It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 20:36:32

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 16:27:28 

Hi Eric,
your test is unfortunately not correct because...
If you have an configuration and you are flying around it could not be that you have at one time no more a BEC- Voltage - If this will be so then also the FBL gets an Brown Out and will do reboot after getting back receivervoltage ! This means the heli initialize in the air at a arbitrary position and crashes - the heli is unflyable !!
To test if one receiver can overtake you only disconnect the satellite from the Ail-Pin and connect it for example in the sat1-port the sat should light up immediatelly an you can then steer all functions like before !

That's the way to test -

If you have two satellites you have to bind them at the same time and then you can easyly disconnect one satellite and nevertheless you have no signal loss and all sticks are working perfect -

Best Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 21:06:05 

Thank you Matthias!

I knew I must have been mistaken somewhere. To be sure I understand you correctly, my test configuration was invalid because I had only one SPM4651T connected when it was I was attempting to connect through the Sat1 or Sat2 ports. In other words, Sat1 and Sat2 ports of the SpiritGT only supports SRXL2 communications when a second receiver is connected to the ELE/PIT/AIL port. That's interesting.

So this configuration will work (note solid LED on 4651T)

Attachment:
ELEPITAIL Connect.pdf [234.93 KiB]
Downloaded 13 times

But this configuration will not work (note solid LED on 4651T)

Attachment:
Sat1 Connect.pdf [225.83 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times

That is what I'm experiencing (only the ELEPITAIL port works) but, it's not at all what I expected.

For the record, I wouldn't fly it with such a configuration but, for testing purposes I thought it should work. Any SRXL2 receiver plugged in to any port with SRXL2 configured should work. I thought I read that.

-Eric

-Eric

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 23:14:26 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello again !
I have tested the configuration with Spirit GT (Fw.3.34) with SPM4651T and SPM9747 -
At first an important thing, all the satellites must be all bound at the same time !
If you do not so, the additional satellite will be not recogniced, even if he was previously bound alone with the remote control and the respective model number !
If you bind it all together all works fine with the different satellites !

You can put out any satellite ( of course only one of them...) and the other one will overtake and all signals are still present -
I have disconnected one time the 4651T, the other time the 9747 all works perfect - then I disconnected all satellites and changed the input of the satellites sat1 to sat2 or from the Ail-Pin to sat2 and from sat2 to Ail-Pin - all works perfect !

Of course I have multiple disconnected all two satellites, you see this in the flight log as an receiver signal lost and only then !

In my configuration all works like it should :D
At the moment I can't understand why it didn't work with Desmohead - maybe he can test it again ?

Best Regards
Matthias

Do you have telemetry enabled?

As per my earlier post, my 9747 (connected to SAT2) will take over control if I unplug the 4651T connected to the AIL port IF telemetry is disabled.

Unfortunately, if I re-enable telemetry this doesn't work and the original fault returns - unplugging the 4651T causes the model to failsafe, despite the 9747 remaining lit.

Please note that I have rebound the 4651T and 9747, taking care to do this at the same time (it is hard to hold two bind buttons AND connect an EC5 connector with only two hands :D )
I even tried binding at both 11ms and 22ms frame rate but this made no difference.

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 23:55:59 

Hello Eric,
I have tested the SPM4651T then the SPM9747 and then both together (three tests)-

At first step the SPM9747 at first binded at the Ail Pin - I didn't cut the power off but only unplugged the satellite and then plugged it into the sat1 port, then I unplugged it again and then plugged it in sat2 port and after that unplugged it and plugged it back into the Ail pin again - afterwards I had a connection again with all changes and could control all functions -

The start up (initialisation) was also tested with all ports and it works !

After that the same procedure with the SPM4651T and also the start up process - all works !

After that I have bound both satellites together (SPM4651T and SPM9747) and made the same tests, at first I disconnected one satellite, all works, then stuck the satellite back and disconnected the other satellite- all works !
All time ESC telemetry was disabled because I tested it with a 6-Cell NiMh accumulator, I had no ESC for bec voltage !

Best Regards
Matthias

Last edited 00.37 Uhr...

Last edited by Mattes61 on Sun 09. Jan 2022 0:42:32, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 0:12:50 

Hello besrekr,
no I haven't activatetd telemetry, because of an 6-Cell NiMh accumulator -

But that should not make any difference only that, that you could not plug in an sat in the sat1 port but only then in sat2 port -

You said that you have activated telemetry, have you pluged an TeleUnicable or other cable at sat1 port in these tests ? If not then you will get an failure and this doesn't work !

But this shouln't be a problem, that will only mean that you can't put any satellite in sat1 port -

One addendum, both satellites have possibility to transmit telemety so it should be possible that the other satellite can overtake this too -

Another thought, actually for a realistic test we would only ever have to shield the antennas of one satellite in such a way that it no longer receives anything 100%, only then can one see whether it works correctly. What is unrealistic is that we unplug satellites and then plug them in again and try to depict reality - Furthermore, I do not believe that if telemetry cannot be transmitted for a short time, the whole thing hangs, otherwise the flyby telemetry receivers would not work -
If that make problems in the Spirit FBL you must make additional changes in the firmware here so that nothing can hang up - Maybe Tomas can say something about that -

Best Regards
Matthias

Last edited 00.44 Uhr...

Last edited by Mattes61 on Sun 09. Jan 2022 0:44:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 0:38:06 

Yep, the ESC is connected with a telemetry cable to SAT1. All I've done is flash 3.3.4 and change the telemetry setting.

Reading the new posts here has made me realise there are a couple of permutations I might have missed in my testing. I'll do further and more thorough, methodical testing ASAP. Hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help investigating and testing this :)

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 0:48:42 

Hello berserkr,
please see my previous post that I had edited at 00.44 Uhr -

Greetings
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 1:03:49 

Hello all !
We need a test pilot to test the configuration of satellit 4651T and 9747 with connected telemetry, who can do that? Before doing this, it must of course be ensured that nothing hangs up due to the possibly missing telemetry -
Would that help us ? :o :x

Best Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 1:31:11 

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello berserkr,
please see my previous post that I had edited at 00.44 Uhr -

Thanks!

Mattes61 wrote:
Hello all !
We need a test pilot to test the configuration of satellit 4651T and 9747 with connected telemetry, who can do that? Before doing this, it must of course be ensured that nothing hangs up due to the possibly missing telemetry -
Would that help us ? :o :x

I have already flown my 550X with the 4651T alone, and also with the 9747 connected as well. Integration and telemetry have been working flawlessly. In fact, the whole setup seemed perfect and I've fallen in love with the Spirit GT.
However, I was experiencing high signal frame losses and even a hold in flight. This is what caused me to add the 9747.
Adding the 9747 didn't improve the frame losses, so I started more testing and ended up opening this forum thread.

I actually think unplugging the primary receiver (4651T in AIL) is a fair test. I want to know that if the RX cable failed in flight, the 9747 connected with a separate cable would provide redundancy.

PostPosted: Sun 09. Jan 2022 12:21:01 

Hello berserkr,
I have tested it in this way with my test configuration on the table, there it works - now it would be good if you can test that with the new firmware 3.3.4 in your Spirit FBL and then flying around with your heli - you must see an difference in my opinion - That would be great !
What do you think about it ?

Best Regards
Matthias

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next