It is currently Thu 28. Mar 2024 11:34:17

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat 31. Jul 2021 17:24:05 

Hi Tomáš,
a few days ago I've received my Spirit GT and I was sooo happy :) I did the initial setup using the PC Software (v3.3.1) - protocoll SUMD.
The setup went smooth up until the point when I wanted to establish the HoTT telemetry so that I can control Spirit settings from the transmitter.
- I have made the correct cable and measured that it is OK (see picture attached) but I can't get my radio to see the Spirit GT.
- My Graupner MZ-32 reads the Speed controller telemetry without problems when connected to the GR-16 telemetry port so I presume that my transmitter settings are correct
- I confirmed my setup follwowing this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttXgIY4K1P4
- I am quite certain that I did not misconnect the SYS cable but my suspicion is that the SYS port is not working properly.
- When I connect an oscilloscope to the telemetry I do see pulses in frequent intervals but it looks more like a heartbeat or start bit and not like data.
- When I connect the oscilloscope to the telemetry of the GR-16 while the YGE 95 speed controller is connect to it, I see real data streams.
- I have re-installed the firmware of the device - no change.
- YGE speed controller telemetry is currently disabled (enabling it made no change) as this is only a second step once I have telemetry between the Spirit GT and my radio working. I will then use the special cable that connects the YGE speed controller to the primary SAT port.

Have I missed something to enable on the Spirit GT or is my unit not OK.

Thanks for any help on this.
Regards,
Bernd

Attachments:
Spirit - HoTT Telemety cable.jpg
Spirit - HoTT Telemety cable.jpg [ 832.67 KiB | Viewed 393 times ]

Last edited by Spaceman on Tue 03. Aug 2021 13:13:41, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat 31. Jul 2021 22:43:07 

Question: Did you enable the telemetry function on the receiver? I believe I missed that in my video.
You have to go into the settings for the receiver and make sure the telemetry port is not set to “servo”. This is obviously not needed for big receivers like a 12c channel as the telemetry port is dedicated as shown in my video.

PostPosted: Sun 01. Aug 2021 6:56:47 

yufasa wrote:
Question: Did you enable the telemetry function on the receiver? I believe I missed that in my video.
You have to go into the settings for the receiver and make sure the telemetry port is not set to “servo”. This is obviously not needed for big receivers like a 12c channel as the telemetry port is dedicated as shown in my video.

Thanks for your reply. I'm using a GR-16 that has a dedicated telemetry port which is permanently enabled. And I have confirmed that the telemetry on the receiver and transmitter side works by connecting the YGE speed controller directly to the telemetry port of the GR-16.

So it must be someting else.

Regards,
Bernd

PostPosted: Thu 05. Aug 2021 7:58:17 
Site Admin

Hello,

I can't find anything wrong in your setup or cable.
When we are trying it, it just works.

Sometime the only problem is that in your radio you have to select General module for telemetry.
SUMD connection is working normally, right?

Can you take a photo of the wiring?

Your unit is certainly OK.

PostPosted: Thu 05. Aug 2021 10:40:39 

Hi Tomáš,

thanks for your feedback. I have attached some picture of my wiring.
- When the telemetry cable is connected the General device is not detected by the radio and therefore I cannot select it.
- I have noticed that the Spirit GT does not initialize properly when the telemetry cable is connected to it and to the tele port of the GR-16. The blue LED on the Spirit blinks for a short moment and then it turns off. Sometimes the unit initializes OK but most of the time not.
- I suspect that the Spirit does have a problem after all. Either it had it from the beginning or I did someting to it it did not like, which would surprize me as I took extra care, knowing that the two outer connectors of Spirit Systems must not get power (not my first Spirit System).

Without the telemetry cable connected it appears to be working allright and I did a test flight on Tuesday with no issues.

My proposal is that I will send the unit to you once you have stock and once you have been able to take a look at it we decide how to proceed. I do trust your judgement. We can then combine the return shipment with another GT I want to order anyways.

Please let me know whether this is an approach that would work for you as well.

Best regards,
Bernd

Attachments:
1 - Tele cable connection.jpg
1 - Tele cable connection.jpg [ 330.89 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]
4 - Tele cable connected but Spirit not recognized.jpg
4 - Tele cable connected but Spirit not recognized.jpg [ 520.19 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]
5 - YGE ESC connected to GR-16 - ESC and Receiver listed in telemetry menu.jpg
5 - YGE ESC connected to GR-16 - ESC and Receiver listed in telemetry menu.jpg [ 525.2 KiB | Viewed 303 times ]

PostPosted: Thu 05. Aug 2021 18:47:41 
Site Admin

Can you try it without connected ESC to telemetry please?

Next week we will be releasing new update that will improve compatibility with GT, so initiliazation should work always well. No need to send unit, I think it will not help. I believe unit is still OK. GT has good protections even for wrong wiring.

PostPosted: Fri 06. Aug 2021 7:53:51 

Hi,

Not sure whether I understand your request to try it without the ESC connected. Currently the ESC is only connected to the receiver when the Spirit is not connected to it.
To be clear. It is either the Spirit GT or the ESC that is connected. Since the Spirit telemetry is not working I'm flying the Heli without the Spirit telemetry cable being connected but I then connect the ESC directly to the receiveer so that I get its telemetry data.
I do have a special cable to connect the ESC to the primary SAT port, but as long as the Spirit is not communicating with the receiver there is no point in keeping this connection between the ESC and the SAT port.

Hope this clarifies. I will wait for the new firmware and use the PC software to setup the Spirit GT until the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Bernd

Last edited by Spaceman on Sat 07. Aug 2021 7:09:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 07. Aug 2021 2:46:32 

I am having the exact same issue with the Spirit GT. Graupner MZ-16, the receiver is a GR-12L SUMC+ T Diversity with the latest Graupner firmware. Telemetry/settings will work fine when connected to my original Spirit FBL and my Spirit 2. The Spirit GT will not initial if I have the telemetry/setting connected to the receiver. The Spirit GT will power up and then the blue light turns off. If I unplug the telemetry/setting cable the Spirit GT will work.

Daniel

PostPosted: Tue 10. Aug 2021 8:14:46 
Site Admin

Hello,

please try to update to the latest version 3.3.2. I believe it will help you.

PostPosted: Tue 10. Aug 2021 18:54:50 

ZeXx86 wrote:
Hello,

please try to update to the latest version 3.3.2. I believe it will help you.

Can you post in "news" what is new in 3.3.2?

Thank you,
Daniel