It is currently Sat 20. Apr 2024 2:20:41

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 07. Jan 2022 14:22:56 
Site Admin

Hello,

the firmware should be visible from now for your Spirit 2 and GT units. If you can't see it as 3.3.4 please send me private message with serial number of your unit.
No need to change anything after flashing.

PostPosted: Fri 07. Jan 2022 16:00:17 

I see it and have successfully flashed my SpiritGT with 3.3.4

-Eric

PostPosted: Fri 07. Jan 2022 16:05:49 

Hello Tomas !
Excellent ! I have tested only with one SPM9747 (Fw.2.44) - At first I had bound it to Ail-Pin as usual - Binding works without a problem - I testet in Diagnostic Tab if all the sticks (Rudder, throttle/pitch, elevator and aileron) all works like expected -
At first I disconnected this connection (AIL) and then reconnected via the sat1 port, everything worked again without any problems, then I disconnected the connection and reconnected via the sat2 port, everything worked perfectly - finally I disconnected the connection again and connected then via the Ail-Pin, everything worked fine here too - finally I disconnected the connection and then reconnected via the ail pin - everything worked without any problems - from my point of view the problem is now solved with that - thank you very much Tomas and many thanks to your team ! :D

The only thing that still doesn't work is the integration with my old DX8 Gen2, but first I have to investigate whether the current firmware is on it, because I report separately from it!

Enclosed as a pdf file the FlightLog with the respective connection interruptions, since I only tested with an SPM9747 -

Many greetings
Matthias

Attachments:
spirit-log-2022-01-07-150453.pdf [71.64 KiB]
Downloaded 12 times

PostPosted: Fri 07. Jan 2022 16:47:35 

Hello Tomas, hello all !

A little addendum on the non-functioning integration:
My old DX8 Gen2 firmware-update from 2.03 to 2.08 --> The integration works without any problems !
You can stick the sat in any port by start-up it will be always recogniced !
That means you can put the sat in Ail or sat1 or sat2 - it works eyerytime !

I'm curious what the other colleagues can say about it, because I was only able to test it with this one sat (SPM9747) -

Congratulations Tomas and team! Well done ! :D

Best Regards
Matthias

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 4:54:47 

Ran some basic preliminary tests with a single SPM4651T

1) Connected SPM4651T to SpiritGT via the Spirit SRXL2 PPM-style cable to Rud and Electric/Pit/Ail port. Bound SPM4651T with it's bind button. Connected to the Spirit software and on the diagnostics tab, all control inputs worked as normal.

2) Connected the same bound SPM4651T to the SpiritGT via the Spirit SRXL2 Satellite Adapter cable to Sat1 port. Powered up, have solid light on the SPM4651T. Connected to the Spirit software but on the diagnostics tab, no response to any control inputs.

3) Same result as 2) after rebinding the SPM4651T while plugged into the Sat1 port

4) Same result as 2) when connecting the SPM4651T to the sat2 port.

In my case with the SPM4651T, only the Spirit SRXL2 PPM-style cable to Rud and Electric/Pit/Ail port works.

-Eric

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 13:26:09 

Hello !
Today I have tested the 4651T to at all ports (Ail, sat1, sat2) -
At first I have stucked in Ail-Pin bound with the transmitter and checked with the diagnostic tab all works how it should - i disconnected from thei Ail-Pin and reconnected after a short time, all works perfect - Then I disconnected it from Ail-Pin and waited a little and connectet at the sat1-port, all works perfect ! Then I disconnectet from the sat1, waited a little and then connected again at the sat1-port, all works again perfect - then I disconnected from sat1-port, waited a little and connected it with the sat2-port, it works how it should - After that I disconnected form the sat2-port, waited a little and connected again with the sat2-port, all works fine again !
After that I disconnected form sat2-port, waited a little and connected back to the Ail-Pin, all works perfect again - At last I disconnected from the Ail-Pin, waited a little and putted back again to the Ail-Pin and then all works perfect again !
For the first test you get here my FlightLog as addendum...

