoff again -
Until then, I also wish you all the best !

Many greetings
Matthias

Thanks Matthias!

I've borrowed a friend's DX9 for the time being and hope to get the 550 repaired and flying again within the next couple of weeks. The weather is awful here in northwest UK anyway!

Interested in your findings Eric!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next