It is currently Sun 28. Apr 2024 11:14:04

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon 19. Jul 2021 17:24:09 

I am trying to setup a Trex 550 with Spirit 2, Jeti REX3 and Jeti DS12. Servos centred with setup wizard (by our club chairman) and I am assured that it is mechanically perfect. Blades are at zero degrees. Set up the 6 degree step and then set max pitch to 10 degrees.
Whilst still in the wizard max and min stick gives me equal +10 and -10 blade angles.

All good. However when I exit the wizard I can only get +10 and -4 degrees!

I have cleared all function curves, DRs are 100% Expo 0, and have re calibrated my transmitter but whatever I do I still have a 6 degree difference between max and min.

Any ideas please?

PostPosted: Mon 19. Jul 2021 17:27:04 
Site Admin

Hello,

please take a look here:
http://manual.spirit-system.com/index.p ... tive_Pitch

PostPosted: Tue 20. Jul 2021 12:39:29 

Thanks for your response. I have done all that you suggest and the mechanical setup has been checked by two pilots with over 15 years experience with helicopters so I am confident that it is absolutely correct.

When I go through the setup wizard all is fine right up to the Servo Travel Correction screen. Here I can set the servos to give me exactly equal positive and negative throws. All good, but as soon as I come out of the wizard the throws become unequal again. For example if I have the stick full negative and having -10 degrees of negative pitch on the blades when in the wizard, as soon as I come out, without touching the stick, the blade shoots to -4 degrees negative. I can still get 10 degrees positive at max stick.

This is my problem. I have set up a completely clean model in my DS12 and calibrated the TX. However in an attempt to isolate the problem I am going to try to set up the Spirit with a Spektrum satellite receiver and a DX8 and see if the problem still exists.

PostPosted: Tue 20. Jul 2021 12:41:38 

are you sure that when you try the heli out of wizard
maybe you are in hold mode that have his own pitch curve ?

PostPosted: Tue 20. Jul 2021 13:03:13 
Site Admin

This can be for example due to Bank Switching. You configured maybe Bank Switching and there is different pitch range for some bank.
It is enough to verify your collective pitch travel in the Diagnostic tab. It must be from -100 to 100%.
Please note, with the most models usage of Servo Travel Correction is not needed. In the most cases it mean that the mechanical center is off. For this reason there is offset for min and max.

I am afraid, even with 50 years of experience there can be still error. I am sure we will find it.

PostPosted: Wed 21. Jul 2021 11:50:04 

Thanks for your response. I have checked all mechanicals again and all is perfect. On TX all curves are “standard “ servo correction now zero, no features, banks etc are configured, all pitch curves are standard.

When I set max pitch in setup wizard, I set 10 deg positive (105) but even while still in the wizard, full negative stick still only gives an actual -4 deg angle on blades.

I am talking with Jeti UK and they have asked me to start a completely new and clean model and recalibrate the TX again to see if the problem persists.

Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Thu 22. Jul 2021 8:11:13 
Site Admin

Hello,

I am afraid something is still very wrong :(
First from all when you are in Diagnostic page, you have to see that pitch channel is moving from -100 to 100%. This must be the case always when doing configuration and you want to achieve equal min and max pitch.

Then it is very crucial, when configuring Subtrims, that all servo arms are in the middle. And you will not move with them anywhere, just to the middle as close as possible.
And when in subtrim menu, there must be 0° pitch between main blades.

If all these things are correct, it must be precise..

PostPosted: Thu 22. Jul 2021 16:26:39 

Hi,
Since my last post I have re-flashed Version 3.3.1 to the Spirit 2, downloaded Jeti integration software version 3.3.0 from the Spirit website and installed it into the Devices folder in my DS12 and recalibrated my DS12.

When I enter the setup software and chose diagnostics, all the sticks give plus or minus 100 at full deflection. Throttle gives 50% at mid stick and Pitch 0 deg.

In the setup wizard, at step 7, servo subtrim, all servo arms are at right angles, the head control arms are level and the blades are at zero pitch. At step 8 a pitch angle of 6 deg is achieved at a figure of 128.

When I move on to step 9, servo limits setting, with the stick at +100 I can set a blade angle of 10 deg with a pitch range setting of 64.

At this point things go pear shaped!

Whilst still in screen 9, if I reduce stick to the -100 position ie. minimum pitch, the blade only moves to -4.1deg not -10deg. I then came out of the wizard (set on auto save) and back into the diagnostic screen where all throws were still +/- 100.

I then went back into the setup travel correction screen and without checking the Pitch adjustment box, tried max and min stick. Max gave me +9.6deg and min gave -9.3deg.

I then came out of the setup travel screen and the blades stayed at -9.3deg. The max blade angle I could achieve was the +5.0deg. Without touching the stick I went back into the servo travel screen and the blades immediately jumped to +9.7deg and I could get -9.3deg.

I left the stick at max, 9.7deg, and came out of the setup travel screen. The blades immediately jumped to +4.9 deg and would achieve -8.5 deg.

I repeated this exercise, went back into the servo travel screen and without touching the stick, the blades jumped to -9.3 deg and would achieve +9.5 deg. Leaving the stick at max, I came out of the screen again and the blades jumped to +4.8 deg and would achieve -9.1 deg.

I then closed the Spirit software completely leaving the transmitter on and could achieve +10.1 deg at max stick and -4.2 deg at min stick.

I have not set any curves, DR, expo, banks or anything else. Everything is as basic as I can get it. These results seem not only odd but inconsistent.

I do hope that you can make some sense of them.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri 23. Jul 2021 11:49:14 

Hi,

I sent my previous post to Jeti UK and they have received the following response from Jeti central.

“ This is not a Jeti problem the TX is not being informed of the settings back from the Spirit which is why it’s reverting to the last known setting in the Spirit. “

I also have a Blade 330 with a RS Spirit. Last night I completely reset up this heli and it is not showing the same problem.

Hope this helps.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri 23. Jul 2021 11:58:36 
Site Admin

Hi,

I think the problem is present, because you set Servo Travel Correction. Default value is 0 for Up and Down. Likely for one side your travel correction is configured to some wrong value.
I recommend factory defaults.

Yes, it is not problem related to Radio settings. Only settings in the unit.