It is currently Wed 22. May 2024 15:24:14

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri 17. Sep 2021 19:01:36 
Site Admin

If there are circles then as written in the manual it is important to do Compass calibration. This is the most common reason for not hovering stable.
Position Hold has no Pitch control mode, there collective pitch is controlled all the time normally.
If you mean Altitude Hold, then there are few modes. One with locked pitch and one with possibility to control.
I recommend first to resolve Position Hold mode.

PostPosted: Thu 30. Sep 2021 16:06:56 

Hello, so I calibrate the Compass 3 times I check it with an Analog Compas and the nose it's to the north shows 93º but still the same, I try to lower the H and V Values but than done the circle slower.
I try the Compass Heading Correction to 45º and still the same .

But the Strange is as I mention several times, that even with the Function Position Hold with Pitch control,
the Heli lose fast altitude even when I give full throttle. ??

Also from the 3 Helis with Spirit GT and GeoLink , only one Flys ok that's the Big Kraken,
the 2 other ones are GOBLIN 500. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ZeXx86 wrote:
If there are circles then as written in the manual it is important to do Compass calibration. This is the most common reason for not hovering stable.
Position Hold has no Pitch control mode, there collective pitch is controlled all the time normally.
If you mean Altitude Hold, then there are few modes. One with locked pitch and one with possibility to control.
I recommend first to resolve Position Hold mode.

PostPosted: Fri 01. Oct 2021 14:35:18 
Site Admin

Hello,

it seems that your problem is not related to GeoLink but to Stabilisation precision.
I can recommend this guide:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... ise_Rescue

You can try to enable Extended signal processing first. If you will notice a change then the problem is there.

PostPosted: Sun 03. Oct 2021 10:31:30 

Hello,

Will try, but I observed on the Bench that the Heli Big Kraken when I activated the Function "Position Hold",
the Swahplate doesn't move and this one make the Function in the Air Perfect,
but with the two Helis that the "Position Hold" in the Air not work's, on the both GOBLIN's 500,
when I do the same on the bench, the Swahplate moves !??? Also GeoLink Tried to stabilsaiton the Heli on the Bench?
May this Help you to analise the problem.

But with Logical thinking it can't be a Vibration problem ,because on the Heli obviously the Motor is off
on the Bench ! :shock:

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

it seems that your problem is not related to GeoLink but to Stabilisation precision.

You can try to enable Extended signal processing first. If you will notice a change then the problem is there.

Last edited by Dr.Fleming on Tue 05. Oct 2021 18:16:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 05. Oct 2021 18:14:33 

Hello,

I test it with the two options, "signal processing" and with the "Stabilisation precision",
but the same problem!
I observe now a funny think, when I activate the function Position Hold
on the Bench without opening the Spirit Programm, the Swashplate moves,
but when I start the Spirit Programm, the Swashplate stops to move,
is this normal? :ugeek:

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

PostPosted: Thu 07. Oct 2021 13:20:28 
Site Admin

Hello,

it is correct behavior you can see movement of the servos when Position Hold is engaged. It mean the GPS is working and doing corrections.
If there is absolutely no movement it mean it does not work - at least with all current firmware versions.
When there is no movement, then only normal stabilisation flight is engaged.

Is the one helicopter where it is working actually holding position? Or it starts to drift after some time?

It seems it will be needed to go throught whole setup step by step for these two helicopters.
For this reason, please take a photo of swashplate when you tick Subtrim (tuning). In this moment all servo arms must be perpendicular. And swashplate must be level.

PostPosted: Wed 13. Oct 2021 14:51:06 

Hello,

So what causality I read that you recoment the user tgalo to reduce the H Value,
I do that from 100% to 80%, and now looks that the Position Hold is nearly
clean. The only one is that when I activate now, that he lose some meters of altitude,
is there another point to fine adjusting? :P

The funny is, that I already test this out, but with the detail that, when I was reduce the H Value,
at the same time I reduce the V value by same %, and that was the reason that the circle not stop,
but the Heli was making the circle just slower, as I mention in one of my previous messages.
I think normally this is are not setup point's for the end User's , this must come ready to use from
the manufacturer.

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

it is correct behavior you can see movement of the servos when Position Hold is engaged. It mean the GPS is working and doing corrections.
If there is absolutely no movement it mean it does not work - at least with all current firmware versions.
When there is no movement, then only normal stabilisation flight is engaged.

Is the one helicopter where it is working actually holding position? Or it starts to drift after some time?

It seems it will be needed to go throught whole setup step by step for these two helicopters.
For this reason, please take a photo of swashplate when you tick Subtrim (tuning). In this moment all servo arms must be perpendicular. And swashplate must be level.

PostPosted: Wed 13. Oct 2021 18:59:56 
Site Admin

Horizontal Correction is affecting Position Hold. While Vertical Correction is affecting only Altitude Hold.
I do not recommend to try to engage both at the same time if both are not tuned. Otherwise you can not be able to tune circling.
Because one or another can induce this problem.

So please always engage only one when you are trying to tune them.

If circling is still visible, Phase correction should fix it. It is only important to find correct angle.
If it is very apparent, please set +20°. If it will get worse, then -20°. There are two directions where you can tune it. Difference must be visible.

PostPosted: Thu 14. Oct 2021 9:49:07 

Hello, what you mean with Phase correction, I don't see it in the Spirit software. :cry:

ZeXx86 wrote:
Horizontal Correction is affecting Position Hold. While Vertical Correction is affecting only Altitude Hold.
I do not recommend to try to engage both at the same time if both are not tuned. Otherwise you can not be able to tune circling.
Because one or another can induce this problem.

So please always engage only one when you are trying to tune them.

If circling is still visible, Phase correction should fix it. It is only important to find correct angle.
If it is very apparent, please set +20°. If it will get worse, then -20°. There are two directions where you can tune it. Difference must be visible.

PostPosted: Thu 14. Oct 2021 10:28:46 

wrong suggestion :oops:

Last edited by urgno on Thu 14. Oct 2021 13:48:22, edited 2 times in total.