It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 12:57:02

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 17:59:29 

you can have both using banks :-)

just assign a free channel to the bank switching

then always be sure to make any parameter modification on all banks after you start using them
you can use the "bank comparison" function to check ( <-> button in backup tab )

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 18:18:49 

urgno,

Thanks. One question......If you have automatic Rescue set in one bank and Manual rescue set in another bank, when you use the manual rescue in the bank with manual rescue configured, will that change the Hard Deck in the bank with automatic rescue configured? Or said another way, If you activate automatic rescue in one bank, then switch to the bank with manual rescue configured, will it have a hard deck altitude set?

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 22:31:48 

if i remember correctly
the hard deck is set every time at the altitude the heli is
when you enable the automatic rescue

you could set one channel to bank switching ( ch7 for example )
and assign it to 3 position switch
that will allow you to choose the 3 banks

then you assign another channel ( ch8 for example )
to 2 position switch and to the rescue function in spirit

so when you are in bank with normal rescue
and you switch the ch8 then the heli will rescue

when you are in the bank with automatic rescue
and you switch the ch8, the heli will memorise the altitude
and will rescue if you go below than that altitude

hope to be able to explain :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri 19. Nov 2021 7:49:11 

whenever you switch away from the bank with auto rescue set, auto rescue is stopped and last rescue hight is dropped. whenever you switch back to the bank with auto rescue, the auto rescue is started once for 1.5 secs, the rescue hight is set at actual heli height and auto rescue is active with the new height.

my guess: if you - for example - have auto rescue activated in one bank and use a (springloaded) button/switch for additional manual rescue at the same time auto rescue is active (it has to switch to a bank with normal rescue configured and activate it at the same time) => it will do so. when you let the button/switch go to off again, it will switch back to the previous bank (with auto rescue configured) and do the normal auto rescue process (rescue for 1.5 secs, learn new auto rescue height). so it will rescue 2 times in fact, learn the new height and continue auto rescue in that height. to be confirmed by Tomas: as said... just my guess.

Last edited by HeliMLM on Fri 19. Nov 2021 19:38:19, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 19. Nov 2021 17:04:29 

EDIT>>>>
I have now changed things as the rescue acro does not work quite the same to me.....I have put banks on the same switch as rescue, so now banks 0 and 1 have rescue acro and bank 2 has rescue auto. Middle switch is no rescue but bank 1, so pull spring switch to me and rescue acro is engaged with bank 0 and all works ok. push switch away from me and changes to bank 2 (rescue auto) and engages rescue...all seems to work ok to me....Only bench tested this but i think it should be ok in the air.....
Do any of you see any problem with this?<<<<<<
Regards Adrian

PostPosted: Sat 08. Jan 2022 19:34:53 

TNJET you are right would like that too.
comming from 3Digi i have the momentary switch for rescue, as long as i hold the rescue us active. Nice !
ordered the GT to get a add. safety like the autorescue or Harddeck.
Bank 0 start hoovering, manual rescue, Bank 1 and 2 , 2 rpms for 3d plus autorescue. Would switch to Bank 1 in 10m height as my lowest Harddeck and like to use the momentary switch in 100 m height without changing the 10 m level.

I understand also the idea of the 2 way switch and could change my habbits but then is difficult to switch between different FBL systems.....
solution:
The Bankswitching to autorescue will define the height, the rescue switch works like in normal or rescue mode.

Or we use another 2 way switch ONLY to activate autorescue and height but no actual rescueing, which is done only via the momentary switch.....if not activated normal/acro rescue is in all Banks working. So autorescue just get a dedicated channel or special GAIN value

not a big issue at all, some are using complicated mixers to overide the Bank but i dont like that because if switching between banks you change the rpm also......

PostPosted: Tue 09. Aug 2022 18:04:26 

In perfect world it would take 3 switches / buttons or sliders if you will ;)
But them sliders lets leave them alone for fine tunning gyro gains in flight ;)
Ok lets dive in..
Switch A ( two positions ) sets auto rescue value/hight for all 3 banks ( can it be done?) only Thomas knows ;) Setting remains till dismissed.
Switch B ( spring loaded). Rescue on demend, whatever acro / normal yehh just because we can ;)
Switch C ( tree positions) for banks - different gains seting for different flight style.

But then what about our parts suppliers would they be happy with Thoma's units killing their market? Well lets see..

PostPosted: Tue 09. Aug 2022 20:43:58 

Hi, with version 3.4.1 it became much simpler to setup various rescue modes, including auto rescue.
Before that, I never managed to get my most important requirement to work that is for manual rescue to always work, regardless of the current rescue mode and without having to misuse bank switching.

With 3.4.1 I now have a channel assiged to each mode I use:

1) manual rescue via momentary switch
2) auto level via position 2 of a 3-way switch
3) automatic rescue via position 3 of the same 3-way switch (when this 3-way switch is in position 1, auto level and automatic rescue are disabled.

Manual rescue is now always possible and has priority which is what was needed.
One note: I'm using Spirit GT and not the GTR as I do not have Jeti.

Regards,
Bernd

PostPosted: Tue 09. Aug 2022 23:28:15 

1) manual rescue via momentary switch
2) auto level via position 2 of a 3-way switch
3) automatic rescue via position 3 of the same 3-way switch (when this 3-way switch is in position 1, auto level and automatic rescue are disabled.

Hey Spaceman.
Good one. I will give it shot.. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed 10. Aug 2022 10:11:26 

Hi Vector,

In the General tab / Channel assign the desired rescue functions - see my example attached.
In the Stabi tab you need to select "Selected by Channel" for all rescue modes you want to configure.
No need to assign "F:Stabi Function" anymore with this setup.

Please note: when "Selected by Channel" is selected, you may not be able to reach all parameters e.g. the parameter that lets you configure the inverted flying compensation offset for the automatic rescue mode.
In this case, temporarily select that mode and make you desired setting and then do not forget to switch back to "Selected by Channel". I'm hoping that Tomas reads this as well and it gets fixed in a future update.

If you have been using bank switching in order to use differnet rescue modes so far, I recommend to check for any remainders of that by using the Bank Comparison function located in the Backup tab - this is the button with the two arrows <-->

By the way, the autoleve acro mode is great for practicing inverted maneuvers e.g. inverted hover, inverted pirouetts and even piro flips. Now that Manual Rescue always has priority it is fairly safe to use. Before 3.4.1 manual rescue would not work while in another rescue mode unless you jump throogh hoops trying to accomplish this with mixers and/or virtual switches on the transmitter - big improvement towards safety.

Hope this helps - I wish the user manual would improve in this regard.

Cheers and good luck, Bernd

P.S. My setup is Graupner Hott MZ32 transmitter and Spirit GT. Channel assignment may be different for your system.

Attachments:
Spirit 3.4.1 - Stabi - Rescue.png
Spirit 3.4.1 - Stabi - Rescue.png [ 27.81 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]
Spirit 3.4.1 - Diagnostic.png
Spirit 3.4.1 - Diagnostic.png [ 46.69 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]
Spirit 3.4.1 - General - Channels - 2.png
Spirit 3.4.1 - General - Channels - 2.png [ 83.52 KiB | Viewed 251 times ]