It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 12:19:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 2:49:28 

Looking for some help with Auto Rescue on my GTR. I'm running v3.3.3 firmware and have everything like I want it except the Auto Rescue. Rescue Normal works perfectly, but I'm struggling with how to set-up and activate Auto Rescue. I see there is an option for it in the stabi set-up tab in the programming software, but I cant wrap my head around how to activate it. I see there is a change in how to activate it in v3.3.3, but need more detail on exactly how to set up and activate. I understand the hard deck altitude is defined by when you activate the rescue function, but how do you do that?

I'm using a push button for Rescue Normal on my Jeti and want to continue to use the button for normal rescue while flying, and also have a hard deck activated.

Can someone explain how to do this?

Thanks

tnjet

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 7:12:11 

Hi
You Cant have autoresque and resquenormal in the same bank.Set up bankswitching on another
Switch asign it to channel 7 in the TX,for example in bank 0 you set up resquenormal and in bank 1
autoresque.
MVH
Latjo

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 14:50:39 

So, again.....How do you activate Automatic Rescue? v3.3.3 no longer has the ability to set the altitude you want for Hard Deck.
How do you set the Hard Deck altitude?

Sounds like a great improvement opportunity to add this feature. What I would like:

+ Hard Deck off when you power up
+ Hard Deck off while you take-off
+ Hover at the Hard Deck altitude you want to set
+ Activate Rescue (normal of whatever). Hard Deck altitude is set at that altitude
+ Rescue (normal or whatever) operates as Normal Rescue while flying but does not reset the Hard Deck altitude.

This would accomplish what I am looking for. I think v3.3.3 does this, but I need more information on how to set it up. I think it would help to leave Rescue (Normal) as it is and add a function controlled by another channel to turn on and turn off Hard Deck. Then it would operate as I am looking for.

tnjet

Last edited by tnjet on Thu 18. Nov 2021 14:55:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 14:53:29 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is being activated in the very same way as other Rescue system.
It is enough to change from Rescue (Normal) to (Automatic).
Nothing else is needed, except assigning this rescue to a normal two-state switch.
When activating Rescue (Automatic) it will act similarly as (Normal). So it can be used as a normal rescue too.

It will engage rescue at the height where you activate it with switch.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 14:57:40 

zexx86,

Thanks for your reply. is the Auto Rescue height resettable while in flight? Or once you set it, then that is the Auto Rescue height for the entire flight?

tnjet

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 14:58:43 
Site Admin

You can set altitude how many times you want whenever it is activated. It will start to engage rescue automatically at the height where it was activated.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 15:01:56 

OK. Still confused. If its as simple as activating Rescue and the hard deck will be set, then if I rescue first time at 5 meters, the hard deck should be 5 meters...correct. Then what happens if I rescue at 100m? Will the hard deck now be 100m? How do I get the model underneath the hard deck.

Again, I am trying to use a button for rescue/auto rescue. Do you have to hold the button for a long time to reset hte hard deck altitude?

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 15:10:11 
Site Admin

If you will activate it at 100m, then it will be rescuing at 100m as you wrote.
For this reason two-state switch is recommended instead of a push button or momentary switch. Not to hold button all the time, because it is not comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 15:22:12 

I don't think we are clearly communicating.....so, It's not possible to use a button for Auto Rescue? It's no different than using a 2 position switch. The button is either on or its off.

On either a switch or button (because they are the same)....and you rescue at 100m (so now the hard deck altitude is 100m) how to you land? How do you fly the heli under the hard deck?

It sounds like you can not do Auto rescue and Normal rescue during the same flight. Is this correct?

PostPosted: Thu 18. Nov 2021 17:31:36 

ZeXx86,

Thanks for your help. I understand how the programming works now. I think a very useful feature for future development, would be to separate out the Rescue (Normal) function and the Rescue (Automatic) function into two different channels. That way, you can have a Normal Rescue function while flying around, and an Automatic Rescue to set your Hard Deck. Also, Automatic Rescue should be deactivated when throttle position is at zero. That would allow you to practice autos (zero throttle) even if you forget to turn off the Automatic Rescue function.

I suppose you could accomplish the same thing using the altitude limits feature. Set your low level at the hard deck altitude you want. It would still be nice if this function would deactive when throttle is at zero.