Last to test is the boot up from the different ports (Ail or sat1 or sat2) -

I tested the start-up at all ports (Ail, sat1, sat2) and it works perfect -
One little incident at the first start-up in sat1-port was that the Spirit Settings Software sees no Com-Port -
I closed Spirit Settings and then started immediatelly again and then it works without any problem -

I my construction all works perfect (Spirit GT with 3.34 spec-firmware and the SPM4651T) -

My last test will be with SPM4651T and SPM9747 together, but not in this post, there I will make a new post here -

Best Regards
Matthias

Attachments:
spirit-log-2022-01-08-125012.pdf [70.15 KiB]
Downloaded 8 times

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 14:07:45 

Hello again !
I have tested the configuration with Spirit GT (Fw.3.34) with SPM4651T and SPM9747 -
At first an important thing, all the satellites must be all bound at the same time !
If you do not so, the additional satellite will be not recogniced, even if he was previously bound alone with the remote control and the respective model number !
If you bind it all together all works fine with the different satellites !

You can put out any satellite ( of course only one of them...) and the other one will overtake and all signals are still present -
I have disconnected one time the 4651T, the other time the 9747 all works perfect - then I disconnected all satellites and changed the input of the satellites sat1 to sat2 or from the Ail-Pin to sat2 and from sat2 to Ail-Pin - all works perfect !

Of course I have multiple disconnected all two satellites, you see this in the flight log as an receiver signal lost and only then !

In my configuration all works like it should :D
At the moment I can't understand why it didn't work with Desmohead - maybe he can test it again ?

Best Regards
Matthias

Attachments:
spirit-log-2022-01-08-133822.pdf [72.84 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 14:25:57 

I'm very encouraged by your results! I'm going to double check the firmware version on my 4651T's and retest. I'll post my results.

-Eric

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 15:36:27 

OK Tomas, I've now updated my GT to 3.3.4 - thanks!

After some more testing I have found:

The new firmware has partially fixed the issue. as long as telemetry is disabled, the 9747 (connected to either SAT1 or SAT2) will take over from the 4651T (in AIL port) immediately. There is no failsafe and the handover is seamless.

However, as soon as I enable Hobbywing telemetry the issue re-appears. The model again goes to failsafe if the 4651T is unplugged.

I am very grateful for your help so far, but I need telemetry active. Is there a way around this please?

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 15:48:27 

Hi Matthias,

I must be doing something wrong. Still no luck. This is what I've done:

1) I verified the firmware on the SPM4651T and discovered that is was 2.42 (older version). I successfully updated to 2.44 (current version)

2) I connected the SpiritGT to the Spirit Settings Software (Version 3.3.3) and confirmed that the installed firmware on the SpiritGT was 3.3.4

3) I connected the SPM4651T to the SpiritGT via the ELE/PIT/AIL port, powered up and confirmed that I had a solid light on the receiver.

4) I navigated to the General page and confirmed that the Receiver setting is set to SRXL2

5) I navigated to the Diagnostics page and verified that all channels are working properly.

6) I removed the SPM4651T from the ELE/PIT/AIL port and installed in the Sat1 port using the Spirit SRXL2 adapter cable.

7) I powered up, connected to the Spirit Settings Software, navigated to the Diagnostics tab and sadly, no channels worked.

8) I attempted the same on Sat2 but no channels worked.

I'm doing my binding via the bind button on the SPM4651T while it is connected to the Spirit2.

I've verified that no matter which port I have the SPM4651T plugged into, the LED on the receiver is solid when my transmitter is on and goes out when I turn my transmitter off.

I've purchased my SRXL2 Adapter cable from Spirit but to be sure I verified that each pin has continuity and minimal resistance and the the pinout is correct.

I must be doing something silly. (I really wanted to help!)

Attachment:
Spirit Software Connection Tab.jpg
Spirit Software Connection Tab.jpg [ 68.02 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]

Attachment:
Image 1-8-22 at 9.30 AM.jpg
Image 1-8-22 at 9.30 AM.jpg [ 74.21 KiB | Viewed 127 times ]

Best
-Eric

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next