It is currently Sat 04. May 2024 15:49:27

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue 10. Aug 2021 21:29:58 

With 3.3.2 HoTT Integration works now for me. Still need to test whether my YGE telemetry will now work too via the Spirit GT. I will update on that. With 3.3.2 the issue that the Spirit would not initialize when the HoTT telemetry is connected seems to be fixed as well.
Thanks,
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 12. Aug 2021 20:16:49 

Hi Tomáš,

I have made a few flights today and the system flies very well.

Here is my update regarding the HoTT integration:
- Integration now works well with my Graupner MZ32 with GR-16 receiver (running Spirit GT v3.3.2), both as "General HoTT module" and as "Electric Air module".
- But I'm not able to receive any YGE ESC - 90 LVT telemetry values via the Spirit GT when the YGE ESC is connected via a telemetry cable to the primary SAT port. I'm absolutely certain that my cable is correct.
- I have now connected the ESC and the receiver in parallel via a Y-cable to the HoTT integration cable and that way I can see both the Spirit GT telemetry and the ESC telemetry - for now that works for me but I would like to be able to use the primary SAT port connection for my ESC as it is intended.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

P.S.; Another issue I'm having is that the automatic rescue only worked for one flight and now I cannot get it to work anymore. But I will add further details to a corresponding existing or new topic.

PostPosted: Fri 13. Aug 2021 6:59:59 

Spaceman wrote:
- But I'm not able to receive any YGE ESC - 90 LVT telemetry values via the Spirit GT when the YGE ESC is connected via a telemetry cable to the primary SAT port. I'm absolutely certain that my cable is correct...

maybe a stupid question, but just to be sure: how was your YGE telemetry configured when you connected it to Spirit/Sat1? YGE or HOTT? (should be YGE)

nb: all of my YGEs (but on Jeti) are working perfectly either directly connected to Jeti Rx or Spirit unit. anyhow i personally prefer to have it connected directly to the Rx, because that way i can setup YGE parameters directly from Tx. the same is valid for HOTT.

PostPosted: Fri 13. Aug 2021 9:59:47 

Hi Michael,

thanks for the hint. This was actually an excellent question. My ESC's telemetry is set to HoTT. It completely escaped my attention. I had read this in the instructions but the message didn't reach my brain cells. I can only test this on the weekend - YGE adapter is at home. I'm travelling now and the YGE ESC does not support to change this setting. But I'm quite confident that this is the reason.

Cheers,
Bernd

HeliMLM wrote:
Spaceman wrote:
- But I'm not able to receive any YGE ESC - 90 LVT telemetry values via the Spirit GT when the YGE ESC is connected via a telemetry cable to the primary SAT port. I'm absolutely certain that my cable is correct...

maybe a stupid question, but just to be sure: how was your YGE telemetry configured when you connected it to Spirit/Sat1? YGE or HOTT? (should be YGE)

nb: all of my YGEs (but on Jeti) are working perfectly either directly connected to Jeti Rx or Spirit unit. anyhow i personally prefer to have it connected directly to the Rx, because that way i can setup YGE parameters directly from Tx. the same is valid for HOTT.

PostPosted: Mon 16. Aug 2021 18:37:33 

Spaceman wrote:
Hi Michael,

thanks for the hint. This was actually an excellent question. My ESC's telemetry is set to HoTT. It completely escaped my attention. I had read this in the instructions but the message didn't reach my brain cells. I can only test this on the weekend - YGE adapter is at home. I'm travelling now and the YGE ESC does not support to change this setting. But I'm quite confident that this is the reason.

Cheers,
Bernd

HeliMLM wrote:
Spaceman wrote:

Hi,
So I got back home and have now been able to switch my YGE telemetry setting on the ECS to the YGE protocol. I then connected the blue cable of the ESC to the special telemetry cable that connects to the primary SAT port, enabled YGE ESC telemetry in the Spirit GT and it all works as expected. My ESC problem was caused by my little brian cells ;-)
The general telemetry compatiblity has been fixed by firmware version 3.3.2 as I had confirmed already in a previous post.

From my point of view this topic can be considered SOLVED.