It is currently Tue 19. Mar 2024 7:46:07

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 16. Aug 2022 22:20:37 

Hello Spaceman.
Greatly appreciate you took the time to help and explain. To be honest if I would figure it out it would take me quite some time to get my head around it. I totally overlooked setting for channel assignment in stabi tab. Too bad I got only 3 switches available left ;). By any chance have you set gov. @ Spirit or going with ESC gov? Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed 17. Aug 2022 5:23:45 

Hello Vector,
thanks, glad I could help.
I have not used Spirt Gov. as of yet so I cannot give any advise here.
Cheers,
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 18. Aug 2022 0:46:18 

Hello again Spaceman. Rescue by channel all in order and working :) Looknig @ Spirit's wiki and telemetry for GT/YGE it says one should disconnect red/power wire from JST servo adapter, but it does not mention anything about swaping pins on Sat1 port side . Looking at attached pictures it should be done too. I was hopeing you run gov on your unit and I can get quick conformation from your side. I suppose I need telemetry from ESC to get Spirit's gov working.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu 18. Aug 2022 6:08:10 

Hi Vector,
for the Spirt Gov. to work ESC telemetry should not be required but it is nice to have.
If you look at the corresponding ESC section of the online manual you can see how the wiring should look like, including the jst connector.
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... _telemetry

Please note, if you look at the pdf version of the manual you may still find pictures of the older Spirit Pro which has the jst connector placed up side down compared to the newer system such as GT/GTR.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu 18. Aug 2022 12:52:38 

Hey Spaceman.
The link you've point to is exactly what I'm talking about. Point .2 Interfacing, picture shows that on Sat1 port side ground wire from ESC telemetry goes for middle pin on Spirit unit . It could be that middle pin in Spirit's Sat1 port has power for RX satellite so there is a chance I'm about to connect ground from ESC telemetry with power [ middle pin] from Spirit. Sync modification of JST servo adapter is mention and cutting red wire is must to avoid unit damage it could say that pin swap on Sat1 side should be done too. Connection shown in picture can be easily overlooked :) and still may rise question :)
Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri 19. Aug 2022 6:35:15 

Hi Vector,
as far as I can see the middle pin of the Spirit SAT connector is ground. When I compare this for instance with a Spekrum SAT receiver the middle pin is als black which I "assume" is ground - have not measured it as I'm currently travelling. I also was very unsure about which pin carries what initially, especially since the JST connectors of the older type and newer type Spirit units are rotated by 180°. I had made my own cable for my first Spirit GT and it still works fine. But nowadays I simply use the original ones they sell. If you make you cable as depicted in the online manual you should be OK. Disclaimer - sorry no warranties.
Cheers,
Bernd

PostPosted: Fri 19. Aug 2022 12:16:19 

Hello Spaceman.
Look like Spirit needs rpms from escthrough telemetry connection for gov to work. Thanks. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon 22. Aug 2022 11:18:15 
Site Admin

Hello,

Spirit Governor is not using RPM from ESC telemetry at all. It can work only when RPM sensor is connected at the PIT pin.

PostPosted: Sun 20. Nov 2022 20:47:58 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

Spirit Governor is not using RPM from ESC telemetry at all. It can work only when RPM sensor is connected at the PIT pin.

Thanks for input.
Thanks to member Mattes61 today I was able to set governor and get it up and running ;)